Cultivated Reef

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

Its a 12 gallon, no more fish will be going in it. I wanted to do a flamefish, but I will stick it out for a few months with these guys and add more corals. Ill transfer them to my 55 gallon in the spring when I get it. Went back tonight and the 2 clowns and cherub swim together like a school, kind of cool to watch.

You have 4 fish in a 12 gallon?wow that in it self is way beyond pushing it.Not to mention one is a dwarf angel and the other a dragonett.Those guys are gonna looooove that 55 when you get to it.I hope it is soon.

Yes, I understand I am pushing the limits. The bleeny has been the hardiest fish I have yet to see. He was the first fish to go in and eats like a champ. The two clowns were babys and have since then grown, I am very careful with how much food goes in and doing weekly 2 gallon water changes. The tank is thriving and I look foreward to a bigger tank. Ill get a pic of my cherub and post it.

just FYI: i dont think it's a matter of "fish" in ur 12g, it's more like a matter of space. if ur tank is the "12g nano-cube," it only truly holds like 7-8g in the display...

I got one a few weeks back and he's awesome. swims in and out of the rock all day and eats algae off the glass.

but this morning I woke up and my pumping xenia was hacked apart. I haven't found out who did it but it's most likely the angelfish. the only other things in there are two clowns, a cleaner shrimp, and a pistol shrimp.

I might have to return him :*(

If there was 1 coral that most fish could not resist eating, it would have to be xenia. It sways and moves so much, that it probably could not be resisted as a food source :)

On a side note, some people would consider their fish eating xenia a blessing, lol!

The Xenia that I am getting is an EXTREMELY slow grower. My LFS has a "colonie" in their display that has only grown afew inches in 2 years. It's under 2x250w 14K MHs

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Xenia are really sensative to Ph and Temperature!!!! i never in my life thought you could kill a xenia colony, but We DID!!!the tank was aparently getting up to 84*, but the glass thermometer was only reading 80* max... we couldn't figure out why it died, until my buddies girlfriend bought him a digital thermometer (what a girl!!!)... check your temp and Ph... try lowering the Ph to about 8.0 and the temp as low as possible...

Update: No nipping at corals. Seems to want to pick fights with the clownfishes though and always comes out on the losing end with a new scar or nipped fin.

Damn!! My cherub died in QT.I could never get it to do anything other than pick at the food.Didn't really eat.I knew the source I got the fish from was no very reliable,but I wanted one for such a long time I had to buy it.: (

I will refrain from angels for now and buy one when I go home to Illinois in the spring.

Well for those of you who haven't heard, my pygmy is trying to adopt my RBTA... He hangs out around the RBTA a lot and the clowns don't seem to mind. It's kinda weird. He hasn't nipped the coral I don't have yet or my lovely clam. The addition of my clowns has really made the angel come out more because he has to compete for food and such.