Top Shelf Aquatics

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

naothan

NaturallyKait

How is fragbox shipping during all of this, to airports or courier? When I set my new tank up I need snails but my LFS is out and can’t get more until after stuff settles down so I’ve been considering fragbox myself. 

5 hours ago, NaturallyKait said:

How is fragbox shipping during all of this, to airports or courier? When I set my new tank up I need snails but my LFS is out and can’t get more until after stuff settles down so I’ve been considering fragbox myself. 

i will let you know kait 

as soon as its here and i unload it 

Can you take a pic of ammonia results in natural light with the tube against the white.

That's the only way to determine the proper colour.

The nutrafin stuff is junk. It really isn't recommended.

Get biospira or MB7

Aquarium depot.ca

reefsupplies.ca

Petsandponds.com

4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Can you take a pic of ammonia results in natural light with the tube against the white.

Get biospira or MB7

Aquarium depot.ca

reefsupplies.ca

Petsandponds.com

thanks clown for the help ill do a new one after i feed my kid lol 

• Like 1

Get biospira or MB7

Aquarium depot.ca

reefsupplies.ca

Petsandponds.com

i will be taking 1 more test   

IMG_7231.JPG

5 hours ago, naothan said:

thanks clown for the help ill do a new one after i feed my kid lol 

this test is one with my rodi water  and tank water all testing equipment was steril and precise  do i have to worry about my fish ?

IMG_7233.JPG

ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, naothan said:

this test is one with my rodi water  and tank water all testing equipment was steril and precise  do i have to worry about my fish ?

IMG_7233.JPG

That’s a good comparison. I’d order the MB7 or biospora off amazon and keep doing frequent water changes until it gets here. Cycling can get drawn out sometimes. You can always do small water changes every day, too, just until the bacteria gets there. 

• Thanks 1

If you're worried about the fish, I'd use Seachem Prime. It won't effect the cycle but will detoxify it.

I'd also get a seachem ammonia badge

• Like 1

If you're worried about the fish, I'd use Seachem Prime. It won't effect the cycle but will detoxify it.

I'd also get a seachem ammonia badge

api ammo lock ??    i only have one lfs i can get to in the short term just did a water change 

ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, naothan said:

api ammo lock ??    i only have one lfs i can get to in the short term just did a water change 

Nooooooo I used that and I got high ammonia readings for weeks! Don’t do it! Just change the water and get some prime and one of the bacterial supplements on order. Seriously the water changes are better than ammonia lock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I've never used ammo lock.

Everyone recommends Seachem Prime which is sold at all the online stores.

speical thanks for you and dirte for all the help last cpl days  ... problem is shipping is 2 weeks witch i have allrdy ordered frits  its on the way or ,they want 30$ shipping to get it here in 2 days ima 25% water change often 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, naothan said:

speical thanks for you and dirte for all the help last cpl days  ... problem is shipping is 2 weeks witch i have allrdy ordered frits  its on the way or ,they want 30$ shipping to get it here in 2 days ima 25% water change often 

omg i found a site with free shipping over 35 $  sigh 

• Like 2

so got my frag order, Fragbox was exceptional.  fed x was awful! 68 hours to there door, to my door. its a 18 hour drive by car ...  . priority overnight ..sad at the warehouse 1 hour 30 min away from me for 2 days ish  

fragbox said they will replace any that dont make it! i have to pay for shipping tho because its not there fault. so i will try to get it sent to the fed x. 30 min away from me instead of my door and pick the next one up from there IMG_7239.thumb.JPG.4a3b65eb035509cba46159675f629b45.JPGIMG_7251.thumb.JPG.48f17a054a1142800926ee3166154cfb.JPGIMG_7250.thumb.JPG.fe605584b25459cb9e72a67412d9cb1b.JPG

IMG_7241.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

• Like 2
On 4/7/2020 at 6:41 AM, NaturallyKait said:

showed up 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Good morning. I like the coral placement.

lol i have no idea what im doing this is my first aquarium and all i have had were zoaz and a mushroom before this 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
13 minutes ago, naothan said:

got a fish today shipped seems happy but so pale compaired to my other clown and i see a few little white dots now im freaking.  am i doomed?IMG_7318.thumb.JPG.3d4750ff0f45708f73346138fb745b5d.JPG

IMG_7320.JPG

IMG_7317.JPG

IMG_7312.JPG

Oh you’re gonna want to consult the big guns again. I’m a bad influence about not QTing fish and relying on a healthy tank system to keep the uglies away. And I’ve gotten to where I’ll use Kick Ick to treat in tank, which some people feel is snake oil. Hopefully the little guy will be okay. 

4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh you’re gonna want to consult the big guns again. I’m a bad influence about not QTing fish and relying on a healthy tank system to keep the uglies away. And I’ve gotten to where I’ll use Kick Ick to treat in tank, which some people feel is snake oil. Hopefully the little guy will be okay. 

@Kimberlee @Clown79 @debbeach13  "sadface" 

NaturallyKait

I’m no expert in fish disease and have no experience so I won’t weigh in on specifics, but OP as a heads up most medications for fish aren’t allowed to be sold here in Canada anymore so that is a big concern. Most people on the forums are American and have access to medications easily so keep that in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

lock the new fish in small confiment with my cleaner shrimp ? lol 

• Like 1