Pod Your Reef

SaltyGallon
20 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Lmao its a snake lock. FFS. Cancelled

Thanks. Was very close to giving up, the support on here made me change my mind

Haha man, as soon as I saw the pic my fingers were twitching to type what it was. There's always a few on eBay, UK sellers harvest them in low tide don't they... That and those little red beadlet anemones. The snakelocks are gorgeous and supposedly do well in tanks but apparently they give you a nasty sting if you brush them and kill any/all fish. Could be an ace candidate for a single species tank though?

22 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Yes the hood has been removed long ago (prior to me getting the tank) I do have an Eggcrate cover that I place over. Just forgot last night, again. Just not as lucky this time. 

So down to Pele and Pen in this tank now....... possibly the little Gobies as well but rarely see them 

Will be looking to see when and if I can afford to sump this, might as well get it how I want it while its pretty much empty, started gathering containers for the livestock and rock and water

Essentially just need the pvc plumbing and the sump itself

If you need any tank/pipe fittings give me a shout..... I literally have a massive box of them. Metric and imperial. I could post anything you want if you need it, no cost. But maybe a few frags when you finally get your corals to stay alive! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Picogoby said:

If you need any tank/pipe fittings give me a shout..... I literally have a massive box of them. Metric and imperial. I could post anything you want if you need it, no cost. But maybe a few frags when you finally get your corals to stay alive! 😉

Cheers mate that is great of you, might have to take you up on that offer. Currently scrubbing about to try and get the sump tank and baffles sorted. 

• Like 1

Well still not seen the Leopard Wrasse since I put her into Quarantine yesterday. Am hoping that the fact she's still buried is a good sign. Dropped some Copepods into the QT (via small net)

leporad_wrasse.jpg.3cdfa504c009741b3340017f688dee8d.jpg

Going forwards thinking of having maybe a single fish in here, or a pair (different species). What are Scorpino's like (apart from Venomous?)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
25 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Well still not seen the Leopard Wrasse since I put her into Quarantine yesterday. Am hoping that the fact she's still buried is a good sign. Dropped some Copepods into the QT (via small net)

Going forwards thinking of having maybe a single fish in here, or a pair (different species). What are Scorpino's like (apart from Venomous?)

She's beautiful. 🙂 

• Thanks 1
StinkyBunny
5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Which one? The Gold Spot scorpion is shy but a damn nice fish. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Cheers mate that is great of you, might have to take you up on that offer. Currently scrubbing about to try and get the sump tank and baffles sorted. 

Just PM me when/if you want to discuss!

• Like 1

So i think that I have come up with a plan, depends mainly on whether my Wrasse pulls through or not.

If the Leopard Wrasse pulls through I will continue with the tank and aim to restore my stocking to where I had it previously. (5-6 Fish) if not I will most likely go Predator tank, or convert it to FW and have Shell Dwelling Cichlids.

I have seen an am completely and utterly infatuated with a Fu manchu Lionfish, I have him on reserve at the moment 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Fu Man Chu lions are neat, but remember not to feed them too much. Every other day is fine and it will reduce pollution in the tank.

Currently the plan is feed Monday, Wednesday, Friday and water change tuesday and thursday. Will take out the sandbed as well if i go this route as well as rescape (and restart) the tank 

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
8 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Currently the plan is feed Monday, Wednesday, Friday and water change tuesday and thursday. Will take out the sandbed as well if i go this route as well as rescape (and restart) the tank 

I would leave some of it in there.

Reefsamurai
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Well its been fun, time to drain it

IMG_20200316_153043_resized_20200316_033059500.thumb.jpg.635d83a51a878c555cc9a494bf068074.jpg

Are you draining it to restart or because of the lockdowns? Are you guys shutting down businesses?

• Like 1
cosmicbread

This sucks so much. But, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel (eventually). Staying healthy and staying in is the most important thing. 

Any chance on taking the wrasse home with you? Keeping the rocks in a tubberware with some circulation and heat?

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, cosmicbread said:

This sucks so much. But, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel (eventually). Staying healthy and staying in is the most important thing. 

Any chance on taking the wrasse home with you? Keeping the rocks in a tubberware with some circulation and heat?

Wrasse died

1 hour ago, Reefsamurai said:

Are you draining it to restart or because of the lockdowns? Are you guys shutting down businesses?

Going freshwater, nowhere near as expensive and so much easier to find stuff

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Wrasse died

Savage. Sorry to hear the news. It's been a brutal journey for you with this tank and no mistake. I feel like you've had a lifetime's worth of bad luck jammed into just a few months of time here.

7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Going freshwater, nowhere near as expensive and so much easier to find stuff

Totally understandable. Are you planning on keeping the pico going too?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Savage. Sorry to hear the news. It's been a brutal journey for you with this tank and no mistake. I feel like you've had a lifetime's worth of bad luck jammed into just a few months of time here.

X2, there's no other way to really say it - you've had some awful luck.
That 130 will make a great tank for angels or cichlids (calicos are awesome, sardine cichlids are super-cool too), discus, a colony of odessa barbs or dwarf neon red rainbows.
Plenty of fun stuff to work with, sorry again at the timing of all this and your run, definitely makes sense to throw some nice hardy plants and some fun fish in at this stage so you can finally enjoy it/yourself.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, billygoat said:

I'm taking the Spec 3 home tomorrow. See if I can find out what's leaking where, if it's a quick, easy cheap fix I'll patch it up and limp across the finish line with it. If not drop out the 365 and truck on with the 5.5g home cube. 

1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

X2, there's no other way to really say it - you've had some awful luck.
That 130 will make a great tank for angels or cichlids (calicos and milomo are awesome, sardine cichlids are super-cool too), uaru, discus, a HUGE colony of odessa barbs or dwarf neon red rainbows.
Plenty of fun stuff to work with, sorry again at the timing of all this and your run, definitely makes sense to throw some nice hardy plants and some fun fish in at this stage so you can finally enjoy it/yourself.

Yeah it's tested my temper for sure, I went to the lfs with my Kessil blue, fish and wave maker and came out with a Kessil sun and enough store credit to get new substrate and a little left over, maybe a dither fish to start the cycle and then become food for the cichlids... 

• Like 3