Top Shelf Aquatics

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

naothan

ECLS Reefer
32 minutes ago, naothan said:

lock the new fish in small confiment with my cleaner shrimp ? lol 

I have heard it works for some but not usually. 

It may be ich, it may not.

The fish is most likely pale from stress from shipping and being in a new home.

I qt my fish now for 4 week observation because I got velvet once and lost my fish from it. 

In Cda the only way to get meds is with prescription from vet. Some stores may have copper and other available treatments

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, it’s already in the tank so if it was me I would just see how it looks tomorrow. 

On 4/13/2020 at 5:02 AM, naothan said:

IMG_7294.jpg

great photo! 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • hows it looking ?
  • how long dose green stage last lol
  • im having problems all wase re arranging my scape
  • how do you know when clowns are paired ? they seem to get along right off the bat 
  • ideas of what you would do to my tank for changes 
  • thanks  nathan 
  •  

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

• Like 2
mitten_reef
47 minutes ago, naothan said:

as stated above  the big clown kinda chases him a lil feeding time

Chasing at meals = should be ok for now, as one is trying to establish dominance and become female (bigger). 
Chasing all day long = not ok, likely mean they’re not compatible for one reason or another. 

For the most part, my pair stay within 5-6” of each other, sharing the same sleeping spots, doing their little dance, etc. 

get a coral clipper and clip off the stems of the plugs. Better yet some corals can be popped off the plug completely and mount directly to your scape.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, naothan said:
  • hows it looking ?
  • how long dose green stage last lol
  • im having problems all wase re arranging my scape
  • how do you know when clowns are paired ? they seem to get along right off the bat 
  • ideas of what you would do to my tank for changes 
  • thanks  nathan 
  •  

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

Great macro shots of your corals. I really like all your coral choices and agree with the suggestion to pop the corals off the frag plugs to give a more natural look to your reef. 

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Great macro shots of your corals. I really like all your coral choices and agree with the suggestion to pop the corals off the frag plugs to give a more natural look to your reef. 

i did pop them off put them in final resting place .. i think  going to clean glass today, water change, and upload some updated pictures later tonight. my small fish also seems to be getting some couler and i am  not noticing white spots anymore. as far as i can tell so dunno what was up with that. maco shots.... i wish i had a macro lens for my camera sooo expensive 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, naothan said:

i did pop them off put them in final resting place .. i think  going to clean glass today, water change, and upload some updated pictures later tonight. my small fish also seems to be getting some couler and i am  not noticing white spots anymore. as far as i can tell so dunno what was up with that. maco shots.... i wish i had a macro lens for my camera sooo expensive 

Well whatever you did with those close ups looks great - keep em coming!

You can also post pics in the gallery and start a reefing Instagram account if you want to get more into the photography aspect. If you do an IG account you can also link it in your signature (like I do)... I recommend using the same name to make it easy for people to know it’s you across different sites. I changed all mine to match.. my Facebook reefing account, too. 

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Well whatever you did with those close ups looks great - keep em coming!

You can also post pics in the gallery and start a reefing Instagram account if you want to get more into the photography aspect. If you do an IG account you can also link it in your signature (like I do)... I recommend using the same name to make it easy for people to know it’s you across different sites. I changed all mine to match.. my Facebook reefing account, too. 

any advantages to Instagram ? i dont have it and i am not a computer wizard, just getting this forum figured out ... lol 

• Like 1
  • some photos shot today  
  • little one seems to look a lot better. maybe jumped the gun  on the white spots 
  • put coral in place cut knobs off  who said three is a crowed?IMG_7400.thumb.jpg.e7035d4bb14f475cd0929ab9991029d1.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_7448.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, naothan said:

IMG_7487.thumb.jpg.67152cdadc7b8f68c4e30fa0135b63cc.jpg                                 looks good .... is that is that   corline baskin ? 3rd pick IMG_7497.thumb.jpg.3a2c6631f3da6d32ff778d40a2272dc3.jpgIMG_7500.thumb.jpg.fc8d575a66c1b87a9f2f071b9a90e9cc.jpgIMG_7507.thumb.jpg.fa0d0c2a381a2bc6c794d437561371b1.jpg

Is it Carole Baskin??? 

Um no.... nothing in your pictures quite compare 

990A7CF0-4289-4E2F-9C7C-BD11EA6E7291.thumb.png.087f440e6dc04960cfa003b43081cf1a.png

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Is it Carole Baskin??? 

Um no.... nothing in your pictures quite compare 

990A7CF0-4289-4E2F-9C7C-BD11EA6E7291.thumb.png.087f440e6dc04960cfa003b43081cf1a.png

i meant corline algie  lol as a joke  is it / lol 

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
15 minutes ago, naothan said:

i meant corline algie  lol as a joke  is it / lol 

I would venture to say since that microscopic picture turned out to be purple.... yes. How did you GET that picture?

I would venture to say since that microscopic picture turned out to be purple.... yes. How did you GET that picture?

• IMG_7510.thumb.JPG.3a38ee929655eefc0ff53470182a1eed.JPGIMG_7509.thumb.JPG.ac73bceed0d67a491a1e9ec90d057280.JPG

my sons 10$ microscope my camera and steady steady hands 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Obviously you’re okay after the big shooting today since you’re posting here... 🙌🏼🙌🏼

yeah 1 hour 30 min away from where i live but such a tragedy its somber a crossed the province  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Chadicus Meridius
23 minutes ago, naothan said:

yeah 1 hour 30 min away from where i live but such a tragedy its somber a crossed the province  

Glad to hear your okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would like some opinion from my fellow reefers 

i am looking to upgrade something but dont know what ?!

my setup is a fluval flex 15 gal, stock light+40$ 1400k white blue light from amazon.

stock filter, stock pump, 1 power head jpv110 i think

skimmer??... for such a small tank? , ato???  better filter other than stock foam thing and the bio rings ?  ai prime 16hd ? better testing equipment other than my api ?? buget 300$ 

let me know what you think im looking for some help   Thanks nathan 

ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, naothan said:

my setup is a fluval flex 15 gal, stock light+40$ 1400k white blue light from amazon.

skimmer??... for such a small tank? , ato???  better filter other than stock foam thing and the bio rings ?  ai prime 16hd ? better testing equipment other than my api ?? buget 300$ 

I hated the Fluval skimmer and while I have it in storage I dont use it. I dont use the foam thing either-much easier to use filter floss and chunk it weekly. I'd say a light or better chemistry sets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hated the Fluval skimmer and while I have it in storage I dont use it. I dont use the foam thing either-much easier to use filter floss and chunk it weekly. I'd say a light or better chemistry sets. 

i find there is not alot of movement like filtration power how would i use the filter floss just gob it down there ?Flex-Filter-Product-Diagram-1.png

17 minutes ago, naothan said:

8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Agree dump the foam thing, make a diy media rack (or buy) and put media in that. 

Test kits always useful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, naothan said:

i find there is not alot of movement like filtration power how would i use the filter floss just gob it down there ?Flex-Filter-Product-Diagram-1.png

Personally I would plug the gaps in the bottom of that chamber, have a media rack in the second with the floss, or even the first and use 2nd as fuge? 

Fuge light lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1