ReefCleaners.org

A Little Blue
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

She was fine with the location but wants a taller stand for it. currently it’s on a 15in stand, she wants it at least 30. Which is fine, I just get to go and look for more half inch acrylic and do some heat bending. Problem is it will be an 80x24 sheet😭

$$$ pricey change of plans. 

But I like taller stands as well. 

That’s why I am kissing Spectra’s a$$ to get one of his industrial stands that he came up with for his 2.5. 🤣

• Haha 1
Christopher Marks
11 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

And here goes nothing!

my surface skimmer is installed along with the platform!!  

maybe I should add legs to it so it can be considered a “stand”? (What do y’all think?)

I had to ask my ole lady to hold the light for me while I took photos so all of you can look at its glory 😂

(WARNING! Picture heavy)

7F0639B5-D3B3-4A98-A3B4-123A8B153020.thumb.jpeg.a3f4a2b7092612798999972d98bbe863.jpeg

A top down

853829B2-4508-473D-BE6A-A884BAD5C142.thumb.jpeg.fa4540d27058ee619233824098db2d69.jpeg

Left side

0A373198-B196-47A8-90EA-EAE2CA7161C9.thumb.jpeg.6445b21789ca6560a57b58d11380fbc3.jpeg

Right side which will have an ATO container 

719107B5-2332-4C61-93F7-AF436074E8EA.thumb.jpeg.2002eb9539a3e10e944ca680190c2490.jpegDDB01763-F3F3-45EB-8E5F-66E7EE522ECB.thumb.jpeg.88671c7a39328c4af4bd00b0063408f8.jpeg

Top down of surface skimmer

38032FF6-9B22-4FF9-9DC7-4998EA3455FA.thumb.jpeg.e88b1ec2ff6737403cce36274deb6077.jpeg

Cool as this custom design is, I’m not so sure that it qualifies as a competing tank anymore. The externally plumbed surface skimmer you’ve made appears to be the basis of a fundamental AIO filter, just in a roundabout way. I’m afraid I’ll have to tag it for the rule breaker category. 

• Sad 1
This guy is extra salty
43 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Cool as this custom design is, I’m not so sure that it qualifies as a competing tank anymore. The externally plumbed surface skimmer you’ve made appears to be the basis of a fundamental AIO filter, just in a roundabout way. I’m afraid I’ll have to tag it for the rule breaker category. 

🤔 then all surface skimmers should “tagged” for disqualification..

because

It serves the same purpose as.

basis of a fundamental AIO filter”

whether it is within the tank or not 

Mainly cant have it in tank because it

“takes away from the 12x8 viewport” 

also “the divided wall” part

the only thing that is/now WAS going to inside that area WAS going to be the intake for my HOB filter 

for those of you wondering

“oh it’s going to add water volume” (0.135281385281385 gal if completely full to the brim) which would still fall under the certain half gallon water restrictions with my HOB design that is (0.415584415584416 gal if completely full) 

A Little Blue
44 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

🤔 then all surface skimmers should “tagged” for disqualification..

because

It serves the same purpose as.

basis of a fundamental AIO filter”

whether it is within the tank or not 

Mainly cant have it in tank because it

“takes away from the 12x8 viewport” 

also “the divided wall” part

the only thing that is/now WAS going to inside that area WAS going to be the intake for my HOB filter 

for those of you wondering

“oh it’s going to add water volume” (0.135281385281385 gal if completely full to the brim) which would still fall under the certain half gallon water restrictions with my HOB design that is (0.415584415584416 gal if completely full) 

In today’s “world” it’s called “equality”. 

If you excel, they will kneecap you one way or the other. 😂🤣😂

Still having fun??? 🤭

This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

In today’s “world” it’s called “equality”. 

If you excel, they will kneecap you one way or the other. 😂🤣😂

Still having fun??? 🤭

Well if they want to be technically correct HOB’s should be disallowed since it’s basically and AIO filter..

Nope I have to rebuild...AGAIN 

because it doesn’t Specifically say,

“SURFACE SKIMMERS HAVE TO BE PUT INSIDE THE TANK”

🤦‍♂️

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Well if they want to be technically correct HOB’s should be disallowed since it’s basically and AIO filter..

