Coral Vue Hydros

πŸ•˜ Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest πŸ•”

seabass

15 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Then again a 3 gallon pico with a bucket sump of at least 2 gallons.

Sure we often see bucket sumps. πŸ‘

Image result for 5-gallon bucket sump reef
But I imagine that one might even make for a decent display.
Β 
One of those top-down coral viewers could provide distortion free views and pictures.Β  You could even mount one of those viewers in the side with an UNISEAL bulkhead.
Image result for 5 gallon bucket reef
Making a DIY viewer is also a possibility.
Β 
You've probably seen a zero edge aquarium (which would be a great entry in itself).
image.jpeg.3e81a5d7224de2592ecdf8df3354eed0.jpeg

But how about a zero edge 5 gallon bucket?Β  You could make the top of the (probably black) bucket flush with its stand or file cabinet (with something like a 1/4" to 1/2" space between the top and the bucket's edge).Β  A file cabinet reef would certainly be office worthy; and you could hide everything inside the cabinet.

zeroedgebucket.jpg.ce582eb8d9cd73ecadb707ae713b30e2.jpg

Note: A zero edge tank requires no lip.Β  So the bucket's lip would need to be cleanly cut or machined off (not sure if that would affect its integrity or not).

• Like 5

Talking with my son on the phone, telling him about the contest, and how I am thinking of different ways to use what I have to meet the criteria.Β 

His response - screw the contest and set up that beautiful tank you won.Β 

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

screw the contest and set up that beautiful tank you won.Β 

Haha, can't argue with that.

Β 

But maybe setup a 5-gallon frag bucket too? :wink:Β  :lol:

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

But maybe setup a 5-gallon frag bucket too? :wink:

Starting to think you are in the bucket manufacturing business πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
41 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Starting to think you are in the bucket manufacturing business πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

Sales.

Β 

"I can help you find the color you want."

carvana-shop-from-your-sofa-featuring-ro

"Let me talk with my manager."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
M. Tournesol
46 minutes ago, seabass said:

I did read that zero edge aquariums have a big salt creep and evaporation problem ☹️. Not to mention jumping fishesΒ πŸ™„

Edited by M. Tournesol
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, M. Tournesol said:

I did read that zero edge aquarium have a big salt creep and evaporation problem ☹️. Not to mention jumping fishesΒ πŸ™„

Damp cloth to wipe off salt creep, ATO for evaporation. and fishless display.
Image result for office space samir that was easy gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I fell prey to the contest but have already failed at point of entry.Β  I have the perfect spot for an IM Fusion Pro 2 peninsula 14 gallon at the office so that's what I've ordered.Β  Can I pretend I'm cool and tag along in the threads but not be prize eligible?Β  I want to play!!!image.png.d149e4ec47d827fc2f87f54946be59e1.png

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, dmw913 said:

Ok, I fell prey to the contest but have already failed at point of entry.Β  I have the perfect spot for an IM Fusion Pro 2 peninsula 14 gallon at the office so that's what I've ordered.Β  Can I pretend I'm cool and tag along in the threads but not be prize eligible?Β  I want to play!!!image.png.d149e4ec47d827fc2f87f54946be59e1.png

Failure to comply = tank full of GHAΒ 

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, dmw913 said:

Ok, I fell prey to the contest but have already failed at point of entry.Β  I have the perfect spot for an IM Fusion Pro 2 peninsula 14 gallon at the office so that's what I've ordered.Β  Can I pretend I'm cool and tag along in the threads but not be prize eligible?Β  I want to play!!!

Obviously, without a fairly major modification, a 14 gallon tank wouldn't qualify for the contest.Β  And it'd probably get confusing to those following along if you identified your thread as a contest participant.

Β 

However, non-contest threads are posted in the exact same forum as the contest participant threads (so everything is intertwined).Β  If you update your journal frequently, post a bunch of pictures, and ask questions, your thread will stay up top along with the contest participants (and people will likely follow your thread too).Β  It's a good time to start a journal, as the contest should spark activity.

Β 

I'd like to see your office nano journal.Β  And if you really wanted to, you could use [9to5 wannabe] in your journal title.Β  But sadly, I have to kindly ask you not tag your thread as a contest participant.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Murphych said:

I'm a 9to5 wannabe and I have all the correct credentials 😭

Haha... you are exactly that. :wink:Β  :lol:

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Obviously, without a fairly major modification, a 14 gallon tank wouldn't qualify for the contest.Β  And it'd probably get confusing to those following along if you identified your thread as a contest participant.

Β 

However, non-contest threads are posted in the exact same forum as the contest participant threads (so everything is intertwined).Β  If you update your journal frequently, post a bunch of pictures, and ask questions, your thread will stay up top along with the contest participants (and people will likely follow your thread too).Β  It's a good time to start a journal, as the contest should spark activity.

Β 

I'd like to see your office nano journal.Β  And if you really wanted to, you could use [9to5 wannabe] in your journal title.Β  But sadly, I have to kindly ask you not tag your thread as a contest participant.

Darn you and your reasonable request I follow the rules!!! Β Lol! Β I’ll start my thread properly and enjoy the contest as the self-designated cheering section unless the freshwater 8 gallonΒ takes a dive and I convert it!

• Thanks 1

Petco saleΒ appliesΒ to their rimless tanks too.

Β 

This 5.5g is only 15 dollars. The bottom has trim but the top is rimless and the silicone is much cleaner then the standard tanks. They have other sizes too including a 10g if you want to portion off part of it.Β 
Β 

Definitely a much cleaner yet still very much a budget tank at 15 big ones.Β It comes with some clips so you can make or useΒ a lid.Β 

Β 

9933237C-20F3-429C-A462-1A0DB0D5FECC.thumb.jpeg.4c30866453fa9c6ce6908aca85766b7d.jpeg
Β 

79409422-BD22-4425-AA0F-6A3EDC51ACF0.thumb.jpeg.9c2a45ca260462ea786c16931f0d4b76.jpeg

Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, dmw913 said:

unless the freshwater 8 gallonΒ takes a dive and I convert it!

Sorry, thanks!Β  You do have until November 30th to enter.

Β 

OR, you could move the freshwater stuff into your new 14 gallon tank, and enter the 8 gallon tank into the contest.Β  You could always switch them back after the contest is over.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Petco dollar per gallon applies to their rimless tanks too.Β  This 5.5g is only 15 dollars.

Wow!Β  That's good to know.Β  I'm almost tempted to pickup one or two more tanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

Sorry, thanks!Β  You do have until November 30th to enter.

Β 

OR, you could move the freshwater stuff into your new 14 gallon tank, and enter the 8 gallon tank into the contest.Β  You could always switch them back after the contest is over.

OR, I could set up a qualifying QT tank...

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

OR, just sell the freshwater stuff. πŸ€”

Also a valid option but I have grown quite fond of the fish.Β  I have a female betta in there with some friends.Β  They meet me in the mornings when I show up and want their breakfast.Β  πŸ™‚. I thought with how busy work is that freshwater would be easier and better.Β  Sure.Β  Yep.Β  Was right.Β  Took half a minute to set up and now I don't do anything with it other than very, very basic maintenance.Β  BOOOOORING.

• Haha 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic