Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

17 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Welp.  The Duetto doesn't work.  😠 Sensor gets triggered but pump doesn't do anything.  

Going to have to return it.  Sigh. 

Contact them, they have great customer service. I had a pump go out and they replaced it quickly and now it works great. It’s a great ato

6 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Contact them, they have great customer service. I had a pump go out and they replaced it quickly and now it works great. It’s a great ato

I sent them a message this morning and no one got back to me yet.  I'll see what they have to say.  But definitely need a new pump or ATO altogether.

52 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I sent them a message this morning and no one got back to me yet.  I'll see what they have to say.  But definitely need a new pump or ATO altogether.

Sent you a pm

• Thanks 1

Yay!  My Nemo lookalike clownfish are arriving tomorrow!  :happydance:  They are coming all the way from Sustainable Aquatics' aquaculture farm in Tennessee. 

Also placed a proper CUC order from @johnmaloney at ReefCleaners today.  A mix of Astreas, Dwarf Ceriths, Florida Ceriths and Nassarius Vibex.  Should arrive Friday/Saturday.

Those snails together with my Hawaiian littorinus snails and hermits from IPSF should be a solid CUC for this tank.  Though I still want a conch and some kind of cleaner shrimp as well.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, knox_legend said:

I should totally go drive up to the sustainable aquatics place. It’s only an hour from me and I didn’t even know they were there. 

Totally!  They have a really good selection of aquacultured fish.  I think they sell exclusively through their retail store called The Coral Reef in Jefferson City, TN though.

They are here!!  Photo from my wife.  She said my son is super stoked, so mission accomplished.  😊

IMG_20190710_095446_700.thumb.jpg.b248c0089394a97638f3a8125cc1b7ed.jpg

They do look like Nemos.  And apparently they are super active in the bag, so good sign. 

• Like 7
knox_legend
40 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Totally!  They have a really good selection of aquacultured fish.  I think they sell exclusively through their retail store called The Coral Reef in Jefferson City, TN though.

Yup Jefferson City is right at about an hour. It may be a good field trip for the kids to take them to check out the coral reef. 🤔 Those are some good looking clowns that’s for sure. 

NaturallyKait
7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

They are here!!  Photo from my wife.  She said my son is super stoked, so mission accomplished.  😊

IMG_20190710_095446_700.thumb.jpg.b248c0089394a97638f3a8125cc1b7ed.jpg

They do look like Nemos.  And apparently they are super active in the bag, so good sign. 

Yay for the clowns! I’m glad the little guy is happy. It’s so fun to see them excited about fish. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, NaturallyKait said:

Yay for the clowns! I’m glad the little guy is happy. It’s so fun to see them excited about fish. 

Let's hope it lasts!  LOL.  

• Haha 1
NaturallyKait
18 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Let's hope it lasts!  LOL.  

Watch, two weeks from now he’ll ask for some designer clowns instead 😂

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, NaturallyKait said:

Watch, two weeks from now he’ll ask for some designer clowns instead 😂

That's probably very likely.  LOL.  Sigh.  But this is it!  He'll have to live with these.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Also placed a proper CUC order from @johnmaloney at ReefCleaners today.  A mix of Astreas, Dwarf Ceriths, Florida Ceriths and Nassarius Vibex.  Should arrive Friday/Saturday.

Those snails together with my Hawaiian littorinus snails and hermits from IPSF should be a solid CUC for this tank.  Though I still want a conch and some kind of cleaner shrimp as well.

Did you get a package from RC or cherry picked everything? I also need to order some shells for those Hawaiian hermits, saw one running around without a shell over the weekend.

Clowns look nice! Will the black stripping get thicker as they age/mature?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, haks said:

Did you get a package from RC or cherry picked everything? I also need to order some shells for those Hawaiian hermits, saw one running around without a shell over the weekend.

Clowns look nice! Will the black stripping get thicker as they age/mature?

I cherry picked.  I'm too picky for a package.  Lol.  

I have a lot of extra shells. You are welcome to some (tho I'm far).  

I think the black line is supposed to be more pronounced.  We shall see.  

Reefcleaners CUC order came in today.  Not sure what I'm going to do with all those dwarf ceriths (bottom right).  I only ordered 15 for myself.  There must be 100+.IMG_20190712_212021_198.thumb.jpg.0e2cf98c6990e07e72b1bc2c7cdfd0ae.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 3

I swear I have never gotten less than five times as many dwarf ceriths as I've ordered from RC. I once ordered 5 and got 40. 😅

I'd just toss 'em all in there. Dwarf ceriths are slow moving and have slow metabolisms; once they settle down only a few of them will be eating at any given time.

• Like 2
SaltyGallon

Did your Spin Stream ever quieten down bud? I was looking at one myself but if they're noise machines I'll avoid to keep the other half happy haha...

1 hour ago, Azur said:

Did your Spin Stream ever quieten down bud? I was looking at one myself but if they're noise machines I'll avoid to keep the other half happy haha...

Yup!  It took like.... 3 weeks.  LOL.  But it is pretty quiet now.  Not dead silent, but the sound of the fan on my lights is louder than the Spin Stream, so I'm good with it now. 

• Like 1