Coral Vue Hydros

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

why do we keep giving this species or genus the reef safe gentle label when it seems to be about 50% of them wreak havoc?? try at your on risk, but lets not try and label them as peaceful and reef safe just because half seem to be "okay", they look cute but they can be horribly painful if you happen to get the wrong one, and someone at my lfs probably did.. i returned tonto the lemon peel angel and someone bought that fine healthy hateful animal (not really hateful just miscared for) it is not fun to remove an angelfish from a fully stocked aquarium... this risk is so pointless, but ive learned my lesson just trying to save someone else the trouble

• 6 months later...
Dredging up an old one here.

Anyone still have their Pygmy? I got one yesterday.

I've had one for a few months now. Seems to be a great fish! I keep almost exclusively sps though...

I want a clam but i'm a little scared of what the pyg will do....

fewskillz

Mine died last night, completely out of the blue. I'd had him for almost a year. Everybody else is perfectly healthy, and he seemed fine too, even up to like 5 minutes before he died. I am very sad, he was my favorite fish.

Mine died last night, completely out of the blue. I'd had him for almost a year. Everybody else is perfectly healthy, and he seemed fine too, even up to like 5 minutes before he died. I am very sad, he was my favorite fish.

That is sad. I've only spend a few hours with my pyg so far, but he seemed rather fiesty in his acclimation bucket. I can see myself getting rather attached, I can imagine how you feel.

fewskillz

anybody ever try a pair of Pygmies? I've read that it can be done, but never actually heard of it being done.

Derby Reefer

When I got mine, the guy at the LFS told me that is can be done but you have to buy them together. If you get one then later get another it will not work out. If I can get 2 in my 29gal I will.

Just got one 2 weeks ago. This is the second I've had. Its still way too early to tell whether or not it'll be reef safe, but my last one was.

P.S. I'm drunk, so sorry if none of this makes sense.

Just got one 2 weeks ago. This is the second I've had. Its still way too early to tell whether or not it'll be reef safe, but my last one was.

P.S. I'm drunk, so sorry if none of this makes sense.

Jason,

How and What are you feeding your Pyg? I got mine Tuesday had have had some trouble. I read in this thread people honding flakes with chopsticks. I've tried this w/ long tweezers, but they spook the fish. I rubberbanded some to a feeding prong and left it in the tank for 1/2 an hour. The food was gone, but I'm not sure if it was fish or current that took it.

I'm using Sea Veggies. I feed mysis to various corals and inverts, he's shown no interest in that yet. Maybe a feeding clip for the sea veggies.

• 3 months later...

mine still is the (second) healthiest fish in my tank (scooter is the healthiest, i can see it in her eyes)..but yep, colors have got better and still active, great fish.

Mine only lasted about two months. She developed a taste for Zoanthids and had to go.

Here she is in my milk bottle trap.

HPIM0619.jpg

I was real sad to give her up. Very active and happy fish that ate like a champ. Actually, she ate a little too well, that was the problem... There's a guy in my local club who's had one in a 20L w/a pair of percs for about 6 months, and it's a model citizen. Luck of the draw I guess.

• 5 months later...

Looks like I'm tagging along....here is the best pic I could get, still fiddling with camera settings

DSCF0273.jpg?imgmax=512

Had him for about a week now, he is about 1" long. Thankfully he is an agressive little guy, because my female clown has turned into a ##### in the last few months. She chases him back into the rockwork frequently, but he always comes back for more, and holds his own for feeding time.