ReefCleaners.org

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

My pygmy has been well behaved. I think my clowns have a part in that though as they won't let him near any of my corals, lol. He's been swimming behind the rocks mostly and popping out of caves and holes from time to time but staying real close to the rockwork. The only thing he nips at is the back wall and the rocks and he's eating everything I've put in the tank. (Pellets, brine, mysis)

Mine finally ate a bunch of flakes today. Had to use chopsticks to get them very close to his little cove in the middle of my rocks, but he's now chasing them around... Won't leave the rocks, though... He's getting better every day, so I'm very happy w/ my purchase and new addition!!! :)

Travis, I'm sure he'll love it. I'd be especially interested in that cave/cove... I have 2 spots like it in my tank, and he will usually hang out there a lot... When he's not playing "save me from the powerhead"... That's his favorite game... Go by the intake and pretend he can't get out... That goes on until something catches his attention and he swims away... :| Weird fish...

I'm going to laugh very hard when the angels all realize what an opportunity they have and decide to wage war on us all... If you think about it... 1/2 of this board will be affected... LMAO. *knock on wood*

If anybody has picked up the newest Coral Magazine, then you noticed it's centered around pygmy angels this month. I read in there that angels sometimes won't pick at corals in the beginning because they just haven't yet realized that corals could be a potential food, which explains why they sometimes develop that habit later down the road.

Anywho, I am trusting them enough to try a Cherub in my tank (even 2), because I've kept them before without problems, and a man I trust very much swears that they are completely reef safe.

See... I have no coral yet... So I'm hoping that the fish will get used to eating algae and whatever else I feed him, then when coral comes in, he'll already be established eating other foods and he won't care about the new additions... No idea if it'll work, but I'll find out in January!!! :|

My plan is to keep mine well fed and happy so he doesn't even have to think about what corals taste like. (I hope) And my liverock and backwall will keep supplying whatever my pygmy is picking at. (I hope) And my clowns will keep him in check. (I hope)

reeferbarra20

Hey Tigah , Im gonna get one in january after i get back from my vacation.BTW , What do you think of this stocking list in my 29? 2 false percs , 1 fire fish , 1 pygmy cherub angelfish,

Originally posted by reeferbarra20

Hey  Tigah , Im gonna get one  in  january after i get back from my vacation.BTW , What do you think of this stocking list in my 29?   2 false percs , 1 fire fish , 1 pygmy cherub angelfish,

Stocking list sounds good to me. We'll add ya to the roster when you get ur cherub. ;) haha.

planning (always planning) to get one for the 55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...originally liked the looks of the resplendent angel but man those suckers are expensive :bling: ! so pygmy sounds like a good alternative especially with the Pygmy Cherub Club (P.C.C.) haha!!!!!!

I'm glad you typed that, lol. There's bound to be a rogue fish somewhere along the lines, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be mine, lol. I can't handle having to catch another angel, I'd have to go spearfishing.