ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos Contest Final Results!

Christopher Marks

Choose the best 100 Days of Nanos Contestant for each category: (Pick 3 Winners Total)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best Overall

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue
  2. 2. Best Aquascape

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue
  3. 3. Most Frugal

• Addinali
    • coral_chef
    • Coralcousins
    • FateX9
    • lkoechle
    • Luu78
    • Mariaface
    • MaineReefKeeper
    • MrMikeKim
    • nanoSteve
    • Pjanssen
    • Sabrefencer
    • Seafurn
    • Spectra
    • Stellablue

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2017 at 06:59 AM

almost forgot to vote! 

hate to be the nitpicky dude, but it would be great if there is a single page or post with pics and elevator pitch / shark tank pitch of each contestant tank.  I bet most people voted based on people they follow without going through each individual thread.  I know OP has a list of contestants with short summary and links to their thread but picture is worth a thousand pods.  And the elevator pitch (just a few sentence similar to the OP summary but written BY the contestant) will give contestant a chance to showcase their personality too.

• Like 5
coralcousins
3 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

almost forgot to vote! 

hate to be the nitpicky dude, but it would be great if there is a single page or post with pics and elevator pitch / shark tank pitch of each contestant tank.  I bet most people voted based on people they follow without going through each individual thread.  I know OP has a list of contestants with short summary and links to their thread but picture is worth a thousand pods.  And the elevator pitch (just a few sentence similar to the OP summary but written BY the contestant) will give contestant a chance to showcase their personality too.

That's what I thought the final FTS was for. So on the voting page there would be one picture being the final FTS and the short summary. The voters could do a quick skim through and vote or click through the contest journals and vote. It seems the poll gets the views but not the votes.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

almost forgot to vote! 

That would have been easier for members that didn't follow the 100 days. Maybe next time.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Can the same person win all the categories? 

No, once someone wins a category, they are no longer eligible to win the other categories.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, seabass said:

No, once someone wins a category, they are no longer eligible to win the other categories.

So PJ wins #1, Stella #2, IK #3? 

• Like 1

Well I tried to wait until the last minute to vote, but then I realized the deadline is midnight Pacific time and I still had three hours.

I had a tough time with this, as I got busy right when the contest started, so I didn't keep up with all the contest threads. But I did catch up on the FTS thread and was able to read through the final write ups each contestant provided. 

I'm so impressed with what all the contestants achieved! Some of my takeaways:

- It's really hard to get a tank going well in 100 days

- It's really really hard to get a good looking tank going in 100 days, even for very experienced reefers

- If you want to get a good looking tank in 100 days, you better be ready to love macros, gorgs, and sponges :lol:

Congratulations to all the contestants! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
On 8/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, metrokat said:

Polls close midnight sunday

6 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Well I tried to wait until the last minute to vote, but then I realized the deadline is midnight Pacific time and I still had three hours.

I had a tough time with this, as I got busy right when the contest started, so I didn't keep up with all the contest threads. But I did catch up on the FTS thread and was able to read through the final write ups each contestant provided. 

I'm so impressed with what all the contestants achieved! Some of my takeaways:

- It's really hard to get a tank going well in 100 days

- It's really really hard to get a good looking tank going in 100 days, even for very experienced reefers

- If you want to get a good looking tank in 100 days, you better be ready to love macros, gorgs, and sponges :lol:

Congratulations to all the contestants! 

I was gonna ask what time zone. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

Don't forget to vote yourself!!

I'm withholding my own votes, as the host of the poll, unless there is a tie that needs to be broken. Polls close automatically at 11:59pm Pacific time, by my watch there's about two and a half hours left! :) 

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far! I will go over the results with our contest hosts @metrokat and @jedimasterben in the morning and we will announce the final results later in the day.

• Like 7

So. What'd I miss? :D

Happy Monday. I am back from NOLA and MACNA. It was a very busy 4 days. Thank you to everyone for participating and voting. 

Results to be announced today!!! And I will open a new thread for voting in the additional bonus categories.

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to 100 Days of Nanos Contest Final Results!
Christopher Marks

Final 100 Days of Nanos Poll Results - Congratulations The Winners!

• Best Overall - Pjanssen
  • Best Aquascape - Stellablue
  • Most Frugal - lkoechle

Keep an eye out for a message from @metrokat this week with more information about claiming your prizes!

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 100 Days of Nanos contest, and special thanks to @metrokat and @jedimasterben for hosting the contest, as well as to our sponsors for their generous prize donations and support! Bonus prizes are up next, Kat will be putting together a discussion for those soon :) 

I suspect this won't be the last build contest this year, stay tuned for future pico announcements this fall!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic