Cultivated Reef

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

@Tigahboy

This ones for you! Lol

As you know today was Aqamai day lol. I’m in 😍 silent, very powerful, tons of options, took me an hour to get it set up with my own schedule wave,random,smooth,reef, all those different modes lol 😂 it doesnt get higher than 30%. I have sugar grain sand and its not blowing around!!! Success!! 

E032C5E2-2EE8-4B8B-B35F-BDB8D57B2D67.jpeg

7D04FC49-B1EC-4394-A054-CBAEB6329F8F.jpeg

034863C7-F51D-4E2D-BD5B-A30F086CB4CD.jpeg

5B2F6C6B-D6D7-4437-BF34-2FD73AE99547.png

Nice!  I'm impressed that it's still doable for a 2.5g.  How many inches does it protrude into the tank?

If my volcano wavemaker isn't sufficient, I'm gonna look into one of those.  

• Like 1

@Tigahboy 

I’ve had mp10, mp60, tunze, now the gyre, never been soo excited and overal happy with this Aqamai...My only thing i really didnt like about thr Gyre is the controller (needs to step up game). I think everything reef related should be wifi, great performance, and of course ultra silent.  Super happy! When i get a chance i will measure it for you, was watching Virginia take it to Auburn. Lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mariahranch said:

If anyone hasn’t yet bought a heater, the Marina C10 is one of the few tiny 10w heaters available that has a preset thermostat temp of 78. Downfalls include a non adjustable thermostat and it may not be exactly 78, I have 3 of these in 2 gallon Fluval spec tanks and they each have a slightly different temp ranging from 76.6-77.9. They do seem pretty stable as long as you don’t have a huge temperature swing in the room.

I’m happy to take pics of one in the AC 50 filter this evening if it helps

That marina 10 watt is nice, I have one in the back of an Azoo Mignon 150, works and fits great! Highly recommended it. Cheap too.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice!  I'm impressed that it's still doable for a 2.5g.  How many inches does it protrude into the tank?

About 2.5 inches out, 2 inches wide.

• Thanks 1

New reef buddies... 

forest fire digita- looks like a high five lol

metallic green shroom- very upset, im sure he will be aqamai food soon.

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks, I got some other corals cooking in the EVOreef omgomgomg.  That high five frag fell off the frag plug, so I busted out the pico frag station and made a frag lol. Mushrooms not mounted are a pain, hopefully it finds a home before the aqamai gets it. 

Side note. 

I have a Chinese led fixture with cheap 6500k t5 tubes and cheap  no name ballast and fixture on my EVOreef... Im thinking every coral I add,  I will add the same frag or piece into the pico with the ai prime led fixture.  Water quality will be identical cause my water changes consist of 80 percent EVOreef water every week lol... I want to see long term what grows coral faster and with more color ooooooo.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

Thanks, I got some other corals cooking in the EVOreef omgomgomg.  That high five frag fell off the frag plug, so I busted out the pico frag station and made a frag lol. Mushrooms not mounted are a pain, hopefully it finds a home before the aqamai gets it. 

Side note. 

I have a Chinese led fixture with cheap 6500k t5 tubes and cheap  no name ballast and fixture on my EVOreef... Im thinking every coral I add,  I will add the same frag or piece into the pico with the ai prime led fixture.  Water quality will be identical cause my water changes consist of 80 percent EVOreef water every week lol... I want to see long term what grows coral faster and with more color ooooooo.

That will be an awesome experiment. 

• Like 1

Mounting all my frags directly onto rock to make for great look when grown out.  Limiting plug use as much as possible.

I cut every frag, so I have two sets of same corals in both tanks, seeing what lights will grow my corals faster.  cheap diy t5/led mix or my ai prime hd.

First pic is my chopped up gorgonian frag and some red zoas. 

pink polyp cyphastrea with rastas zoas

forest fire digita

mdntipora undata with Kenya tree 

gsp frag with green mushroom unattached.

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_4368.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

IMG_4371.jpeg

IMG_4372.jpeg

• Like 5

All blues on fts.

updates

Dont think the pink polyp cyphastrea is gonna make it thru the night.  Gsp polyps aren't out yet. Green mushroom might make a home in the perfect spot below gsp's.  (it would look cool to have a ton of neon green back there.)Rastas still not irie.  Not sure how the Monti undata took the fragging.  Chicken foot forest fire digita is fine.  Superman Monti doing good too. 

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

IMG_4386.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Wow, I love this light. Got it at quick set 20k @ 10% power  with diy diffuser. 

First two shots no filter

Third shot is with a go pro dive filter held up against my iphone lol. Jank life! 

693C2946-8B2F-4A91-92E8-64A7CE316833.jpeg

E06B2640-033D-43EE-A53F-185A3C2453CC.jpeg

3198E2CF-7FAC-480C-89DA-ACC47BC27E08.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 4