inTank Media Baskets

Kindanewtothis
31 minutes ago, seabass said:

I imagine that it serves several purposes, including removing excess dead organics in the water and possibly diluting any remaining algaecide.  Without knowing all the details (like how long it stays active, what it breaks down into, side effects, what it affects, etc), I'd stick as close to their treatment protocol as possible.

Ok thanks, I understand that from an English speaking person point of vue, the sentence tells you that you MUST do the water change (and not you MAY do it if needed)

29 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Ok thanks, I understand that from an English speaking person point of vue, the sentence tells you that you MUST do the water change (and not you MAY do it if needed)

As an English speaking person, that does NOT tell me I MUST do a water change at one week. The instructions appear to be poorly translated into English.

Personally I would be looking at large water changes to get that stuff out of my tank.

• Thanks 1
Kindanewtothis

Thanks guys. Will do the water change and hope it doesn't fuel the remaining dinos.

Now I just did the coral swap and for the first time in my life I have a coral that is not attached to a rock or a plug. Can I glue the flesh to a rock? Or do I just place it for it not to fall? Will it attach to a rock by itself?

20210904_105526.jpg

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Can I glue the flesh to a rock? Or do I just place it for it not to fall?

Don't glue the flesh.  You can epoxy (or glue) the skeleton to the rock (rubble, or even a plug).  Sure you can place the skeleton in a crevice; just make sure a crab or turbo snail can't push it over.

Kindanewtothis
14 minutes ago, seabass said:

Don't glue the flesh.  You can epoxy (or glue) the skeleton to the rock (rubble, or even a plug).  Sure you can place the skeleton in a crevice; just make sure a crab or turbo snail can't push it over.

Bad choice of word on my part, I meant the skeleton but that bring the question how do you do with mushrooms ?

3 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

how do you do with mushrooms ?

You can sometimes place a loose mushroom in a depression within a low flow area of the tank.  Some people will place them in a small shallow bowl or PVC ring with crushed coral bits on the bottom, which they can eventually attach to.  If there are any solid grains attached to its foot, you can use some superglue to attach it to something larger.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, seabass said:

Euphyllia corals can usually touch each other.  However, give each ample room to grow.

Aren't torches kinda a**holes though, reaching out and burning everything lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

That thing is huge. About 10 heads not 8.

20210904_132429.jpg

You're clearly the winner in that trade lol. That's a colony, not a frag, worth well over 300$!!! Nicely done haha

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Aren't torches kinda a**holes though

Yeah, they certainly can be.  I'd probably only keep them near other torches (and away from hammers and frogspawn).  Luckily, we aren't dealing with torches here.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
53 minutes ago, seabass said:

Yeah, they certainly can be.  I'd probably only keep them near other torches (and away from hammers and frogspawn).  Luckily, we aren't dealing with torches here.

No but thanks because that's on my list.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Melfy77 said:

You're clearly the winner in that trade lol. That's a colony, not a frag, worth well over 300$!!! Nicely done haha

Thanks to you, I owe you. I had to ask the guy (who had 100s of corals) if he was serious.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Do I need to keep a closer eye on Mg, Ca and Kh now that I have over 15 lps heads?

I'd suggest checking alkalinity once a week (until you know what the result will be before you test it).  Alkalinity is the parameter that will determine if you need to start two-part dosing.  Once you can accurately predict what the value will be, you can start to increase the time between tests.  As Tired suggests, this might even be monthly checks to verify that everything is still on track.

Same with when you start dosing.  You might be checking values daily for awhile.  Then when you can accurately predict the values before testing, you can start to increase the time between tests.  Eventually, this might work itself out to monthly checks again, until you need to adjust your dosing.

• Like 3
Kindanewtothis

Water change (only 25 liters) is done. Tank is clear, sand is white. Everything looks good.

I hope I did not woke the dinos.

I should have my pods today.

Dosing Spongexcel, MicroBacter7 and phyto.

Will do water test once the water have settle and cycle through the pump.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis

Also the big "brocoli" looks good, but it kinda looks more like my frogspawn than my other hammers. Is it just me. 

Last pic is the frogspawn.

20210905_095514.jpg

20210905_095613.jpg

20210905_095731.jpg

• Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)