Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lingwendil

Nice dosing container too! I would love something like that with dark transluscent purple trim 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
8 hours ago, seabass said:

Incredible work so far.  Looking forward to seeing version 2.0.

Version 2.5 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
35 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Nice dosing container too! I would love something like that with dark transluscent purple trim 🙂

🙏 Thanks! I’ll probably change up the color scheme by the end of the contest if this one gets sold. I decided on the black and blue cause of the surface skimmer police 🚔  🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Just keep it as is...it's nice looking. The prizes are not anything crazy. Who cares tbh? Your tank is better than the prizes.

 

 

No kidding, hence the reason I jumped at the idea to purchase it when he offered it to me! Woot! 🐙🦐🦀

 

@This guy is extra saltydoes some AWESOME work, I'm eager to see 2.5 in action!

 

 

And shipping price has been quoted, I AM indeed picking up the "illegal" skimmer tank...lol... 

 

SUPER EXCITED!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Well I have v2.5 being welded right now 

i was rummaging around and I found some pieces that would be a great light stand  I put some blue backing on it and ran it through a matte burmac.

(picture heavy)

.

AGAIN 

.

15C84233-F717-4859-8C0F-31F8CA76E24C.thumb.jpeg.b32d6a086ae5b093f492f63555f27dad.jpeg

FD4FD4B8-6AC7-4346-8CE6-6BF5C0E403C1.thumb.jpeg.6ba76d35450c0d0f59c8446cb13b23fb.jpeg

Above the disqualified tank with yellow orange lid for viewing purposes (your welcome @MetaTank)

B33E6F2F-E357-4392-8744-49DFA5852569.thumb.jpeg.4286263edc2283f96b23ef30a9467fb7.jpeg

“Ole lady yells Burrito feet!”

C3FCF0C5-0CD0-4E25-B8C6-DA5E7D8AF241.thumb.jpeg.c84ac6392ce3b6851903d2917c24f54a.jpeg59C81FF4-0566-417E-B138-5CD2A92D7EED.thumb.jpeg.91bf27c75d06a4fde6b950289ce91ebf.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
3 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Well I have v2.5 being welded right now 

i was rummaging around and I found some pieces that would be a great light stand  I put some blue backing on it and ran it through a matte burmac.

(picture heavy)

.

AGAIN 

.

15C84233-F717-4859-8C0F-31F8CA76E24C.thumb.jpeg.b32d6a086ae5b093f492f63555f27dad.jpeg

FD4FD4B8-6AC7-4346-8CE6-6BF5C0E403C1.thumb.jpeg.6ba76d35450c0d0f59c8446cb13b23fb.jpeg

Above the disqualified tank with yellow orange lid for viewing purposes (your welcome @MetaTank)

B33E6F2F-E357-4392-8744-49DFA5852569.thumb.jpeg.4286263edc2283f96b23ef30a9467fb7.jpeg

“Ole lady yells Burrito feet!”

C3FCF0C5-0CD0-4E25-B8C6-DA5E7D8AF241.thumb.jpeg.c84ac6392ce3b6851903d2917c24f54a.jpeg59C81FF4-0566-417E-B138-5CD2A92D7EED.thumb.jpeg.91bf27c75d06a4fde6b950289ce91ebf.jpeg

omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg

 

 

WOOOOOT!!

 

First of all, nice light stand! I tried to make a stand once...don't hate on me...i used.....pvc :tears:

 

And man, I have plans for this tank...goodness. I'm gonna have a fish room soon...:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
5 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg

 

 

WOOOOOT!!

 

First of all, nice light stand! I tried to make a stand once...don't hate on me...i used.....pvc :tears:

 

And man, I have plans for this tank...goodness. I'm gonna have a fish room soon...:eek:

Lol 😂 are you making one for the janky tank?

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Lol 😂 are you making one for the janky tank?

Naw, the light I'm gonna clip on to the HOB, reinforced with some acrylic so it doesn't break the filter... Janky style

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

You should totally make a hood!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

You should totally make a hood!

