SaltCritters.com

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I was planning of doing a gravity drip but I’ll have to scrounge around in the basement for something 

i can make the container!!! 🤣 

Lol, you can totally sell everyone on nr your custom pico gear. 7 months of $$$$ 🤑

This guy is extra salty

4 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Lol, you can totally sell everyone on nr your custom pico gear. 7 months of $$$$ 🤑

Hahahaha

If I did all of it would go towards being sponsor for nanoreef

• Like 4

I really like it with a white background.  Right now its just printer paper for now just testing it out. What do you think?

IMG_4231.thumb.jpeg.1aedd9d13faf8c358fcee03490f53839.jpegIMG_4230.thumb.jpeg.7d85bcfbb8f4f2fec150d574fdb0340e.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

• Like 3

I've always been a fan of white background.  It's definitely unique and looks modern to me.  But totally personal preference of course.  Congrats on adding coral!  

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Blues on with white background.  I like it!

IMG_4239.thumb.jpeg.c76fc0b3de4f6b8aca7b04e8d545a8f8.jpeg

IMG_4241.thumb.jpeg.90c20c729038dce58b52387375c36641.jpeg

I think it looks great like that, super clean. Another benefit...flat white, like No gloss paint, and printer paper, actually reflect MORE light in a more even "blanket" than say a mirrored surface, and definitely reflect way more than black. I wonder if you'd get the added benefit of reflected light from a different angle!?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I've always been a fan of white background.  It's definitely unique and looks modern to me.  But totally personal preference of course.  Congrats on adding coral!  

Thanks, Im excited to get this thing fully stocked and dialed in to full reef growing machine! lol   

Im really liking the white background myself.  I cleans up the jank, my other tank is black background and black bare bottom.  Its nice to see a real looking scape finally.  Is it bad that im liking my pico more than my other tank? lol

• Like 3
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

Thanks, Im excited to get this thing fully stocked and dialed in to full reef growing machine! lol   

Im really liking the white background myself.  I cleans up the jank, my other tank is black background and black bare bottom.  Its nice to see a real looking scape finally.  Is it bad that im liking my pico more than my other tank? lol

I don't think it's bad, I think it's inevitable LOL

• Like 1
Just now, 748S911 said:

LOL.  It's a sweet pico.   And I hear you.  I actually really like my pico too.  I am working on another build and I've pretty much lost interest in it.  

• Like 2
Just now, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  It's a sweet pico.   And I hear you.  I actually really like my pico too.  I am working on another build and I've pretty much lost interest in it.  

Me too...I came back to this forum because I am setting up a 7 gallon nano, but I have made ZERO progress on it other than buying equipment...lol

You think I built a custom stand for the 7 gallon? LMAO...no way! I've just been geeking out on the competition pico...:haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I think it looks great like that, super clean. Another benefit...flat white, like No gloss paint, and printer paper, actually reflect MORE light in a more even "blanket" than say a mirrored surface, and definitely reflect way more than black. I wonder if you'd get the added benefit of reflected light from a different angle!?

I can almost guarantee it.  Not only is the white sand bouncing off and reflecting so would the flat white background.  

2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I don't think it's bad, I think it's inevitable LOL

LMAO!!

2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Hahahahha, we all got the pico bug.

• Like 2
Just now, MetaTank said:

Me too...I came back to this forum because I am setting up a 7 gallon nano, but I have made ZERO progress on it other than buying equipment...lol

You think I built a custom stand for the 7 gallon? LMAO...no way! I've just been geeking out on the competition pico...:haha:

LOL.  Amazing.  I have a huge bin of LR that was supposed to be for my 20g build, but I'm going to cherry pick the best pieces for the pico then just move the bin to the garage cuz I'm tired of seeing it in my living room.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah competition is fierce, I love it.  So many dif ways to grow a reef.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  Amazing.  I have a huge bin of LR that was supposed to be for my 20g build, but I'm going to cherry pick the best pieces for the pico then just move the bin to the garage cuz I'm tired of seeing it in my living room.  

I know the feeling, you already know about my "bucket" situation...lol...one has rock for the 7 gallon, but I'm gonna stash it somewhere too, especially after seeing your RODI station! 😍

2 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Yeah competition is fierce, I love it.  So many dif ways to grow a reef.

Totally, I love seeing everyone's creativity. I know I keep saying it, but I'm way outta my league, and learning so much!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I know the feeling, although Its cool having two tanks.  Water changes weekly are a breeze.  I drain it, clean it, then use a 10 inch hose and fill it up with my EVOreef lol. Then I do a waterchange on the EVOreef.  Corals I can transfer from the main tank.  Eventually the EVOreef will be all sps so all little frags and softies will have a home in the pico. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I know the feeling, you already know about my "bucket" situation...lol...one has rock for the 7 gallon, but I'm gonna stash it somewhere too, especially after seeing your RODI station! 😍

Totally, I love seeing everyone's creativity. I know I keep saying it, but I'm way outta my league, and learning so much!

Same here, I thought I was a master reefer, but realizing its more like jr. reefer lol.  

• Haha 1

JUST noticed you ordered the Aqamai after all!  Haha.  I am super curious how that will work in the pico and the size.  I'm tempted to get one too given how loud my no-name tiny pump is.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

JUST noticed you ordered the Aqamai after all!  Haha.  I am super curious how that will work in the pico and the size.  I'm tempted to get one too given how loud my no-name tiny pump is.

Are we talking traditional powerhead or propeller style? I have a jebao SW2 that might be loud, I can't really tell, cause I haven't put it in a tank yet, but i can hear a hum when it kicks on

Just now, MetaTank said:

Are we talking traditional powerhead or propeller style? I have a jebao SW2 that might be loud, I can't really tell, cause I haven't put it in a tank yet, but i can hear a hum when it kicks on

I'm down for anything that is small, with decent flow, and is quiet.  Basically I want it all.  Haha.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LMAO!!  Im hearing that janky noise right now from both tanks!!

I ordered the Tunze return for the EVOreef too, I'm sick and tired of the noise.  

The Aqamai comes tomorrow (to blow sand all over the place)...Im worried im gonna have way too much flow like I do in the EVOreef (the gyre is set a 10% and 30%reverse) and all you hear is snails and hermits rolling down the tank like a bowling balls going down the lanes. LMAO!

• Haha 2
Just now, 748S911 said:

LMAO!!  Im hearing that janky noise right now from both tanks!!

I ordered the Tunze return for the EVOreef too, I'm sick and tired of the noise.  

The Aqamai comes tomorrow (to blow sand all over the place)...Im worried im gonna have way too much flow like I do in the EVOreef (the gyre is set a 10% and 30%reverse) and all you hear is snails and hermits rolling down the tank like a bowling balls going down the lanes. LMAO!

LOL.  I'm glad you are getting it first then.  Sigh.  Not a lot of good flow options for a tank this size.

• Like 1