ReefCleaners.org

5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Send it 2 day in good weather? 

You think it would be possible?  I've shipped some "bad shippers" before but never an anemone. NY weather is pretty unpredictable...atleast the news stations make it seem that way. 

I just dont want a wandering nem crawling around, especially after I mounted two sticks on the same rock. 

37 minutes ago, patback said:

@Weikel... half of shipping cost and its yours?

Hey thanks for thinking of me buddy. As much as Iwould  love a bta it pisses me off when they go wondering.. I like my coral to stay where I put them lmao..  Now you get some of that sps growing i will take some f rags off ya in a heartbeat hahaha... Thanks again for the offer😁

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Hey thanks for thinking of me buddy. As much as Iwould  love a bta it pisses me off when they go wondering.. I like my coral to stay where I put them lmao..  Now you get some of that sps growing i will take some f rags off ya in a heartbeat hahaha... Thanks again for the offer😁

You got it.  Harry set the bar up high for me.  As long as I'm getting growth, a good lawncrew member will not pay anything for a frag from any of these sps. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Blue one looks interesting. 

The one below it (also interesting) seems stressed but it could be camera overexposure. 

The one underneath is a light lavender color.  They were only selling the whole colony, about the length of my forearm but I talked them into just snipping a piece off.  For the price, I'm willing to take the gamble on it.  Due to the denseness of the colony, there was definitely alot of shadowing going on.  If it survives, it will be a killer piece. 

• Like 3
A Little Blue
3 hours ago, patback said:

The one underneath is a light lavender color.  They were only selling the whole colony, about the length of my forearm but I talked them into just snipping a piece off.  For the price, I'm willing to take the gamble on it.  Due to the denseness of the colony, there was definitely alot of shadowing going on.  If it survives, it will be a killer piece. 

Seems like frag of a wild, tabling acro colony. I can get them very reasonably priced but I did not have much luck with the wild things. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think it was @Weikel that mentioned no updates for this tank in a while.

Came home today and was able to get a shot just before the lights dimmed all the way. 

I'm not sure why but the coral look a bit washed out.  

20190313_185610.thumb.jpg.8723a14f9508a2eea23f2895e15ea209.jpg

Getting decent growth on everything for the most part.  The candy canes are in a back corner now and seem like they are doing good.  Sun corals have been moved to the sump and arent looking good.  I'm wondering if they have some sort of fungus or something because no matter what I do, they stopped opening and are just melting away. 

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, patback said:

I think it was @Weikel that mentioned no updates for this tank in a while.

Came home today and was able to get a shot just before the lights dimmed all the way. 

I'm not sure why but the coral look a bit washed out.  

20190313_185610.thumb.jpg.8723a14f9508a2eea23f2895e15ea209.jpg

Getting decent growth on everything for the most part.  The candy canes are in a back corner now and seem like they are doing good.  Sun corals have been moved to the sump and arent looking good.  I'm wondering if they have some sort of fungus or something because no matter what I do, they stopped opening and are just melting away. 

Is that the nano rox on the back wall?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Is that the nano rox on the back wall?

Yes mam. 

I love the nanorox.  I want to pick up another one. 

• Like 2

Haha nice buddy glad to see you still have a tank😉... looking good!!! Juts got off a 14 hour work day and choking down a few cold ones hoping to get some good sleep 1😎

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 hours ago, patback said:

Yes mam. 

I love the nanorox.  I want to pick up another one. 

I have one, but no place to put it in the 20. I'm going to put it in the 75 though. I love it, it looks really good.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have one, but no place to put it in the 20. I'm going to put it in the 75 though. I love it, it looks really good.

It looks even better wet.  Which one did you get?

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, patback said:

It looks even better wet.  Which one did you get?

Not sure lol. I actually got it from bana, she wasn't gonna use it cause she didn't have room for it. I was gonna use it in mine, but I don't have really any good place for it. It will be in the 75 though cause I really like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got lots of stuff to do but I'm feeling lazy. I need to do a water change and some testing and make a shit ton of water.  My float valve ato needs to be cleaned as it stopped dripping water and I need to set up my jbj ato to top off my top off as I'll be away for a while and dont have anyone to watch the tank.  May just need to get someone to pop in and put the tubing into a second bucket halfway through my trip. 

Also need to mix up some rodi with calcium and alkalinity to dilute it a bit and re adjust the dosers. 

• Like 1
On 3/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Not sure lol. I actually got it from bana, she wasn't gonna use it cause she didn't have room for it. I was gonna use it in mine, but I don't have really any good place for it. It will be in the 75 though cause I really like it.

I think you have the Troy Acan then if its the one Bana had.  That was one of the first ones I made.  I've gotten better since then. 😀  

I have been working on some pico stuff lately but have some new things coming out soon for tanks a bit larger as well as some pretty off the wall stuff (Wrass dens, AIO conversion kits for standard 10 gallons w/build in NanoRox drop off, etc. ) 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
17 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I think you have the Troy Acan then if its the one Bana had.  That was one of the first ones I made.  I've gotten better since then. 😀  

I have been working on some pico stuff lately but have some new things coming out soon for tanks a bit larger as well as some pretty off the wall stuff (Wrass dens, AIO conversion kits for standard 10 gallons w/build in NanoRox drop off, etc. ) 

Any sneak peek pics you can post?  Nobody really comes in here anyway, so it would be like a top secret sneak peak. 

• Haha 1

Oh, and @NanoRox, coral encrusted seamlessly onto the picorox.  No hesitation of any gap or anything.  I think literally one day it was just one the plug and the next day it was creeping onto the rock itself. 

20190323_124511.thumb.jpg.2c2647b04d0d1dea911972dd9de00a8e.jpg

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 hours ago, NanoRox said:

Oh nice! I can't wait to be able to use it. Sucks not having the room in the 20.

4 hours ago, patback said:

Oh, and @NanoRox, coral encrusted seamlessly onto the picorox.  No hesitation of any gap or anything.  I think literally one day it was just one the plug and the next day it was creeping onto the rock itself. 

oh wow, that's awesome man

• 1 month later...

Spilt saltwater down the wall and heard a loud bzzzzt sound.  Unplugged everything, dried off the plugs and stuck them back in and it seems all is good now. 

I was planning on going up to the fish store with the wife and picking some stuff up but now I feel it's best I sit around and watch.  Sucks.  

In better news, the tank is 100% algae free.  I used reef flux for a little over 2 weeks.  No skimmer at all.  The next point in the plan is to actually do a nice clean up of the skimmer today and put it back in line.  I am also thinking of turning the ato into a refugium and using the jbj as an ato with an external container for the rodi.

The strange calcified algae in the mp10s also seem to have survived the reef flux and even grew, which I am happy about. 

I also think the one sexy shrimp may have eggs. It looks fat AF and is keeping to itself ontop of the gyre, but facing in a direction that you cant see its underside.  Been that way for a few days now.  I'll try to get some fts photos soon.  Other than that, I feel like everything is status quo.  No issues at all.  I'm hoping keeping up on water changes for the next month or so will keep that algae at bay and all will be good. 🙂

• Like 2
On 3/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, patback said:

Comparison.  1 month apart. 

20190428_163232.thumb.jpg.087fef81d37c442eecd4c4d7b5dddc72.jpg

The other side of the stalk has much more branches growing off than this side. I'm thinking the lighting may be to high still and may try to lower it and get even growth. 

• Like 2