Top Shelf Aquatics

Kindanewtothis
7 minutes ago, seabass said:

I would just provide good flow and wait it out.  However, I doubt that a water change would do any harm.

I'll try adding a powerhead that got an air tube on it. It might be too powerful though.

Kindanewtothis
15 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I'll try adding a powerhead that got an air tube on it. It might be too powerful though.

Too powerful, it's moving the sand... I'll wait it out or maybe I'll get one of these batterie pump with an airstone.

4 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Too powerful, it's moving the sand... I'll wait it out or maybe I'll get one of these batterie pump with an airstone.

Maybe just point the old powerhead up some more (so there's more surface agitation). :unsure:

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
19 minutes ago, seabass said:

Maybe just point the old powerhead up some more (so there's more surface agitation). :unsure:

I'll see what I can do, it was destroying the shrimp work. 

20210913_214228.jpg

Kindanewtothis
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

I was actually suggesting you use the original powerhead (pointed up) as opposed to the new one.  However, it's your judgement call.

Oh ok, I did not understand. The "old" powerhead for me was the one I added.

I'll point the small sicce up.

Thanks

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis

The good thing about the bacterial bloom in the 10g is that I have white sand without any dinos that I can see.

Still cyano (less than it used to) in the 50g but right now, except from some removal with the turkey baster (new one, things don't get out), i keep my hand out of the tank. CUC is doing an amazing job.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Also there is a pods bloom in the 10g. Could there be any link with the bacterial bloom?

It's possible; some pods are thought to scavenge bacteria from detritus and algae.  I suspect it's more than just a coincidence.  Although I've never heard of anybody culturing pods with just bacteria.

Kindanewtothis
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

It's possible; some pods are thought to scavenge bacteria from detritus and algae.  I suspect it's more than just a coincidence.  Although I've never heard of anybody culturing pods with just bacteria.

I see at least a 100 of them so there must be much more. I dosed a little bit more phyto last night and will do the same for a while.

Kindanewtothis

Moved the frogspawn colony next to the other frogspawn. It's not a hammer colony. Needed the place for future hammers and they were almost touching (my frogspawn and the hammers)

Picture of my foot included!

20210917_075648.jpg

• Haha 3
Kindanewtothis
30 minutes ago, Tired said:

No. It's possible there are bits of flesh left that could grow back. You can move it off the rockwork, but keep it right-side-up, and leave it in the tank. 

Ok, not moving it at all then.

I've never had a euphyllia recover from bits of flesh or polyp bail out.

Any other coral like brains, blasto, trumpets, chalice, plates i have seen recover from the smallest amount of flesh but euphyllia, skeleton just became an algae magnet. 

• Like 3
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)