Pod Your Reef

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

naothan

4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Personally I would plug the gaps in the bottom of that chamber, have a media rack in the second with the floss, or even the first and use 2nd as fuge? 

Fuge light lol

Untitled.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Sorry I missed this, how's the fishy seem after a few days?

i dont see the white spots little to no fighting 1ce after a feeding everything seems well dont see the spots over the fins and couler is improving

IMG_7459.JPG

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Nearly. 

Imagine the foam is now plastic, put the filter floss on one of the shelves below the level that the water enters the chamber

lol u dont know me very well  ..... Imagine the foam is now plastic bahah

ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, naothan said:

i find there is not alot of movement like filtration power how would i use the filter floss just gob it down there ?Flex-Filter-Product-Diagram-1.png

That’s the same back chamber as the Fluval Evo XII. I got an InTank media insert for chamber 1 which allows filter floss at the top. The intank one comes with a plug for the lower slots so that flow is directed over the top weir and down thru the chambers. And yes I hang a bag of carbon and Phosguard in their under the filter floss. Works perfectly. I haven’t been able to make a refugium out of the second chamber but it can be done. 

ECLS Reefer
28 minutes ago, naothan said:

thanks mate im sure this mod will soar me to the top of the leaderboards  lol 

They work super well. They make an insert for chamber 2 as well. 

4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

They work super well. They make an insert for chamber 2 as well. 

cost me as much in shipping as the basket 

ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, naothan said:

cost me as much in shipping as the basket 

evidently you can make them too, but they also sell them on amazon besides bulk reef supply or marine depot or their own website

On 4/15/2020 at 9:30 PM, naothan said:

i see a few little white dots now im freaking.  am i doomed?

If it is Ich, it's normal for them to drop off.  It's a stage in their reproduction.  You can expect it to come back even more.  Keep an eye on them.

It's essentially not possible to treat Ich in a reef tank.  If it's Ich, you'll need a hospital tank, and will also need to keep your reef fallow for several weeks.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, seabass said:

If it is Ich, it's normal for them to drop off.  It's a stage in their reproduction.  You can expect it to come back even more.  Keep an eye on them.

It's essentially not possible to treat Ich in a reef tank.  If it's Ich, you'll need a hospital tank, and will also need to keep your reef fallow for several weeks.

will do thanks very much 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, naothan said:

could this be the cyano i read of ? 

IMG_7535.JPG

Could be... I’d just squirt it off with a turkey baster 

• Like 1