Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

In all honesty stuff gets trickier down the road in reefing, hence I have all the testing goodies. Hard to tell how much your corals are consuming with out testing, but first year for me is easy breezy. Then it's starts to get technical with a larger bio load.

11 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Hmm. Telling me I have to change out the media more often is not gonna sell me on it.  Lol. 

Lol I don’t mind, I change my floss and filter sock 2x a week religiously in both tanks. It’s part of my schedule.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
19 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

LMAO.... Bro I haven't tested my water yet on any tank...and I've got all the cool Hannah checkers too.  I don't even have a refractometer.....smh I gave my swing arm to my cousin and my other refractometer is in storage.  I'm mixing salt like an old Italian mom cooks pasta.  Hahahahaha.. 

I guess it's second nature now 😁

You go by taste of fresh saltwater too?!

B9CA1D26-347E-4875-BB10-BBA986BC2C96.png

12 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Instead of community reefer, mines should read don't try this at home. Lol

That would be a great build thread

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

You go by taste of fresh saltwater too?!

B9CA1D26-347E-4875-BB10-BBA986BC2C96.png

That would be a great build thread

OMG!! I actually did yesterday and compared it to Cozumel Mexico dive in jan...😂

I was like yeah that's it! lol

I smelled my pico after bayer dip, and it smelled like fresh reef and said yeah that's it! lol

Totally epic build title thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, NaturallyKait said:

Yay! Time to bring on the clowns?

I'm probably going to add inverts first like you did.  🙂

• Like 1
NaturallyKait
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm probably going to add inverts first like you did.  🙂

Haha, I had to stall to the tiny reefer’s birthday. Our “CUC” had nothing to clean up 😂

• Haha 1

@haks was kind enough to allow me to add on to his IPSF order, so got more Hawaiian hermits for the 20g.  7 hermits in total, and there were 3 freebie snails.  😊

IMG_20190622_170330_109.thumb.jpg.b1fecce53e55888e00d0b4c2b64a61b4.jpg

IMG_20190622_175810_369.thumb.jpg.2d0b8836cc84441350ca6c6987cd4e92.jpg

Thanks again, @haks!  Nice meeting you in person.

• Like 6
43 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

If hermits weren't known to eventually pick on anything they can touch a claw to I'd have to get a few of these little buggers...

Give em a shot!  So far these hermits have been cool in the pico, and according to IPSF they stay small and won't pose a threat to snails, which I believe because they are pretty wimpy.  They are the cutest hermits I've had as well.

• Like 2

I love the hermits... I had the exact kind in my pico and he crawled out 😞 or the cat got him to use as a hockey puck. Never did find a shell/body. 

I saw LiveAquaria has them so going to try and get some with my next order. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

@haks was kind enough to allow me to add on to his IPSF order, so got more Hawaiian hermits for the 20g.  7 hermits in total, and there were 3 freebie snails.  😊

No problem, likewise!

I ended up getting a total of six. Lol did the big one get a name yet?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, haks said:

No problem, likewise!

I ended up getting a total of six. Lol did the big one get a name yet?

Big one should probably be named the Hulk.  Lol.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Give em a shot!  So far these hermits have been cool in the pico, and according to IPSF they stay small and won't pose a threat to snails, which I believe because they are pretty wimpy.  They are the cutest hermits I've had as well.

I don't know if I can justify giving them a shot with a Maxima clam in the tank, it only takes a few hours for things to go from being fine to a serious problem.

11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

troops ready!

• Like 1
On 5/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, haks said:

Was looking at that one. Ordered the XP Aqua Duetto, will be receiving today.

Going bare bottom or is your son sorting through the black sand?

I just ordered the XP Aqua Duetto as well though can't figure out what to use as reservoir, what are you using as the reservoir container? I have the same tank w the APS stand, so I'm looking what can I fit in that narrow space

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AJ69 said:

I just ordered the XP Aqua Duetto as well though can't figure out what to use as reservoir, what are you using as the reservoir container? I have the same tank w the APS stand, so I'm looking what can I fit in that narrow space

Nice!  

I got my XP Aqua Duetto, but haven't set it up yet.  I picked up a Trigger Systems Crystal ATO 5 gallon reservoir from BRS since I had a store credit to use there.   The one I received had a chip in it unfortunately, so I returned it to BRS and waiting for the replacement.  It could fit in my "stand", but I'm going to give the stand a break and put it off to the side on the floor.  

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, AJ69 said:

I went with a simple Aqueon 5.5g tank. Tigah and I both estimated evap rate at a little over a gallon a week so 5 gallons is more than plenty. Might be different for you out there in Florida. I would say gauge your evap rate for a couple of days and go from there. I'd expect Florida to be pretty humid year round so you might see less evap than us.

I didn't go with the IM APS stand so was able fit it in there; I'm sure it could fit in the APS stand though.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice!  

I got my XP Aqua Duetto, but haven't set it up yet.  I picked up a Trigger Systems Crystal ATO 5 gallon reservoir from BRS since I had a store credit to use there.   The one I received had a chip in it unfortunately, so I returned it to BRS and waiting for the replacement.  It could fit in my "stand", but I'm going to give the stand a break and put it off to the side on the floor.  

Thanks

19 minutes ago, haks said:

I went with a simple Aqueon 5.5g tank. Tigah and I both estimated evap rate at a little over a gallon a week so 5 gallons is more than plenty. Might be different for you out there in Florida. I would say gauge your evap rate for a couple of days and go from there. I'd expect Florida to be pretty humid year round so you might see less evap than us.

I didn't go with the IM APS stand so was able fit it in there; I'm sure it could fit in the APS stand though.

Thanks for the feedback

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ef4life said:

I just use a 5 gallon bucket as my top off container. I Just swap it out once a week with a full bucket.

A bucket won't fit inside my stand.

Rgds