SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

Duetto ATO pump failed again (wouldn't pump despite the sensor being triggered).  😐  May return the whole thing and get something different, like a Smart Micro ATO.  

Also, diatom bloom be cray up in here.  Going to wait it out before adding anything new.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Duetto ATO pump failed again (wouldn't pump despite the sensor being triggered).  😐  May return the whole thing and get something different, like a Smart Micro ATO.  

Also, diatom bloom be cray up in here.  Going to wait it out before adding anything new.  

Knowing nothing about ATO and this summer being hot. What's the difference in $??

For 37 bucks you can get the ebay one 😂 

still running strong 💪 after few months, I do clean it from time to time. 

5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Knowing nothing about ATO and this summer being hot. What's the difference in $??

Smart Micro is only $15 USD more.   The one I have on my pico has been running great.  I could either just get a new Duetto (because people clearly don't have the same issues I have with this brand of ATO) or go with the Smart Micro.

4 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

For 37 bucks you can get the ebay one 😂 

still running strong 💪 after few months, I do clean it from time to time. 

Hmmm.  That is tempting too.  LOL.  

On another, but related, note.  My 5g ATO reservoir lasts longer than 2 weeks for me (the Duetto crapped out after 2 weeks, and the reservoir still had a good amount of water left).   So happy with the size of the ATO reservoir for this tank.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
27 minutes ago, Matteo said:

I think we need more pics of what's going on in your tank....

could just be me though 😉

I AGREE! 

• Like 2
Frag Factory
8 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

The smart micro is the best ATO I've ever had. I've had it a year, never had a problem, it will top my tank up when I remove 20ml of water when I do testing... It's insane.

• Like 3

My Tunze ATO...the fancy one with the senser...has been running for like 6 years without one failure or replacement pump. It's $$ though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

My Tunze ATO...the fancy one with the senser...has been running for like 6 years without one failure or replacement pump. It's $$ though.

Dang, 6 years without failure is crazy.  Is it the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 or the 3152 (Nano)?  

4 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Alright, late to the party, but I'm here!

Awesome!  Never too late!  🙂

4 hours ago, Frag Factory said:

The smart micro is the best ATO I've ever had. I've had it a year, never had a problem, it will top my tank up when I remove 20ml of water when I do testing... It's insane.

My Smart Micro in the pico has been performing well, BUT I hate that blue indicator light.  So bright!  LOL.  That's literally the only reason why I hesitate to get another one.  I don't want a bright blue light shining out of the AIO chamber.

6 hours ago, Matteo said:

I think we need more pics of what's going on in your tank....

could just be me though 😉

5 hours ago, medinar83 said:

I AGREE! 

Not much to show.  It's just going through a full diatom bloom right now.  Couple quick shots in its ugly state. 

IMG_20190722_215109_043.thumb.jpg.6b1c1f2347af183ee49f7f25592ef226.jpg

IMG_20190722_214631_497.thumb.jpg.e96612e7c36234d237ab6e3930be7916.jpg

I moved the branching GSP frags, so even those aren't out in these pics.  😕

• Like 2

Dang, 6 years without failure is crazy.  Is it the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 or the 3152 (Nano)?  

Awesome!  Never too late!  🙂

My Smart Micro in the pico has been performing well, BUT I hate that blue indicator light.  So bright!  LOL.  That's literally the only reason why I hesitate to get another one.  I don't want a bright blue light shining out of the AIO chamber.

Not much to show.  It's just going through a full diatom bloom right now.  Couple quick shots in its ugly state. 

IMG_20190722_215109_043.thumb.jpg.6b1c1f2347af183ee49f7f25592ef226.jpg

IMG_20190722_214631_497.thumb.jpg.e96612e7c36234d237ab6e3930be7916.jpg

I moved the branching GSP frags, so even those aren't out in these pics.  😕

3155, ya I am surprised...I would assume the pump would need replacement by now but it just keeps going...and going...and going...

..🔋🐇 Maybe I got lucky although Tunze usually known for incredibly long lasting powerheads.

The only big downside is the magnet is large. Definitely not a space saver like the micro so you need to measure the return chamber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Scotty Amen
On 7/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, Tigahboy said:

I only ordered 15 for myself.  There must be 100+.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, billygoat said:

I have never gotten less than five times as many dwarf ceriths as I've ordered from RC

Just chiming in to say "Same here" on the cerinth mulitplier.  Ordered 4 or so from ReefCleaners,, got 20-ish.

This is a great thread, and really nice tank.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Scotty Amen said:

Just chiming in to say "Same here" on the cerinth mulitplier.  Ordered 4 or so from ReefCleaners,, got 20-ish.

This is a great thread, and really nice tank.

Thanks!  I ended up giving away the 100 dwarf ceriths to a local reefer and he gave me a small zoanthid frag for my pico.

• Like 1

I feel like I still haven't commented on this new tank of yours. Glad to see it's up and running - looking sharp! Sorry the custom tank didn't work out for yah but this build looks like it's going to be great, I like your style. 

Where did you get the branching GSP? I want some!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

I feel like I still haven't commented on this new tank of yours. Glad to see it's up and running - looking sharp! Sorry the custom tank didn't work out for yah but this build looks like it's going to be great, I like your style. 

Where did you get the branching GSP? I want some!

Thanks for dropping by!  Yeah, this IM tank is working out so far, so not too bummed about the other custom project now.

I got my branching GSP from a local reefer (tranphan_reef on Instagram), but Aquatic Warehouse in SD has giant colonies of them and has frags for sale.  I don't think either of those options would ship though.  Time to take a road trip to SD.  

2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks for dropping by!  Yeah, this IM tank is working out so far, so not too bummed about the other custom project now.

I got my branching GSP from a local reefer (tranphan_reef on Instagram), but Aquatic Warehouse in SD has giant colonies of them and has frags for sale.  I don't think either of those options would ship though.  Time to take a road trip to SD.  

Okay I'll look out for your shipment of GSP then 😉🤣

Maybe I can make a trip to SD and ship a piece back to myself in NorCal next time I'm in LA for a job. Is the shop worth the trip?  

5 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Okay I'll look out for your shipment of GSP then 😉🤣

Maybe I can make a trip to SD and ship a piece back to myself in NorCal next time I'm in LA for a job. Is the shop worth the trip?  

It's a nice shop and very close to AquaSD.  So you could hit up both.  Get some carne asada fries and some tacos while you are out that way.

Mine still has a lot of growing to do, but will frag in the future once they get to a good size.  

If there is a market for “branching gsp” I can tackle it for you... nothing grows faster in my tank, I’m trimming it off my overflow once a week. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

If there is a market for “branching gsp” I can tackle it for you... nothing grows faster in my tank, I’m trimming it off my overflow once a week. 

@YHSublime in need of some of your frags...lol 

• Like 1

my 2nd duetto pump burned out after a week, I ended up sending the whole unit back to them to check, they said it was ok but replaced it for me, haven’t had an issue since it’s been at least 2 months now. Hopefully you can get yours running right ASAP