Innovative Marine Aquariums

filefishfinatic

cancel those corals and get 25 lb of live rock specials free shipping. you will find cooler inverts on them. you just have to drive to the airport to get them because they dont ship to your door i think

Kindanewtothis
4 minutes ago, filefishfinatic said:

why did you pay 150$ for 3 tiny corals? i could have gotten 21 fist sized parazoanthus colonies for that.

We don't all have access to the same suppliers. I only have one decent lfs in my hometown and this way I saved on shipping.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
4 minutes ago, filefishfinatic said:

oh wait you live in canada so you cant get salty bottom 

Worst, I live in the province of Quebec...

• Haha 3
Kindanewtothis
53 minutes ago, filefishfinatic said:

cancel those corals and get 25 lb of live rock specials free shipping. you will find cooler inverts on them. you just have to drive to the airport to get them because they dont ship to your door i think

Could you elaborate, how does adding new rocks to an existing tank full of dinos would help?

If you started with proper live rock, you've already got some critters, and they just need time to multiply. Though a fresh piece of ocean rock could potentially be good, since your live rock is old and the ocean stuff might have died off already. 

As for the price of the corals, hammers ain't parazoanthus. That's like saying "why did you buy that flame angel for so much money, you could get a ton of guppies at that price". Sometimes you want a cheap coral, sometimes you want a fancy expensive coral. 

• Like 5
Kindanewtothis

Let's hope my flame angel doesn't nip the new hammers when I'll put them in the 50g. IDK, they might stay in the 10g now that I ordered a new lamp.

1 hour ago, filefishfinatic said:

why did you pay 150$ for 3 tiny corals? i could have gotten 21 fist sized parazoanthus colonies for that.

Don't know where you live but coral prices vary significantly by locale. That price is not out of line for Canada.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
Kindanewtothis
1 minute ago, PeterU said:

Don't know where you live but coral prices vary significantly by locale. That price is not out of line for Canada.

I would have paid 80$-90$ for each of the frags at my lfs so 50$ each seemed pretty good to me. Also it's kind of a vacation souvenir.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Kindanewtothis
2 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

look at where I live 🙃

How am I suppose to see that?

Ok I saw, France. Nice country, went twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Kindanewtothis
2 minutes ago, PeterU said:

His badge on the left says France where yours shows Quebec, Canada

I'm on my phone (gf is driving), only saw the badge once I turned my phone. Thanks !

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

@Clown79 thanks for the recommandation regarding Candy Corals.

You're welcome. 

They usually have amazing stuff and when they have online sales, if you like something, get it because they sell out quick.

Check out Royal City Reefs on FB and instagram. Mike is the owner. Great guy with great corals. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, PeterU said:

Definitely.

Here is Canada certain corals are ridiculous in price. Hammers, torches, and frogspawn have been at least $75+ a head for 2 yrs now.  The prettier the coral the more expensive

1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

@Clown79 thanks for the recommandation regarding Candy Corals.

I ordered online from Candy Coral only because they had a captive bred clown goby I wanted that I couldn't get locally. Topped the order up with some Zoas.

Excellent service with overnight delivery by FedEx.

I still prefer to buy locally to support my LSF and his prices are on par with Candy Coral

4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Definitely.

Here is Canada certain corals are ridiculous in price. Hammers, torches, and frogspawn have been at least $75+ a head for 2 yrs now.  The prettier the coral the more expensive

They are $50 and up here (with most higher)

3 hours ago, PeterU said:

They are $50 and up (with most higher)

I've managed to kill every single euphyllia I've bought in the past so I dont even bother looking at those...I resent them😂 and I'm in Canada as well (Quebec province too)

Kindanewtothis
3 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

I've managed to kill every single euphyllia I've bought in the past so I dont even bother looking at those...I resent them😂 and I'm in Canada as well (Quebec province too)

My frogspawn is growing so I hope these will do the same.

Where in Quebec ?

55 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

My frogspawn is growing so I hope these will do the same.

Where in Quebec ?

Montreal! Raging reef is a 15 minute walk from my place haha. 

• Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)