Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

1 minute ago, NaturallyKait said:

The kids always get their way eh? Mine is still pointing to Nemo on the TV and pointing to the tank begging for clownfish but our LFS still doesn’t have them in lol. 

Indeed they do!  LOL.  Hope you can get some soon!  

• Like 1
NaturallyKait
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Indeed they do!  LOL.  Hope you can get some soon!  

Thanks! We have a trip in two weeks for medical appointments for the kiddos 4 hours away and I might have to go LFS hopping while I’m there to see what we can find haha. There’s a guy who used to have a nice LFS here who moved there and opened a new one and I’m hoping he still has livestock as nice as he used to have and that he may have a couple 🤞🏻

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I ended up ordering basic Nemos since my son has been reminding me everyday that he wants regular Nemos.  LOL.  Ordered a nano-sized (0.5-1") and a small-sized (1-1.25") ocellaris from Sustainable Aquatics (via CoralReefTN.com) in hopes of them pairing one day.  Both CoralReefTN and SA were very easy to work with and answered all my [numerous] questions.   

They will be shipped direct from Sustainable Aquatics's breeding facility which is great.  Representative photo from CoralReefTN's website:

image.png.83cf35efb3bbc3c3c1ad94a4adb75352.png

I asked Sustainable Aquatics why these were labeled as "SA Fancy" and listed under the "Designer" clownfish page, and received this response:  "The ocellaris you have listed above are our 'SA Fancy' line, which means they have a bit more red/orange color and a more pronounced black outline. Since the SA Fancy is something we have selected for over several generations, we list it under the designer category."

So low-key designer clowns?  :lol: 

uhhhhh fancy! I like em 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, medinar83 said:

uhhhhh fancy! I like em 

😂 Was I played??  Just a marketing ploy.  They were still dirt cheap tho.  Haha. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

😂 Was I played??  Just a marketing ploy.  They were still dirt cheap tho.  Haha. 

We will see who gets played when you get the order. lol 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

I ended up ordering basic Nemos since my son has been reminding me everyday that he wants regular Nemos.  LOL.  Ordered a nano-sized (0.5-1") and a small-sized (1-1.25") ocellaris from Sustainable Aquatics (via CoralReefTN.com) in hopes of them pairing one day.  Both CoralReefTN and SA were very easy to work with and answered all my [numerous] questions.   

They will be shipped direct from Sustainable Aquatics's breeding facility which is great.  Representative photo from CoralReefTN's website:

I asked Sustainable Aquatics why these were labeled as "SA Fancy" and listed under the "Designer" clownfish page, and received this response:  "The ocellaris you have listed above are our 'SA Fancy' line, which means they have a bit more red/orange color and a more pronounced black outline. Since the SA Fancy is something we have selected for over several generations, we list it under the designer category."

I like these a lot. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I like these a lot. 

I would love a pair of orange storms, but I'm actually looking forward to getting these.  

• Like 1
debbeach13

I think they do look a little fancy. I love the several generations part. Best of luck with the arrival of some healthy beautiful fish. You son must be so excited. Your are teaching him the patience part of the hobby!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I think they do look a little fancy. I love the several generations part. Best of luck with the arrival of some healthy beautiful fish. You son must be so excited. Your are teaching him the patience part of the hobby!

He is soooo excited.  And I'm impressed with how patient he has been actually.  I think we started talking about getting Nemos like back in early March.  

4 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Oh-oh, hope your son doesn't reject these "fancy" clowns. LoL

Is this the shop you mentioned over at ReefLounge? Let me know how everything goes, might have to give them a try. They carry the Midnight and the Black Snowflake...although I think I now want at least one of the clowns to have some orange to it.

When are they coming in?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, haks said:

Oh-oh, hope your son doesn't reject these "fancy" clowns. LoL

Is this the shop you mentioned over at ReefLounge? Let me know how everything goes, might have to give them a try. They carry the Midnight and the Black Snowflake...although I think I now want at least one of the clowns to have some orange to it.

When are they coming in?

This is a different breeder.  But they seem legit.  They are coming on Wednesday, 7/10. 

So I could add your order to it as well.  I'll DM you.

4 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I would love a pair of orange storms, but I'm actually looking forward to getting these.  

I'm soooo undecided on what clowns to get lol... 

• Haha 1

Starting to get diatoms now that I have my light.  Looking forward to ordering a full snail CUC soon, but will wait for the full on bloom before ordering.

Some shots from tonight.  Not sure what color backlight I like the best out of aqua, pink, yellow, and red.  I like em all!

IMG_20190702_181027_366.thumb.jpg.b8215f20b515fe801d4e36f642d52aa5.jpg

IMG_20190702_181315_893.thumb.jpg.1651831dc7a8a00e4899a56322d62976.jpg

• Like 7

Just installed my ATO system.  The 5g Trigger Systems Crystal ATO container fits perfectly next to the stand.  Using a Duetto ATO which seems almost identical to the Smart Micro I have on my pico except the Duetto has a dual optical sensor.  

IMG_20190702_231107_757.thumb.jpg.2013cee9fe02ed838aa5bebb255dd50c.jpg

• Like 5

Welp.  The Duetto doesn't work.  😠 Sensor gets triggered but pump doesn't do anything.  

Going to have to return it.  Sigh. 

• Sad 5
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Bang it on the counter! 

Lol.  I wish this would work cuz I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I really needed an ATO for this tank. 

Going to have to scramble and try to buy one at an LFS (probably at a higher price) today.  😓😭 

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Welp.  The Duetto doesn't work.  😠 Sensor gets triggered but pump doesn't do anything.  

Going to have to return it.  Sigh. 

Well that blows, mine has been working flawlessly since I installed it. Try to contact XP Aqua directly, from what I've seen their customer service is top notch. 

4 minutes ago, haks said:

Well that blows, mine has been working flawlessly since I installed it. Try to contact XP Aqua directly, from what I've seen their customer service is top notch. 

I'll give that a try, but pretty sure pump is dead.  Majorly stressed rn because I need a working ATO like today.  Going to call a few LFSs to see if they have any in stock and will have to just return this one.  omgomgomg

18 minutes ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Love this tank, cant wait to see it grow out!

Thank you!  Looking forward to stocking this tank!

7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I was JK. I have on occasion opened the pump and manually turned the impeller, closed it back up and it worked. 

O.M.G.  So after going to an LFS after work and calling at least a dozen LFSs, I couldn't find anyone that carried an ATO.  I was seriously stressed since I'm going out of town tomorrow.

So I decided to give @debbeach13's suggestion a try. 

Took the pump out and I literally shook it and tapped it.  Put it back in the container and It WORKS NOW!  Not sure if it was the shaking or the tapping, but something must've gotten loose when I did that.   LMFAO rn.   I mean I'm probably still going to return it when I get back from my trip tho.  Let's hope it keeps working while I'm out.  fingerscrossed

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Matteo said:

This is what we call a "win" 

💪😅.  I'm gonna open it up to see if anything may be loose in there as well.  

• Like 2