Pod Your Reef

So as an update...

The move went well.  No casualties occured which is great.  I basically threw everything in the tank once it was warm enough and left it for the past month and a half.  

Today was the first day I actually did anything with it.  Loose coral were situated and glued, All equipment except 1 mp10 is back up and running.  I also added sand finally, as well as a maxi mini that has dissapeared, a pygmy hawkfish, and a tail spot blenny.   

I still need to finish scraping the glass and do a water change. Maybe a water test is in order, but tomorrow is another day. 

• Like 2

Definitely not show off quality but I wanted to post pictures every once in a while to keep track of stuff.  Growth came to a slowdown and sps are looking light in color.  Hoping I can get then back to the former glory. 

20190624_185149.thumb.jpg.d257dc49e44cf8c5f4fd657ea2febb21.jpg

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, patback said:

Definitely not show off quality but I wanted to post pictures every once in a while to keep track of stuff.  Growth came to a slowdown and sps are looking light in color.  Hoping I can get then back to the former glory. 

20190624_185149.thumb.jpg.d257dc49e44cf8c5f4fd657ea2febb21.jpg

Looks good to me 🤷🏻‍♀️😊

• Thanks 1

I think you are right on both counts. I almost went with a bigger tank when we moved though.. .

Also talking the sister inlaw into starting a fowlr.  Trying to get my big fish fix through her. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Picked up two button scolys.  Waiting for one to open up.  As you can see, even rinsing the sand well from when I moved the tank I'm still battling some red and green slime issues and montis still seem to bounce back, look like shit again, then Bounce back again.  Wierd corals.  Right now they are on their crappy phase.  

20190728_174906.thumb.jpg.b5b02d23e1a6efd1b992c3b96d892aa6.jpg20190728_183340.thumb.jpg.665eacbbedc052f237874de4572c6d7e.jpg20190728_183348.thumb.jpg.973c0cd4cbb433a0badcf98f40b75445.jpg

• Like 5
20 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Should be some nice peices when they open up, you will have to post some more photos!!!

20190729_160939.thumb.jpg.dc5c18a8096d3b708c35ab7cddf533cd.jpg

second one is finally opened up.  

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Those look nice! I think I like the top one the most. 

Thank you!  That is the "ultra".  Theres atleast one more I really want. Bright yellow with orange stripes, but 125 for one the size of a dime that didnt look tip top, I think I'm gonna pass. I still want to pick up a few different colors of the 40-45 dollar ones. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, patback said:

Thank you!  That is the "ultra".  Theres atleast one more I really want. Bright yellow with orange stripes, but 125 for one the size of a dime that didnt look tip top, I think I'm gonna pass. I still want to pick up a few different colors of the 40-45 dollar ones. 

I’ve never considered them for some reason......... now I want one. 😄

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I think they’re cute! Mine is like his green one. That ultra is pretty too.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, patback said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031b20190729_160939.thumb.jpg.dc5c18a8096d3b708c35ab7cddf533cd.jpg

second one is finally opened up.  

I like it.. looks very ultra 😉... does have some bright stripes on it!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They are a nice pop of color wherever you may feel like something needs to be broken up.  I'm planning on making little basket type holders for the bases and going to have them held a bit off the rock work with small branching rocks. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, patback said:

They are a nice pop of color wherever you may feel like something needs to be broken up.  I'm planning on making little basket type holders for the bases and going to have them held a bit off the rock work with small branching rocks. 

One of my customers cements his to pieces of flat rock to keep them off the sand. Those are nice little Tongan Scolys.

• Like 2