Pod Your Reef

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Here’s the frag of zoas I got with some other kinda coral in the middle. Anyone know what this is? I love the vibrant red color, but I’ve never seen a coral like it?

DAF696FC-5F1E-44FD-A518-95DE1C7A9DDD.png

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Here’s the frag of zoas I got with some other kinda coral in the middle. Anyone know what this is? I love the vibrant red color, but I’ve never seen a coral like it?

To me they look like it could be Ricordea Yuma mushrooms. Not sure though 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
16 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Maybe it is a sponge or partially closed zoas.

You could just ask UC. 

Yea your right, I should’ve just done that in the first place🤦‍♂️😂

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

They still haven’t gotten back with me yet, but hopefully they will at least get back with me before my order arrives tomorrow 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Could be a type of red tunicate? If so, they're a filter feeder that is hard to keep alive. Tidal gardens did a video on them a while back

• Like 2
12 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

They still haven’t gotten back with me yet, but hopefully they will at least get back with me before my order arrives tomorrow 

When are they arriving? share the tracking details so i can watch delivery in live time! lmao

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

When are they arriving? share the tracking details so i can watch delivery in live time! lmao

They just arrived! I kid you not, they got here 5 minutes ago. I’m letting the bags float in the water then I’m gonna start acclimating them. 

We have a slight problem tho 

They gave me a free frag

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s an acro frag🤦‍♂️

I did not want an acro at all

What should I do? My LFS is closed? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It’s an acro frag🤦‍♂️

I did not want an acro at all

What should I do? My LFS is closed? 

Same as the rest of the SPS, acclimate it and place it on the sandbed 

Why do you not want an Acro?

Pictures!!!!!

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I was having some communication issues with unique corals and I was joking with them and said that you guys should throw in an extra frag bc of the issues we had. But I was joking, I even said JK after it😂🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Ratvan said:

Same as the rest of the SPS, acclimate it and place it on the sandbed 

Why do you not want an Acro?

Pictures!!!!!

Bc I don’t think I’m ready for an acro, people have told me that I’m not ready. But I’ll try my best to keep it healthy and alive

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Here’s the pictures of them floating in the water. The acanthophyllia is huge. It said 3 inches, but this looks quite a bit bigger than that

5AF0B180-C409-48DC-88CB-2C82299CD7EF.jpeg

FAC2DF39-6E2C-4F94-8156-FB85BFAA4AF0.jpeg

224C268C-8550-45AC-AE33-773188383D2D.jpeg

416CFFCD-44D0-4667-ADE4-4989DE112987.jpeg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Bc I don’t think I’m ready for an acro, people have told me that I’m not ready. But I’ll try my best to keep it healthy and alive

Keep the parameters stable, dont stress it too much by moving it all the time (and dont let Hermits knock them into the sand 😭) you should be okay

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Everything has been acclimated and added to the tank! I’m just waiting for the acanthophyllia to open up. I literally just added them to the tank, so obviously they aren’t gonna be opened up all the way. I just pray that I gave him enough room. Sorry, these are also not the best pictures, I’ll get some better pictures later. I’m using an old iPad right now and the camera is not very good. 

495043EA-3B33-4BEB-81EC-1D94F81257D6.jpeg

3E653FDC-8A2A-4978-9409-BC6CDC3424C7.jpeg

E1156396-229B-4827-A700-121802C1E223.jpeg

C62BAC5F-6B2B-4EA7-B296-F9E4627280F3.jpeg

0C1DC9D9-D64B-480D-88BA-C8719F4F2CA2.jpeg

EBCAE2CC-D0BD-4B59-958E-D4793F2546BC.jpeg

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Uniquecorals also got back with me and they said that it is a colonial tunicate on the zoas. If so, do they usually not survive?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Uniquecorals also got back with me and they said that it is a colonial tunicate on the zoas. If so, do they usually not survive?

Not usually no. 

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Not usually no. 

Darn, I love how these look. Never seen a tunicate that was so colorful. UniqueCorals’s said that these tunicates are thriving in their systems, but they can’t promise that they will continue to thrive in mine

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Darn, I love how these look. Never seen a tunicate that was so colorful. UniqueCorals’s said that these tunicates are thriving in their systems, but they can’t promise that they will continue to thrive in mine

Just depends on each tank and some tunicates are easier, some harder, some photosynthetic.

This is a good read:

https://www.qualitymarine.com/News/Species-Spotlight/Bizarre-and-Surprising,-Sea-Squirt-Care-is-a-New-Type-of-Challenge.-(07/16/13)

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Just depends on each tank and some tunicates are easier, some harder, some photosynthetic.

This is a good read:

https://www.qualitymarine.com/News/Species-Spotlight/Bizarre-and-Surprising,-Sea-Squirt-Care-is-a-New-Type-of-Challenge.-(07/16/13)

Thank you for the article on that. It was interesting. Well I hope I got a hardy photosynthetic kind of tunicate. That would be nice

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, wiigelec said:

No quarantine?

I don’t have a quarantine tank, I just dip the corals then I introduce them. That’s always seemed to work for me, but I should invest in a quarantine tank.