inTank Media Baskets

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

naothan

this has gone full circle lol im still at the point   what should i do 

4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

IMO either egg bound, constipated or parasites. That's a very well rounded belly which would suggest it's been eating very well, or blocked

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I wouldn't fresh water dip. He looks ok so why add stress.

did you watch the clip every thing i have read and watched says that is fast breathing ...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, naothan said:

this has gone full circle lol im still at the point   what should i do 

Personally what you're doing now. Watching very closely for any signs of improvement or decline. It's not a skinny fish so I would have no immediate worry

• Like 2

I didn't see your reaction to the idea of trying a different food item.  Something live or frozen would be great.  

I wouldn't do anything (yet) except trying a better food offering.  Pellets can be fine, but frozen or live is going to be better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, kimberbee said:

You posted the video 4 days ago. Has the breathing changed at all at anytime since then? Slower or faster?

6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry I just think the extra stress of catching the fish and dipping it is a bad idea. It is your fish and you should do what ever you think is best. 

6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry I just think the extra stress of catching the fish and dipping it is a bad idea. It is your fish and you should do what ever you think is best. 

4 hours ago, mcarroll said:

I didn't see your reaction to the idea of trying a different food item.  Something live or frozen would be great.  

I wouldn't do anything (yet) except trying a better food offering.  Pellets can be fine, but frozen or live is going to be better.

5 hours ago, banasophia said:

maybe post another video?

ill take another video it takes long ass time to upload with 0.5mbps upload speed so dunno when it will be on  breathing hasent changed  ill look into food i cant get saltwater fish food fast  1 hour 20 min drive 1 way or orderit online  thanks everone for helping out 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, naothan said:

ill take another video it takes long ass time to upload with 0.5mbps upload speed so dunno when it will be on  breathing hasent changed  ill look into food i cant get saltwater fish food fast  1 hour 20 min drive 1 way or orderit online  thanks everone for helping out 

The breathing was fast, but if it hasn't changed in 4 days, maybe he's just a fast breather...? Does it seem more lethargic? Has there been any change at all? Seems odd... if nothing has changed in 4...5 days, then you might just have a weird fish...

Have you seen how it's poop looks? 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, naothan said:

1 hour 20 min drive 1 way

Use a cooler with at least 1 cold pack for the transport if you decide to take the trip.  

Get at least a months' worth (don't go crazy tho....freezer burn will eventually kick in) to maximize your gas cost.

And keep all the extras in a paper bag or sealed freezer bag in the back (coldest part) of your freezer.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

The breathing was fast, but if it hasn't changed in 4 days, maybe he's just a fast breather...? Does it seem more lethargic? Has there been any change at all? Seems odd... if nothing has changed in 4...5 days, then you might just have a weird fish...

he/she used to swim around the tank now sits behind the rock scape in 1 spot unless i approch the tank  i will get a good video for you all it will be my april update we will call it thanks agin check in tommarow  im assumong it will take hours to upload  im gonna go play games to get my mind off it for a bit its all i have been thinking about  lol 

• Like 2
On 4/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, kimberbee said:

On 4/29/2020 at 6:08 PM, naothan said:

he/she used to swim around the tank now sits behind the rock scape in 1 spot unless i approch the tank  i will get a good video for you all it will be my april update we will call it thanks agin check in tommarow  im assumong it will take hours to upload  im gonna go play games to get my mind off it for a bit its all i have been thinking about  lol 

he/she used to swim around the tank now sits behind the rock scape in 1 spot unless i approch the tank  i will get a good video for you all it will be my april update we will call it thanks agin check in tommarow  im assumong it will take hours to upload  im gonna go play games to get my mind off it for a bit its all i have been thinking about  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, naothan said:

he/she used to swim around the tank now sits behind the rock scape in 1 spot unless i approch the tank  i will get a good video for you all it will be my april update we will call it thanks agin check in tommarow  im assumong it will take hours to upload  im gonna go play games to get my mind off it for a bit its all i have been thinking about  

the fish is the same. cant get  a video up of any length, internet just dot got it in her ...  feeding time today ate nothing .. gonna pick up some fresh scallops tommarow or somthing to try ... dont really know what to do 

• Like 1

@Humblefish, any idea about a clownfish acquired a couple of weeks ago with an apparent bloated belly, lack of appetite, and relativity rapid breathing?  Should naothan be treating for internal parasites?

Humblefish
27 minutes ago, seabass said:

@Humblefish, any idea about a clownfish acquired a couple of weeks ago with an apparent bloated belly, lack of appetite, and relativity rapid breathing?  Should naothan be treating for internal parasites?

Could be constipation, edema, an internal infection, gas bubble in the swim bladder or even a growth of some kind. Have you seen any stringy white poo? Post a pic if you can.

Is he eating at all? If so, trying feeding peeled boiled green peas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Humblefish said:

Could be constipation, edema, an internal infection, gas bubble in the swim bladder or even a growth of some kind. Have you seen any stringy white poo? Post a pic if you can.

Is he eating at all? If so, trying feeding peeled boiled green peas.

havent seen any poo i watch alot too ..  i dont think his belly seems to big but he used to love his pellets now he swims toward them and then turns around, sometimes spits them out  the lights are off ,humbelfish ill take a perfect pic tommarow! for you thanks so much. here is a pic when "he/she was normal"

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

• Like 1
banasophia

Still looks normal to me... and particularly beautiful... clownfish do weird stuff including just hanging out in one spot “hosting” in that part of the tank, and mine do that thing with their breathing sometimes but they seem fine... I may be a bad fish mom... my clowns in one tank lay on the sand all the time until I come up to the tank and get their attention then they swim around all happy... I’d just try different food

Edit: Okay, just read more closely and saw that is not a current pic, so disregard... sorry 

• Like 1
banasophia

If you can’t upload a video, you can find a reefer friend on IG and video chat and show them your tank to have them check it out... I’d offer to help but obviously I really don’t know anything about fish disease to be able to advise 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Humblefish said:

@naothan In the first pic, there's "something" by the gills. Or is that just a trick of the camera?

trick of the camera he is sleeping in a cave at the bottom now wherehe never has ugh 

• Like 1