SaltCritters.com

1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

@StinkyBunny Isn't a huge fan, enough said right?
They're cute, but still little terrors when they grow up and almost all of them seem to eventually end up nipping-at or eating coral and/or inverts.

No corals in here, probably for the foreseeable future. Too much construction, demolition and decorating work going into the office this year for me to consider that. 

I'll keep an eye on it in my LFS until i'm paid, seems the logical approach 😄

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

You're looking dead-on at a gorgeous chalk bass and debating the cherub angel... Lol, folks here never have those basslets XD

Reserved for someone else 😞

I'm like 8th on the list, so moving on

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Amphrites said:

@StinkyBunny Isn't a huge fan, enough said right?
They're cute, but still little terrors when they grow up and almost all of them seem to eventually end up nipping-at or eating coral and/or inverts.

.02 from damselfish doofus lol.

Cherubs aren't too bad, there's a guy that just crossed a Cherub with an African Flameback. They should be cool when they grow out. 130 days to settle, YIKES!!!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

That is an amazing article thank you. I would love to see the reverse of that hybrid as well for a comparison that would be facinating

4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

That is an amazing article thank you. I would love to see the reverse of that hybrid as well for a comparison that would be facinating

The one I want is the Resplendens angels. I would set up one of those 700g tanks just to get a breeding group of them. I need to see if that's a misprint about the Hawaiian Cherub, it looks an awful lot like the Atlantic Cherub angel.

spacer.png

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

The one I want is the Resplendens angels. I would set up one of those 700g tanks just to get a breeding group of them. I need to see if that's a misprint about the Hawaiian Cherub, it looks an awful lot like the Atlantic Cherub angel.

spacer.png

That confused me too honestly, I found the source for that photo a while back if you want it.
http://www.blueharbor.co.jp/factory/devil/blog/2011/10/hawaiian_cherub_angelfish.html

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Just now, Ratvan said:

Well that website is bookmarked for not 1am..

Lol, there's very little to it, it seems to be a japanese-equivalent of reefbreeders. It's just where the photo comes from.

2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How does a fish get lock jaw (aka tetanus)?

Most likely physical injury, most fish have quite complex Jaws especially the maxilla (and Pre maxilla) as the jaw swings out and open, so any damage is likely to cause devastating looking dislocations. Lost a mbuna that way

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How does a fish get lock jaw (aka tetanus)?

It’s jaw was locked in the open position. I suspect she injured it. It’s chronicled early in the thread. I actually saved it three times and the last time it happened while I wasn’t home to save it. 

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Most likely physical injury, most fish have quite complex Jaws especially the maxilla (and Pre maxilla) as the jaw swings out and open, so any damage is likely to cause devastating looking dislocations. Lost a mbuna that way

Exactly.....It was horrible to watch. 

• Sad 6
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s jaw was locked in the open position. I suspect she injured it. It’s chronicled early in the thread. I actually saved it three times and the last time it happened while I wasn’t home to save it. 

Exactly.....It was horrible to watch. 

You massage it out too 🤮

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Try Hyperdrive (BBC comedy not that thereon shite) 

Hmm I use a vpn... I might be able to get it 🤔. Is only on BBC? Or think maybe Netflix? I'd have to see how to watch BBC on my laptop.