🤦‍♂️

Let’s just say that rules were not tailored for reefers like you (or me) or to promote innovation. 30 ppl with same tanks and same HOB would be ideal and for some, EXCITING. LOL 

And I know exactly what you’re saying but I’m afraid you do need the other side to have an open mind to even concider any of your arguments. Good luck with that. 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, asting said:

I like that tank.

Off topic, have you ever made acrylic test tube racks?

Yes I have made some for my Hanna checkers

2 hours ago, asting said:

Make a HOB filter that is exactly .5g?

Tank at max allowed dimensions?

Yes I did for both

This guy is extra salty

Getting tired of these rules that are not specific...20DE90C8-5CAD-4011-AD94-FFB521985E03.thumb.jpeg.1d71026f6f959d3f82c4c61dbf3ced98.jpeg

@Christopher Marks what is the deal with surface skimmers? Is it supposed to be a permanent fixture? Or does it have to be “removable”? 

Otherwise you’re going to be tagging a bunch of people that siliconed their surface skimmer in place

This guy is extra salty
47 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Wow, killer tank!!!!! I'm gonna chuck my jank thru my window after seeing this.... thanks lol. 😂🤣

🙏 thanks

I’m making another unfortunately 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

🙏 thanks

I’m making another unfortunately 

I'll take the first one...lol

• Haha 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Getting tired of these rules that are not specific...20DE90C8-5CAD-4011-AD94-FFB521985E03.thumb.jpeg.1d71026f6f959d3f82c4c61dbf3ced98.jpeg

@Christopher Marks what is the deal with surface skimmers? Is it supposed to be a permanent fixture? Or does it have to be “removable”? 

Otherwise you’re going to be tagging a bunch of people that siliconed their surface skimmer in place

It should be inside the tank and connected to the HOB filter intake. 

This guy is extra salty
41 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

It should be inside the tank and connected to the HOB filter intake. 

👌 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

Well since my tank was disqualified and put into “rule breaker” category it’s now scrap.

(Please, Take a moment of silence while I get rid of it) 

I recut everything...again  but I haven’t decided on a background. I’m not using the same background cause that will be lame since the tank is going to someone else that will be able to look at it.

well I also deliver what I promise, I’m donating a 4 (3.5L) chamber dosing container. Matte black top and blue inserts.(I will have to get some JG RO fittings) 

60FE1DF7-F4FC-4E14-B25D-1E300BA7306D.thumb.jpeg.cf17f20b6cdd83d1ccfdab223ffb0063.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

You do beautiful work.  I wish I had your skill, but found out tonight I am not even good at gluing rock together.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

This guy is extra salty
2 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

You do beautiful work.  I wish I had your skill, but found out tonight I am not even good at gluing rock together.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

🙏 thanks!

im trying to decide on a background 

i did a test earlier today by my ole lady hates it. “Why don’t you use the other one” 

Snow_Phoenix

I'm sorry yours was disqualified - it looked really, really nice and I liked the glowing green base. Any chance you can sell it off or use it for something else rather than hacking it down? 😞 

This guy is extra salty

9 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I'm sorry yours was disqualified - it looked really, really nice and I liked the glowing green base. Any chance you can sell it off or use it for something else rather than hacking it down? 😞 

If @MetaTank pays shipping it’s his

(I’ll find out tomorrow the cost)

the platform is separate which I will be reusing. it’s just Florescent green looks great with any saltwater tank lights

cant really hack it down. It’s literally a solid piece. No joke I can stand on it..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

If @MetaTank pays shipping it’s his

(I’ll find out tomorrow the cost)

the platform is separate which I will be reusing. it’s just Florescent green looks great with any saltwater tank lights

cant really hack it down. It’s literally a solid piece. No joke I can stand on it..

fingerscrossed

17 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

🤦‍♂️

Just keep it as is...it's nice looking. The prizes are not anything crazy. Who cares tbh? Your tank is better than the prizes.

• Like 6