Innovative Marine Aquariums

Good news. Pele is Alive and well hiding amongst the rocks. Cujo let himself in the rear chambers again 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Ratvan man, I literally feel so bad for you, I’m so sorry. You have the worst possible luck. You just can’t catch a break man☹️😔

If anything, this shows me that I need to invest more in backup power, now to figure out how to connect the PV to my tank......

Still slimy so maybe, just maybe they might come back (doubt it though)

6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

On the other hand tho, I just love your aquascape, it’s beautiful 

Yeah the new look is rather good. The Clowns love the new archway hanging out in the little cover and the wrasses are racing through and around the rocks and dead SPS corals

Leopard wrasse is going mental on the Pocilophora so must be a lot of Pods on that

We have power, tank is currently 62F so not had power for long

IMG_20200225_083628_resized_20200225_083707754.thumb.jpg.1241fcb9b7b8363b2adb7da52adcebd8.jpg

Going to do another water change today, have a feeling that my Nitrates are high. Only have test strips in the office but will try and confirm 

Actually have more Clean up Crew than I thought, seeing lots of Nassarius this morning, maybe look at giving an Urchin another chance further down the line 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Tempestas said:

Hey buddy! Sorry to hear about what happened to your tank over the weekend. That really sucks!

I'm just glad the fish are alive and safe.

Thanks, first 25L water change completed. Nitrates dropped to 160

Another three or four to do 

• Like 1

Ok one final change got me to my usual reading of 40PPM, LFS lady laughed her head off when she saw me again for the 3rd time!

Think I found where the nitrates had been stored, lovely little deadspot behind the rocks with so much detritus, and all the hermits and nass snails congregating 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Ok one final change got me to my usual reading of 40PPM, LFS lady laughed her head off when she saw me again for the 3rd time!

Think I found where the nitrates had been stored, lovely little deadspot behind the rocks with so much detritus, and all the hermits and nass snails congregating 

That's how my old tank was and one of the reasons I decided to go barebottom. I had too many areas that i couldn't get to and it just collected shit. I do have to say it takes so much more time for a tank to become stable having barebottom. My tanks been up for 8 months and it's just now looking good. Algae is under control and the bottom glass looks awesome. I have to update my journal 😅

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's how my old tank was and one of the reasons I decided to go barebottom. I had too many areas that i couldn't get to and it just collected shit. I do have to say it takes so much more time for a tank to become stable having barebottom. My tanks been up for 8 months and it's just now looking good. Algae is under control and the bottom glass looks awesome. I have to update my journal 😅

I keep debating barebottom with a tupperware of sand for the wrasse, hidden out of sight obviously.

Would probably be easiest just pointing a powerhead at the tank floor to keep everything clean? Will be thinking about this

• Like 1

Wow, a lot has happened since i last checked in!! You don't have much luck pal, you know xenia helps with nitrate? LOL!
Sorry to hear about the problems, i've heard there's more snow storms on route and this country can't handle anything so!

Floating water bottles full of hot water and a blanket over the tank helps and i'm not sure on reef tanks but on fresh a battery powered air stone under the filter media!
Also mate, what' did you use for that rubble in the tank? 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
25 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I keep debating barebottom with a tupperware of sand for the wrasse, hidden out of sight obviously.

Would probably be easiest just pointing a powerhead at the tank floor to keep everything clean? Will be thinking about this

I've noticed in my tank it settles in a couple spots. It's so much easier now, just stick the hose in and suck up the pile o shit. I'm thinking about adding my other aqamai kps to the bottom now that i've glued all the corals down. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Wow, a lot has happened since i last checked in!! You don't have much luck pal, you know xenia helps with nitrate? LOL!
Sorry to hear about the problems, i've heard there's more snow storms on route and this country can't handle anything so!

Floating water bottles full of hot water and a blanket over the tank helps and i'm not sure on reef tanks but on fresh a battery powered air stone under the filter media!
Also mate, what' did you use for that rubble in the tank? 

Yeah we're on an Amber warning for snow for the next two weeks. @Punk_Rock_Blenny has sorted me out with an 8 plug UPS Battery Pack, I'm running my heater and return pump off of this so worst case scenario its just the lights, ato and powerheads that don't function. So far it has been running these two for approximately 8 hours and doesn't seem to have affected the battery of the UPS. 

The rubble? Around the edge? Crushed Coral 

So..... what corals you got?

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I've noticed in my tank it settles in a couple spots. It's so much easier now, just stick the hose in and suck up the pile o shit. I'm thinking about adding my other aqamai kps to the bottom now that i've glued all the corals down. 

You got an up to date shot of your tank? Is it worth visiting the journal lol

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

You got an up to date shot of your tank? Is it worth visiting the journal lol

nah not at all 🤣. I will try and get some shots up tonight when i get home. It's night and day difference though. The vibrant worked so damn well. I used it till it cleared up the algae and I haven't dosed it in a while. I got my phosphate up and my corals are finally puffy. I almost lost my purple stylos but they are coming back from a STN. Lost a lot of flesh and it's now regrown over.

• Haha 1