Innovative Marine Aquariums

ReefGoat

Time for my first crappy photo dump! The coral crumbs I got from a friend seem to be doing great. The Idaho grape and red monti cap have been there for a little while and are starting to encrust and spread a little. Those aren't new.  

Hollywood stunner

IMG_20190219_1827222~3.jpg

Unknown green across that is surprisingly holding its color. 

IMG_20190219_1827132~3.jpg

• Like 1

Tank turns 5 months old soon. I can't believe ive even made it this far. Ill make another drive this weekend and see about some new livestock. It's time for Moar FISH

• Like 2

Not reef related but figured it was finally time to trade in the 2dr old red for a more family ride. Sucks to be back to bone stock again. I'll try not to let it cut into the reefing budget too much. Lol

IMG_20190212_185139_01.jpg

• Like 1

Welp there must a freaking Wrasse shortage because another week goes by and they couldn't procure my fish that I ordered through them. What's up with fish stores carrying an abundance of the same old fish? Six Lines and Clowns............. I don't really want to order the little guys online. I'd rather pick them up from a LFS. I suppose I may have to just make a trip to Houston soon or just order them online. On the bright side.........I'm going to my friends house to pick up a good size frag pack of some more coral crumbs! This one should have a lot more frags because I'm bringing some good old American Dollars lol. Oh yeah the tank turns 5 months old on TUESDAY 

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty
1 minute ago, ReefGoat said:

Welp there must a freaking Wrasse shortage because another week goes by and they couldn't procure my fish that I ordered through them. What's up with fish stores carrying an abundance of the same old fish? Six Lines and Clowns............. I don't really want to order the little guys online. I'd rather pick them up from a LFS. I suppose I may have to just make a trip to Houston soon or just order them online. I bet they have the goods! On the bright side.........I'm going to my friends house to pick up a good size frag pack of some more coral crumbs! This one should have a little more frags because I'm bringing some good old American Dollars lol. Oh yeah the tank turns 5 months old on TUESDAY 

Is the indo-export ban still in place, and did it apply to fish?

I've noticed this happening myself, actually. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, mwhitelock said:

Yeah I think it is and I'm pretty sure it was all marine animals. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mwhitelock said:

9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah I think it is and I'm pretty sure it was all marine animals. I could be wrong though.

I mean I can get what I want on Live Aquaria. But I just don't want the lil guy to be DOA. But yeah the ban is probably affecting the hobby quite a bit.

thecoralbeauty
2 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

I mean I can get what I want on Live Aquaria. But I just don't want the lil guy to be DOA. But yeah the ban is probably affecting the hobby quite a bit.

Live Aquaria actually does really well with fish- but if you can, order the largest size you can accommodate. Larger fish seem to handle shipping better than the little guys. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

I ordered my first fish from divers den. He actually came in really well packed. I had never ordered online before, but it was really painless.

I had the problem with cichlids, I always tried to give local fish stores the business, but they never had what I was looking for and never tried to get me the ones that I wanted. That was the last time I had bought fish until I set up the saltwater tank. I wanted the blenny I have now, but nobody had them so I ordered from divers den instead. 

Good luck with the fish hunt 🙂 I can't believe mines going to be 1, time went buy kinda quick. Now I just have to get the 75 up and running.

• Like 1
blizzardscout2

Nice Jeep! I’m jealous as I got a truck instead, but it suits my family needs right now. 

As for the Wrasse I would check in with them again. LFS tend to put together lists for orders and place when they have a big enough order. I sometimes have to wait months for a specific fish. 😏

• Like 1
On 2/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I ordered my first fish from divers den. He actually came in really well packed. I had never ordered online before, but it was really painless.

I had the problem with cichlids, I always tried to give local fish stores the business, but they never had what I was looking for and never tried to get me the ones that I wanted. That was the last time I had bought fish until I set up the saltwater tank. I wanted the blenny I have now, but nobody had them so I ordered from divers den instead. 

Good luck with the fish hunt 🙂 I can't believe mines going to be 1, time went buy kinda quick. Now I just have to get the 75 up and running.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, mwhitelock said:

Live Aquaria actually does really well with fish- but if you can, order the largest size you can accommodate. Larger fish seem to handle shipping better than the little guys. 

Live aquaria it is then! 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:30 PM, blizzardscout2 said:

Nice Jeep! I’m jealous as I got a truck instead, but it suits my family needs right now. 

As for the Wrasse I would check in with them again. LFS tend to put together lists for orders and place when they have a big enough order. I sometimes have to wait months for a specific fish. 😏

Yeah I love it. They are releasing the gladiator soon. You should check it out. Its a wrangler with a pickup bed lol

11 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

picked up this cutie today

IMG_20190302_1906502~2.jpg

New chalice crumb

IMG_20190302_1905135~2.jpg

Sorry to bombard you with “likes”...... I was catching up!

thats a nice looking clown 😊

14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Sorry to bombard you with “likes”...... I was catching up!

thats a nice looking clown 😊

No worries! Thank you. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Tank is looking good :wizard:

oh so I just wanted to let you know that the reef rx is starting to work in my tank. Fingers crossed I can finally kick it lol. Changed some habits too, so hopefully won't have that problem again..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Tank is looking good :wizard:

oh so I just wanted to let you know that the reef rx is starting to work in my tank. Fingers crossed I can finally kick it lol. Changed some habits too, so hopefully won't have that problem again..

Right on I'm going to head over and check it out on lunch break. Thanks too btw. I can't wait to see how my tank does in the next few months and I'll really have the confidence to drop some cash on some large frag packs from some nicer vendors

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, ReefGoat said:

Right on I'm going to head over and check it out on lunch break. Thanks too btw. I can't wait to see how my tank does in the next few months and I'll really have the confidence to drop some cash on some large frag packs from some nicer vendors

I have a realllly shitty youtube video I shot after I added some stuff from the ct frag market on Saturday. I'm waiting for the corals to open up fully. I think I may mess with some time lapse video so I can watch the algae die lol. Thanks for checking it out.

• Like 1