SaltCritters.com

365 day challenge code name (area 51)

naothan

2 hours ago, naothan said:

"Sourced your qualifying 20 gallon or smaller all-in-one reef tank and equipment."

dose that mean i cant get a new light ect later on ? 

I believe the rules suggest that you should at least have your equipment ordered.  However, I believe that your empty tank with condiment entry pic will qualify you for the contest.  I might try and clarify this for you in the contest announcement thread.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, seabass said:

I believe the rules suggest that you should at least have your equipment ordered.  However, I believe that your empty tank with condiment entry pic will qualify you for the contest.  I might try and clarify this for you in the contest announcement thread.

ok because that would suck getting dqed  for getting a light i cant afford  at this time  it is a year long contest thats a long time no upgrades .. 

• Haha 1

I asked that question for you in the main thread:

10 minutes ago, seabass said:

I've noticed a couple of questions in a few of the threads that CM may need to weigh in on.  I understand that we must have our tanks by the 29th in order to take our condiment entry photo.  However:

• Must all major non-tank equipment (lights, pumps, etc) be ordered prior to the 29th; and if so, must it be delivered by then?
  • Can we change non-tank equipment (lights, heater, etc, as long as it still meets the contest restrictions) throughout the year long contest?
  • Can we add equipment, like a qualifying wavemaker, IceProbe, etc, during the contest?
  • Like 3

Hey, @naothan!! 

Did I miss it, or did you not post your entry in the main thread?

Please be sure to do that, or correct me if I'm wrong!! 

Glad to have you along! There's tons of people on the forum that will help you with anything you have questions on! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Hey, @naothan!! 

Did I miss it, or did you not post your entry in the main thread?

Please be sure to do that, or correct me if I'm wrong!! 

Glad to have you along! There's tons of people on the forum that will help you with anything you have questions on! 

i put a hashtag... im new to forms and technically challenged in that way ......  should i just make a new topic in there  

1 hour ago, naothan said:

i put a hashtag... im new to forms and technically challenged in that way ......  should i just make a new topic in there  

All you have to do is post a link to this thread in the contest announcement thread (below)! That way, anyone following along in there knows you entered the contest. Just message me if you need further help!!

• Like 2
Just now, naothan said:

update ! mushroom dont like its new home?

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6884.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

How long has it been like that? Because I’d say it looks fine... give it a little time.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

How long has it been like that? Because I’d say it looks fine... give it a little time.

its been there for a day im a complete noob ....  umm i just thought because yesterday it was completley spread out 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, naothan said:

its been there for a day im a complete noob ....  umm i just thought because yesterday it was completley spread out 

It’s still acclimating to your tank. I have shrooms in my little tank too and they just need a little time to get happy and stretch out. It’ll come around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, naothan said:

id be more scared of what its sitting on lol 

then get some metal L brackets and brace it on all 4 legs hell go all out and add 8 -2 on each side of the legs. 

I build a 2x4 stand for a rimless 12mm think glass 90 cube heavy tank - but messed up on and could not fit the 2nd set of legs so I added some L brackets and all was good

to be on the safe side I would remove the tank tho. before  drilling. empty it in a few bucket before lifting  so else it could break.

I am excited for you to enter the would of SW its fun and a pain sometimes too, haha but we all love it.

7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

would you be able to get me the measurements of the Fluvals strip light at all?

12 1/2 " long 

1' wide 

3/4 " deep 

• 7,500°K LED lamp supports plant growth and enhances fish colors
  • 10.8W, 2,450 LUX
  • Thanks 1

Nice pics!  I like the narrow field of view on the mushroom photo; but sometimes it's easier to get sharp pics by adjusting the aperture.  Likewise, for moving subjects like your shrimp, a faster shutter speed will help eliminate motion blur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, seabass said:

Nice pics!  I like the narrow field of view on the mushroom photo; but sometimes it's easier to get sharp pics by adjusting the aperture.  Likewise, for moving subjects like your shrimp, a faster shutter speed will help eliminate motion blur.

i know nothing about cameras .. i have a rebel t3 eos  with stock lens 15-55 mm i think 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

I don't know what this months contest is, but keep an eye out for photo of the month contests. Jeez talent out the ousaioux 

That is remarkably clear! Good gracious!

• Like 1

so everything is going fine .!   iv had my cuc in for a bit now and everything is cleaned off like rock looks like new! will they starve ???  i have 1 cleaner shrimp in there i drop 5 pettets in in the am and 5 in the pm is that enougfh  sometimes i see him grab it and eat it ..  now what ? there is barley any algie on glass  is this it am i done ?? lol  did i win ? ahaha 

• Like 1