Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

9 hours ago, ef4life said:

my 2nd duetto pump burned out after a week, I ended up sending the whole unit back to them to check, they said it was ok but replaced it for me, haven’t had an issue since it’s been at least 2 months now. Hopefully you can get yours running right ASAP

I just swapped it out for a new one (the whole unit).  I'll give it another shot.  

3 minutes ago, billygoat said:

That branching GSP has got me droolin'. Beautiful! What's next on the coral bucket list Tigah?

I'm looking for photosynthetic gorgs rn.  Not sure yet which one(s) yet.  Any recs?  I'm looking at KPAquatics.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm looking for photosynthetic gorgs rn.  Not sure yet which one(s) yet.  Any recs?  I'm looking at KPAquatics.  

Recs for gorgs? You better believe I have them! 😁

The hardiest choice on KP's page is Pseudopterogorgia sp., which I believe they market as "purple sea feather." A beautiful and practically indestructible gorgonian and a great first choice. The "spiny orange gorgonian" (Muricea elongata) is also a good solid option, as are any of the "sea whips" from the genus Pterogorgia. Corky fingers (Briareum asbestinum) is another perennial favorite, but keep in mind that this species can aggressively colonize and kill other gorgonians that it comes in contact with. It's a very beautiful and rather hardy choice though, and shouldn't cause any problems as long as it is placed properly.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Recs for gorgs? You better believe I have them! 😁

The hardiest choice on KP's page is Pseudopterogorgia sp., which I believe they market as "purple sea feather." A beautiful and practically indestructible gorgonian and a great first choice. The "spiny orange gorgonian" (Muricea elongata) is also a good solid option, as are any of the "sea whips" from the genus Pterogorgia. Corky fingers (Briareum asbestinum) is another perennial favorite, but keep in mind that this species can aggressively colonize and kill other gorgonians that it comes in contact with. It's a very beautiful and rather hardy choice though, and shouldn't cause any problems as long as it is placed properly.

Awesome!  Thanks for the recs!  I knew I could count on you for a good rec.  :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Tranquility!

😁

4 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

What a nice clean set up! 

Thank you!  🙏

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Lookin clean - how about a fire shrimp for the tunnel?

Love the fire shrimp.  Leaning towards skunk cleaner only bc I think it would be out and about more (but I do prefer the look of the fire).  🤔

• Like 2
Scotty Amen

The other day my wife was watching a house-renovation show on TV (the one with the two twin guys, Drew and Jonathan?)  and they dressed the living room with the same cactus pottery pieces that you have. I was like "I KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THAT, IKEA!!!" haha just because you said so here. 😄

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Scotty Amen said:

The other day my wife was watching a house-renovation show on TV (the one with the two twin guys, Drew and Jonathan?)  and they dressed the living room with the same cactus pottery pieces that you have. I was like "I KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THAT, IKEA!!!" haha just because you said so here. 😄

LOL.  Yup!  $14.99 at IKEA.  I want to change things up from time to time, so I'm on the look-out for more decorative pieces.  :)

• Haha 2

Nemo and Nemo II basically just hang out on the side of the tank near the IKEA cacti.  Maybe they think the cacti will host them. 😅

IMG_20190730_055800_368.thumb.jpg.54e55d523ad0c29e897378ab5bb4319f.jpg

IMG_20190729_170016_737.thumb.jpg.be5b56583059e94354a94c408c2d9e53.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
10 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I'm shocked you haven't put the cactus in the tank yet, par for the course! 

LOL.  I am getting some Cactus Caulerpa and Halimeda (aka Cactus Algae) from Reefcleaners this week though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes another empty tank shot.  IMG_20190730_222120_133.thumb.jpg.76167c2fa6648f91b183483fa49f0657.jpg

Did order a couple gorgs from KPAquatics today though, but probably won't get it until next week.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1