Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

hahah....yeah...and as soon as someone's corals start to die due to lack of appropriate maintenance or an overstocked tank, you know who the convenient scapegoat will be. "that dastard cherub!"

And don't be frontin if one of your angels die, you guys. cuz as they die, I'm gonna be leaving the big X mark thru your cherub's pic. better believe it. =)

Great...mine's gonna die now first cuz I made that comment, huh?

BTW, DID I leave anyone out of the roster? And does someone have a better pic of EtOH's than the one in the bag? I was gonna do a poster w/ all four in bags, but freakin Kogut had to mess that up by not taking a picture w/ his cherub in the bag. =P haha.

if the chairman of the PCC (pygmy cherub club) has their pygmy die or if their pygmy decides to take a nip of some coral he must resign from office, being unfit to command, and the members of the PCC are to vote for a new leader (gotta keep this thing a democracy..haha)

An angle should be fine. An angel however might be pushing it. I personally wouldn't do it, but then again, the pygmy angel doesn't seem to swim out in the open as much so maybe it's possible. Definitely get a second opinion on that one tho.

Originally posted by Kogut

I'd say you. You got yours first, so it's only fair that the person who took the greatest risk would become the leader. IMHO.

I can't handle such pressure and responsibility. (coup on myself!)

i'm not talkin about compatibility issues w/ coral and fish. I'm talking about tank size and its constraints on a relatively active fish (unlike the clown) and the effects of more active fish to the bioload capacity of a 12g volume of water.

So if you were to keep it, my main suggestion would be to keep up w/ tank maintenance and regular water changes. Etc etc.

... got rid of mine about two weeks ago. it was very well fed in my 20 l, but i guess it really liked the taste of my zoos, leathers, and caulastreas. FWIW, he was in there about a year before he started nippin at stuff. keep an eye on yours, PCC members. hopefully all your corals taste like crap

Don't put an angel in a 12 gal, please. It might survive, but I have a 20L and right now I am watching my angel swim... He's almost constantly moving from cave to cave in search of algae. Your bioload would be maxed out and the fish might not survive w/out ample room. You have to remember that the fish needs room to swim, not just to live. Just my 2c on it...

Originally posted by jimbofromfrag

... got rid of mine about two weeks ago.  it was very well fed in my 20 l, but i guess it really liked the taste of my zoos, leathers, and caulastreas.  FWIW, he was in there about a year before he started nippin at stuff.  keep an eye on yours, PCC members.  hopefully all your corals taste like crap

This is discouraging to hear. But I'm glad you posted it. we should know about the "darker side" of the seemingly innocent-looking cherub. I'm already about to take mine out of the tank now to save my acan.

j/k. but still very scared.

ok if the chairman isn't Tigah...lets go with Etoh he stared the thread...with all these people gettin into pygmys maybe we can work a way to get these little nippers reef-safe?