SaltCritters.com

100 Days of Nanos Contest Final Results!

Christopher Marks

Choose the best 100 Days of Nanos Contestant for each category: (Pick 3 Winners Total)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best Overall

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue
  2. 2. Best Aquascape

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue
  3. 3. Most Frugal

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2017 at 06:59 AM

15 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I don't know. Can go either ay I think. You know I love your tank. Anyway, I'm not really worried, it's all good!

And vice versa! I love yours :) I think it's my favorite 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, TILTON said:

Can the contestants please put current full tank shots on their first post to make it easier to find.  

The links in the contest summary point to the latest FTS the contestants posted.

16 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

But we can't vote more than once, can we?

You have 3 total votes - one for each category.

• Like 2
On 8/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, metrokat said:

Good gosh I am only just realizing how difficult it is to choose who to vote for. :o

That is no joke, I debated for a solid 30 min going back and forth on multiple devices so I could compare better.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Boggers said:

That is no joke, I debated for a solid 30 min going back and forth on multiple devices so I could compare better.

I know exactly what you mean!!!

For me there is a clear winner in one category, but in 2 others it's very difficult to vote for just one, although I have a couple people that I think deserve it. 

• Like 1

OMG so hard to pick I enjoyed this contest more than I thought I would considering I was not in it. In the beginning I truly was interested in how the newbies would do. Knowing the members that had previous experience and mature tanks to pull livestock from had in my mind an almost unfair advantage. In the end to narrow it down I eliminated the members that fell behind or missed the most updates. I know that the updates must have been as time consuming as taking care of the tank but it was one of the rules and I had to start some where. Plus some of my favorite's will get a vote in the second part like the struggle bus. Any way thank you to all that entered, to the sponsors, and of course Christopher, Kat, and  Jedi. So much fun to watch and learned a lot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

OMG so hard to pick I enjoyed this contest more than I thought I would considering I was not in it. In the beginning I truly was interested in how the newbies would do. Knowing the members that had previous experience and mature tanks to pull livestock from had in my mind an almost unfair advantage. In the end to narrow it down I eliminated the members that fell behind or missed the most updates. I know that the updates must have been as time consuming as taking care of the tank but it was one of the rules and I had to start some where. Plus some of my favorite's will get a vote in the second part like the struggle bus. Any way thank you to all that entered, to the sponsors, and of course Christopher, Kat, and  Jedi. So much fun to watch and learned a lot.

I'm trying to think of which category I'd fall into, since I managed to make really dumb/lazy mistakes that more or less destroyed all my corals anyway... My Fusion 20 is currently chugging along with some of @metrokat's beauties, though I've already managed to brown a frag... :blush: Don't judge me, Kat, I'm working on it!

The contest did teach me that nothing good is going to happen if I don't keep up with the tank, though. So I'll be merging the contest and Fusion tanks and managing time better - maybe my tag line will change?! 

• Like 6
coralcousins

Only 66 members have voted as of right now ? :eek: what a low turn out for almost a week of voting. I thought it was going to be in the hundreds at least lol

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

Only 66 members have voted as of right now ? :eek: what a low turn out for almost a week of voting. I thought it was going to be in the hundreds at least lol

YEs me too! 

18 minutes ago, coralcousins said:

And 15 of those people were us I'm sure - three Kat, ben and CM. So almost 1/3 were people involved in the contest! 

In other words, vote people! We want to hear from you! 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, stellablue said:

And 15 of those people were us I'm sure - three Kat, ben and CM. So almost 1/3 were people involved in the contest! 

I really thought more contestants would have voted for their own tanks.

Being the last day of voting, it seems like:

• Penny will take best overall
  • Stella will take best aquascape (probably outright, but it will default to her even if Penny gets a couple more votes)
  • Lea will take most frugal

All three of these were exceptional tanks and deserve to win.  However, it wasn't nearly as cut and dried as that.  There were many excellent entries.

• Like 5

I thought Sunday was the last day.

I'd be ok losing to either @stellablue or @lkoechle, both have superb tanks.

20 minutes ago, stellablue said:

@Pjanssen @coralcousins @Mariaface I added a thread in the beginners forum about our contest and a link to the voting! I feel like all the info contained in our tank journals and final remarks is good info for beginners! 

good idea. I was just thinking about going to the lounge and posting something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

Oh, you are so right.  I was premature.  Sorry.  :blush:

It's ok - we forgive you! And I agree with Penny on I'm happy losing to either her or Lea. I think penny's is absolutely amazing. From the wood surround to stocking - complete package! I can't wait to see where all these tanks go and if they start popping up as featured tanks in about a year. 

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I think voting will pick up at the end. What time does voting end on Sunday?

I thought midnight.

On August 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Polls close Sunday August 27, 2017 at 11:59PM PST and winners will be officially announced on Monday August 28th!

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to 100 Days of Nanos Contest Final Results!
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic