Jump to content
naothan

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

Recommended Posts

naothan

spacer.png

 

The beast is a freshwater flex 15 gal. 

The plan ! Top Secret

15lbs hawian black sand 

13lbs dry rock 

first time having any aquarium let alone saltwater 

150 w heater because im a noob and diddnt know better 

jpv 110 water pusher thingy majiggy

home built stand red green style 

stock as of now  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

@kimberbee will visit you shortly 

 

 

 

Welcome to the contest ! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
21 minutes ago, naothan said:

spacer.pngthe beast is a freshwater flex 15 gal. 

The plan ! Top Secret

15lbs hawian black sand 

13lbs dry rock 

first time having any aquarium let alone saltwater 

150 w heater because im a noob and diddnt know better 

jpv 110 water pusher thingy majiggy

home built stand red green style 

stock as of now  

:welcome:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00

Shes here :ninja:

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png.72a97ceba89f7b9dd8209ff6b5adddef.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
5 minutes ago, naothan said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png.72a97ceba89f7b9dd8209ff6b5adddef.png

Mine is still at the bottom of the bookshelf so you are at least beating me.  :lol:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
6 minutes ago, naothan said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png.72a97ceba89f7b9dd8209ff6b5adddef.png

Looks good. What are the stocking plans? 

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Looks good. What are the stocking plans? 

stocking plans?! lol 

im not sure im new to this   umm some snails  hermit crab  was thinking of a pistol shrimp/watchmen goby ?

2 clows   dunno if thats too much   

and then the top secret corals 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
17 minutes ago, naothan said:

stocking plans?! lol 

im not sure im new to this   umm some snails  hermit crab  was thinking of a pistol shrimp/watchmen goby ?

2 clows   dunno if thats too much   

and then the top secret corals 

That actually sounds pretty good, the CuC (snails, hermits etc) add a few after you have manually removed the algae and watch and wait and see if you need to add more. 

 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

Shes here :ninja:

 

Gotta watch out for the challenge popo @kimberbee

 

image.gif.ae797b306b3a4e7002d7ccdbe4dcd16b.gif
 

 

Welcome to NR!!

  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan

here is some recent as of today pics  

tell me what you think 

i had 4 rocks to do my scape.  pretty tough. as i got what i got in the mail 

everyone has already established tanks, coral, fish, and i be growing algie for the first time ahahah \

hope this scares everyone into submission  lol 

IMG_6847.JPG

IMG_6863.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Looks like Diatoms to me, blow that off the rock and start looking at adding a couple of clean up crew members. See if you can get a Cerith Snail and possibly a Banded Trocus 

 

 

Oh yeah and please put "365 Day Challenge" in the tags section so we can find it easily in searches 😄

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
3 minutes ago, naothan said:

Have a look into Reefcleaners. Seems to be really popular in the USA for clean up crews. 

Honestly i am very jealous of this website 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan

im from canada nova scotia lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
1 minute ago, naothan said:

im from canada nova scotia lol 

Sorry saw the Dollar sign and assumed USA!

 

@Clown79 and @NaturallyKait are Canadian, might be able to help you out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Sorry saw the Dollar sign and assumed USA!

 

@Clown79 and @NaturallyKait are Canadian, might be able to help you out

Hi @naothan

 

For ordering dry goods I use reefsupplies.ca, aquariumdepot.ca, or petsandponds.

 

Aquarium depot.ca sells livestock and dry goods.

 

Online ordering for cuc is more limited and macro even worse. 

 

Canadacorals was good for cuc but they are now in BC, so shipping costs and shipping time may get costly.

 

In Ontario- closer to the east coast, here are some online vendors.

 

https://sustainablemarinecanada.ca/

 

Fragbox.ca

 

http://www.coralreefshop.com/

These guys don't do online shopping but are really great to deal with and apparently can set up shipping items, they are also on FB.

 

https://candycorals.ca/

 

Jardins de mer- on FB, they are really great to deal with.

 

 

I know you are down East but there is a group on FB that can be really helpful with locating livestock and vendors in CA.

Ontario reef keepers

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
NaturallyKait

1 fish 2 fish in Dartmouth will usually ship things on the bus if you want. I’ve bought livestock there before (and usually the livestock at my LFS here in PEI comes from there because they used to be owned by the same guy) and everything has been healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, NaturallyKait said:

1 fish 2 fish in Dartmouth will usually ship things on the bus if you want. I’ve bought livestock there before (and usually the livestock at my LFS here in PEI comes from there because they used to be owned by the same guy) and everything has been healthy. 

well thats good 

my friend that has saltwater goes to afk reef and prefers it because the owner  brenda  "cares so much about her fish and coral and super helpful "  she also will ship on the bus but it stops 30 min away from me .. ahah  ill figure it out no worries ! glad that i have someone kinda close on here tho 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hingle
2 hours ago, naothan said:

well thats good 

my friend that has saltwater goes to afk reef and prefers it because the owner  brenda  "cares so much about her fish and coral and super helpful "  she also will ship on the bus but it stops 30 min away from me .. ahah  ill figure it out no worries ! glad that i have someone kinda close on here tho 

 

There is also a new shop here is Halifax called Living Reef that deals only in Saltwater. They are still in the process of getting the website up and running but you can check out there stock on the local Atlantic region forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan

cuc ordered /check 

wiring fixed up /check

homemade stand that is questionable /check

extra tank for quarantine or extra snails or to neglect /check

full monty.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

That flex tank scares me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

That flex tank scares me

do tell ? 

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

The bow on the front panel

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

The bow on the front panel

 

id be more scared of what its sitting on lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...