To do that, I'd have to steal the light I'm planning on using for my other tank, since it has a much lower profile, and a fan, and would fit in the hood. But who knows, I may decide to craft one down the line. I'm already worried about heat in the tank with the lid, so I wanna get it wet first and then make my decision

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Now comes the part where I will have to reveal my HOB filter 

as for the pump I have two ways I can utilize it (well multiple) 

what  I was planning with my original build is have the pump sit inside the surface skimmer area and have an acrylic tube welded to the output of the pump. So the HOB will/would be one complete piece9F6DADC3-03F5-4A7D-89D8-ABF99419EF65.thumb.jpeg.7d966002586b677c6c2f0d2c24869ccf.jpeg

 

@Christopher Marks do you foresee any issues, that will be tagged?

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

To do that, I'd have to steal the light I'm planning on using for my other tank, since it has a much lower profile, and a fan, and would fit in the hood. But who knows, I may decide to craft one down the line. I'm already worried about heat in the tank with the lid, so I wanna get it wet first and then make my decision

Steal the light for the janky tank!

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Steal the light for the janky tank!

LOL I dunno, I think the light/hood combo would run too hot, and I'd have to run the light on like 20% power...lol

 

Just gotta see how the heat plays a role

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

LOL I dunno, I think the light/hood combo would run too hot, and I'd have to run the light on like 20% power...lol

 

Just gotta see how the heat plays a role

Well you wouldn’t need a heater 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg

I love the color and look of the light stand and wish I could have got the first tank.  It is way better than any tank I have seen.  I can't wait to see what you come up with for this next tank.  One day when I win the lottery or rob a bank I may see if you can make me a tank like it.

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
4 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I love the color and look of the light stand and wish I could have got the first tank.  It is way better than any tank I have seen.  I can't wait to see what you come up with for this next tank.  One day when I win the lottery or rob a bank I may see if you can make me a tank like it.

Thanks🙏 

 

Well It won’t cost you an arm and a leg.. maybe a couple fingers and a foot

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg
8 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Thanks🙏 

 

Well It won’t cost you an arm and a leg.. maybe a couple fingers and a foot

How bout a janky left arm.  It doesn't do me a lot of good anyway.   I think that would be a fair trade.😁  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
18 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

How bout a janky left arm.  It doesn't do me a lot of good anyway.   I think that would be a fair trade.😁  

I got one of those too! Complete with a 6 inch titanium rod and seven "pins" But seen the x-rays, those are screws, damnit! lol :owned:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
18 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

How bout a janky left arm.  It doesn't do me a lot of good anyway.   I think that would be a fair trade.😁  

 

4D5BDA59-8A1E-4418-BC3F-26D66108908D.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg

Yeah looking at the screws in your bones is kinda cool.  In my case a kid at the school about ripped my arm off. He tore 3 tendons, bicep, main vein, nerves, and lymph nodes loose.

  • Wow 4

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

😵wow that is crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
1 hour ago, kimdawg said:

Yeah looking at the screws in your bones is kinda cool.  In my case a kid at the school about ripped my arm off. He tore 3 tendons, bicep, main vein, nerves, and lymph nodes loose.

I don't even wanna know how that went down. Did he just grab you by the arm and swing you around in circles?

 

I broke the ball joint for my shoulder off the bone, and in to 4 pieces. In my case, it was doing something stupid, fell off a downhill skateboard at 45mph.

  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg

Long story short, he attacked one of our special ed kids and I had to break it up.  I was 54 at the time and he was in training for AMA boxing.  He beat the crap out of the kids face before I got there.

  • Sad 4
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tempestas
9 hours ago, kimdawg said:

Yeah looking at the screws in your bones is kinda cool.  In my case a kid at the school about ripped my arm off. He tore 3 tendons, bicep, main vein, nerves, and lymph nodes loose.

Wow...😳. Brachial plexus injuries are never fun. Even worse to repair. Really sorry that that happened to you Kimdawg

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks
14 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Now comes the part where I will have to reveal my HOB filter 

as for the pump I have two ways I can utilize it (well multiple) 

what  I was planning with my original build is have the pump sit inside the surface skimmer area and have an acrylic tube welded to the output of the pump. So the HOB will/would be one complete piece

9F6DADC3-03F5-4A7D-89D8-ABF99419EF65.thumb.jpeg.7d966002586b677c6c2f0d2c24869ccf.jpeg

 

@Christopher Marks do you foresee any issues, that will be tagged?

This is a challenging aspect of a DIY HOB for sure. Hmm. What other idea did you have for plumbing the pump into the HOB filter, if you're able to share? Thanks for checking in with me!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...