Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kindanewtothis

The container was cleaner when I use the small fliter that came with the tank. It's phyto debris at the bottom (and pods). Might go back to the filter but I read debris are normal.

20210908_161132.jpg

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

The container was cleaner when I use the small fliter that came with the tank. It's phyto debris at the bottom (and pods). Might go back to the filter but I read debris are normal.

20210908_161132.jpg

yeah thats quite normal for a pod culture

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
35 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Yeah i've added a bag (100ml) to the green water solution, currently waiting for the population to boom 

Cool! What type of pods?

Can you get a pic farther away, so I can see your light setup?

I'd strain and harvest again.  That's good for any remaining cells.  Crashes like this are one reason that I use two bottles (a redundant safeguard, just in case).  But I don't think it's dead.

Not that I'd known what all the different phyto strains would look like, but have you looked at your culture under your microscope?

Kindanewtothis
24 minutes ago, seabass said:

Not that I'd known what all the different phyto strains would look like, but have you looked at your culture under your microscope?

No I did not. I will.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
25 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'd strain and harvest again.  That's good for any remaining cells.  Crashes like this are one reason that I use two bottles (a redundant safeguard, just in case).  But I don't think it's dead

I still have plenny left from last harvest. Would it be better to restart from that?

1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I still have plenty left from last harvest. Would it be better to restart from that?

You could, or you could just add some of it to the current culture, or just let this culture progress.

29 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I could try to use the led lights for FW I used on the 10g for the phyto culture.

IDK, I feel the current light is likely adequate.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, seabass said:

You could, or you could just add some of it to the current culture, or just let this culture progress

I filtered the culture with a brine shrimp net, split it in 2. Added a 250ml bottle of last week harvest and f/2.

I discarded the other half. 

20210909_101142.jpg

• Like 1
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)