Innovative Marine Aquariums

This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Nitrifying bacteria will survive for months without an ammonia source.

A slide puzzle aquascape?  That would be something.
Image result for slide puzzle gif

Well it’s going to be out of water for a 36hr cure..I’ll probably have a mini cycle once it gets wet again.

yea sort of like a slide puzzle 🧩 

Just now, This guy is extra salty said:

Well it’s going to be out of water for a 36hr cure..I’ll probably have a mini cycle once it gets wet again.

Why not put it in a 5 gallon bucket of saltwater with a powerhead?

This guy is extra salty
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

Why not put it in a 5 gallon bucket of saltwater with a powerhead?

The acrylic has to cure with the rock attached 

This guy is extra salty

As I have mentioned I made a stand. lexan doesn’t weld as clean as acrylic does but I can’t argue. Kind of makes it look like the tank is floating..

96363D4B-3168-468E-87F2-2E496F2853C1.thumb.jpeg.7c49715cce7a3d87fd88a22208f4a890.jpeg

E14B28C5-1AA4-49CF-AB8C-73EF54C716AF.thumb.jpeg.ec3e0d61b242bd5df57d040092570aa8.jpegCED065FA-B12F-43C3-874B-C362021FB1B0.thumb.jpeg.16f8b1d8a9eba05849f0d2ffee740a70.jpeg

Y’all will have to wait until i get lights on it.. hopefully this weekend

• Like 10
  • Wow 2
This guy is extra salty
9 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice work!  Stand looks cool.

Thanks! 🙏 

i have to make another shelf for it. A little wobbly for my tastes😩

but mostly the ole lady loves it!

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

As I have mentioned I made a stand. lexan doesn’t weld as clean as acrylic does but I can’t argue. Kind of makes it look like the tank is floating..

96363D4B-3168-468E-87F2-2E496F2853C1.thumb.jpeg.7c49715cce7a3d87fd88a22208f4a890.jpeg

E14B28C5-1AA4-49CF-AB8C-73EF54C716AF.thumb.jpeg.ec3e0d61b242bd5df57d040092570aa8.jpegCED065FA-B12F-43C3-874B-C362021FB1B0.thumb.jpeg.16f8b1d8a9eba05849f0d2ffee740a70.jpeg

Y’all will have to wait until i get lights on it.. hopefully this weekend

11 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Thanks! 🙏 

i have to make another shelf for it. A little wobbly for my tastes😩

but mostly the ole lady loves it!

This is a sexy setup! Glad it was well received! And once again, brother...Congrats. I'll have shipping for the tank wrapped up in a day or so, no worries, and I appreciate you fitting it into your busy life, brother!

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
7 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

This is a sexy setup! Glad it was well received! And once again, brother...Congrats. I'll have shipping for the tank wrapped up in a day or so, no worries, and I appreciate you fitting it into your busy life, brother!

I was kind of scared that she wouldn’t like it. Her first response is “it’s kind of tall”

🤬(she asked for a 36in tall stand for it)

dont worry @MetaTank take your time man, you have other things to worry about. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I was kind of scared that she wouldn’t like it. Her first response is “it’s kind of tall”

🤬(she asked for a 36in tall stand for it)

dont worry @MetaTank take your time man, you have other things to worry about. 

I think it looks really clean, and I think these tiny tanks NEED to be up higher. They sorta invite you to stick your nose up close to the glass/acrylic and stare at the tiny world going by, and if they're too low, you'll always be crouching down, or end up planting a chair in front of it, blocking what looks to be like a doorway?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
48 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I think it looks really clean, and I think these tiny tanks NEED to be up higher. They sorta invite you to stick your nose up close to the glass/acrylic and stare at the tiny world going by, and if they're too low, you'll always be crouching down, or end up planting a chair in front of it, blocking what looks to be like a doorway?

Well we decided to move it cause of the light were on it would keep us awake cause it’s next to the bedroom.

well you still have to kind of stoop down to look at my setup but not necessarily in a squat position.

now comes I have to add a back to the stand for more stability 😭

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Joevember said:

The stand reminds me of the ones ADA makes that are all glass. Very nice look.

That is interesting I had to look them up, very neat!

10 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Well we decided to move it cause of the light were on it would keep us awake cause it’s next to the bedroom.

well you still have to kind of stoop down to look at my setup but not necessarily in a squat position.

now comes I have to add a back to the stand for more stability 😭

Yeah, a back will fix that no problem. I built a SUPER janky stand for my 36 gallon freshwater years ago, and once I added a "back"(mine is in the front) it was solid as a rock. Before that, it was a little...shifty...lol

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
46 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah, a back will fix that no problem. I built a SUPER janky stand for my 36 gallon freshwater years ago, and once I added a "back"(mine is in the front) it was solid as a rock. Before that, it was a little...shifty...lol

Yes a little shifty. I’m glad I saved a couple of the drops from the same sheet. I thought of putting a door on it but I’m kind of digging the “cubby” but I will have to “sand” the lexan where I’m going to weld it cause it’s a special type that has a film on it that is scratch resistant. 

2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Yes a little shifty. I’m glad I saved a couple of the drops from the same sheet. I thought of putting a door on it but I’m kind of digging the “cubby” but I will have to “sand” the lexan where I’m going to weld it cause it’s a special type that has a film on it that is scratch resistant. 

Is it difficult to sand it? I like the cubby style as well.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
44 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Is it difficult to sand it? I like the cubby style as well.

Not really I use 120grit sand paper, but i only have to do that cause of this specific Lexan. Normal lexan I wouldn’t have to do that. 

This guy is extra salty

Ole lady  wanted to see what it would look like with the light on. Plus she changed the location of the tank. 

what do y’all think?

0A4CDC6A-04D8-4874-BCFB-1F848DDC5D18.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
16 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Wow with that stand it really does look like the tank is floating! Nice work

Thanks 🙏 

once the contest is over I’ll probably put the 30 gallon AIO on it. My coworker decided to see the shear strength of it (he weighs 300+) I was leery of him standing on it 😂 

• Like 1

That is one spiffy looking stand. Nice work!!

Although I do have to ask what is up with the sump? 🤔

JK, we know it's for a post-contest upgrade...

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Tempestas said:

That is one spiffy looking stand. Nice work!!

Although I do have to ask what is up with the sump? 🤔

JK, we know it's for a post-contest upgrade...

What sump? Can’t use scratch resistant lexan as material, the special coating will leech toxic stuff into water.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

What sump? Can’t use scratch resistant lexan as material, the special coating will leech toxic stuff into water.

CED065FA-B12F-43C3-874B-C362021FB1B0.thumb.jpeg.16f8b1d8a9eba05849f0d2ffee740a70.jpeg.bc294c97fce99e0b860f47c03e02f327.jpeg

Although now that I look more closely it looks like another tank turned onto it's side.