inTank Media Baskets

20 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Lol, did you fashion Ms Cinnamon a set of pasties out of the blue tape? 

Yup. Gonna surprise her on christmas with some hanging jewelry so she can make them into tassles.

• Haha 3
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Why did you have the parts of a lady anyway.....Were you trying to make a real girl? 

I think it was Jacks buddy so he could drive in the carpool lane on the freeway...........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, spectra said:

I think it was Jacks buddy so he could drive in the carpool lane on the freeway...........

There was a much smaller hole in the base of the other leg..... idk if it was the same type of car pool most people do...

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Why did you have the parts of a lady anyway.....Were you trying to make a real girl? 

Jack's favorite movie was wierd science growing up. 

• Haha 3
On 12/14/2018 at 7:34 PM, patback said:

@johnmaloney

What kind of snail is this?  A couple of them hitchhiked in. 

20181214_174034.jpg

20181214_174037.jpg

Those look like the virgin nerites I've gotten from Gulf Coast Ecosystems before.  Secret Santa pics are hilarious lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, spectra said:

Thought I would try it ....... Mrs Jack said I might get pulled over for indecent exposure. 

• Like 2

I thought this was kind of cool.  This is my junk corner.  It's in the back with real crap flow underneath one of the mp10s. Just filled with empty hermit shells, a crap rock and crap mushrooms.  ( that are ending up all over the tank in random crevices)

Anyways, I just realized I have a nice chunk of plating coraline growing on it.  It's about the diameter of a golf ball.

20181230_130425.thumb.jpg.e59ceba93ea592c251a2c6d813620fef.jpg

20 minutes ago, patback said:

I thought this was kind of cool.  This is my junk corner.  It's in the back with real crap flow underneath one of the mp10s. Just filled with empty hermit shells, a crap rock and crap mushrooms.  ( that are ending up all over the tank in random crevices)

Anyways, I just realized I have a nice chunk of plating coraline growing on it.  It's about the diameter of a golf ball.

20181230_130425.thumb.jpg.e59ceba93ea592c251a2c6d813620fef.jpg

Looks like Idaho grape 🤨

Crap start to the new year.  

I had just gotten home and seen microbubbles galore in the tank.  Shouldn't have been happening because I filled the ato right before I left 2 days ago.  Apparently we had a power outage and when it came back on, the skimmer went crazy again and overflowed again causing the ato to empty out.

Salt creep on everything, the doser is toast and now needs to be replaced from all the salt water splashing on it.  Salinity is still good at 1.025.  

Huge inconvenience but I honestly would have gotten over it once it was cleaned up but when the power came on, the mp10s surged at the same time and blew shit everywhere. Multiple frags on the rack were on top of eachother.  

Torch fell on the meat coral.  Only two I'm concerned about are new ones from harry.  😞

the monti fell onto of one of the acros.  Acro looks to have minimal damage but the monti has a decent amount. 

• Sad 3

Here's the aftermath. Nothing looks too terrible. 

Oh yeah,  clam got knocked off the rack and somehow under the meat.  Will need to burp it and place it back somewhere safe once my arms are clean enough to be in the tank. 

20190101_184358.jpg

• Like 2

How is the dosing going? Thought I read you are manually dosing or something bc your doser wont dose that low of an amount? What a pain!!! You ever consider diluting the 2 part with rodi so you can up the amount of fluid being added without upping the actual dosage?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weikel said:

How is the dosing going? Thought I read you are manually dosing or something bc your doser wont dose that low of an amount? What a pain!!! You ever consider diluting the 2 part with rodi so you can up the amount of fluid being added without upping the actual dosage?

Thought about it but never took the time to do the math and measure everything out.  

Harry saved the day again though, as he had 2 dosers left over that I was looking at getting and is in the mail now. 🙂

Good news on the monti too.  It doesnt seem to be losing any more flesh.  It all seems localized and the pieces that were hanging are now gone.  Acro still looks the same, which I guess is a good thing.  I never would have thought acros would be tougher than montipora.  

• Like 3

Acros best montipora in my experience UNTIL the montipora shades them out. The growth others is actually prettying neat as you see the montipora clump over the acros, keeping a small distance away from the acro’s polyps. 

Re frag rack issues: that’s why I coughed up the bucks for Zen reef locking racks. Not only are they impossible to remove without 2 hands, but the silicon layer prevents frags from ever getting loose. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Acros best montipora in my experience UNTIL the montipora shades them out. The growth others is actually prettying neat as you see the montipora clump over the acros, keeping a small distance away from the acro’s polyps. 

Re frag rack issues: that’s why I coughed up the bucks for Zen reef locking racks. Not only are they impossible to remove without 2 hands, but the silicon layer prevents frags from ever getting loose. 

I actually had glue in my hands already to glue the frags to their permenant spots but being that I wasnt going to be home for the weekend I decided against it.  Wish I did now. :Lol:

this weekend I think everything is going to get placed. 

Got the hana salinity reader in today.  Sort of a let down... one of the probes is crooked and their is a spillover I guess youd call it of what looks like graphite on the inside of the two probes.  

Calibrated it anyway and tested my tank.  1.025!  Spot on.... but then as the temp registered closer to actual temp, it kept going down all the way to 1.022.  Wtf.... 

7 minutes ago, patback said:

Got the hana salinity reader in today.  Sort of a let down... one of the probes is crooked and their is a spillover I guess youd call it of what looks like graphite on the inside of the two probes.  

Calibrated it anyway and tested my tank.  1.025!  Spot on.... but then as the temp registered closer to actual temp, it kept going down all the way to 1.022.  Wtf.... 

I use one of these...........https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-MA887-Refractometer-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B007Z4ITWU

paid a lot less as it as the deal of the day at Marine Depot one day. The thing is great........

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, patback said:

I saw multiple people complaining about it on Facebook and R2R. Seems that they may have missed the mark on that one... 

Hows the dosing going? Did you order new tubes for em, or gonna use them as-is? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I use one of these...........https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-MA887-Refractometer-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B007Z4ITWU

paid a lot less as it as the deal of the day at Marine Depot one day. The thing is great........

Thought about one of those but I already have a hard enough time storing all my reef stuff.  The hana is about the size of a handheld tds meter.  

I'm going to put a small bowl of tank water and let it get to room temperature and try it again.  

Nowhere in the directions does it say it doesnt auto adjust or to not test water directly from the tank.  

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

I saw multiple people complaining about it on Facebook and R2R. Seems that they may have missed the mark on that one... 

Hows the dosing going? Did you order new tubes for em, or gonna use them as-is? 

I have the new tubes, a gyre and a fragging kit coming in the mail.  I just got notice today that it is waiting for ups pick up. 🙂

• Like 1

Dosing is going well by hand still.  I'm actually dancing around the fact that I need to get up and do a full round of tests to make sure everything is still in check with one another.  I know my magnesium is a little low.  This will be my first time actually dosing it.  

2 minutes ago, patback said:

I have the new tubes, a gyre and a fragging kit coming in the mail.  I just got notice today that it is waiting for ups pick up. 🙂

Sweet.

Unfortunately, sounds like you didnt order the required grease for the tubes... so you're gonna be delayed. 😞 Its mandatory; the tubes come totally dry. I can send you it using 2-day if you want it ~Thursday instead of having to wait for BRS ground. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-drew-s-doser-tube-lubricant.html