ReefCleaners.org

Nick's 30L Mixed Reef

Nixperience

9 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

That's pretty cool. It's twice the volume at 15x15x9. The one I ordered is 12x12x7. Cool to see something similar set up though. Mine will be bare bottom since it will be an in cabinet tank. I need maintenance to be clean and easy. Probably 2 small rocks and a nice frag rack with a few snails and a goby. If I ever need to medicate and use it as a quarantine, I'll just pull the rock and frags into the main tank and go full quarantine. Otherwise, it will be a little experiment tank. I may grow out macro clippings in there too. 

Sounds like it'll be a pretty neat little experiment!

Nixperience
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Sounds like it'll be a pretty neat little experiment!

I may put a 6 line in my main tank and if he's a douche, would be great in the frag tank. 

5 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I may put a 6 line in my main tank and if he's a douche, would be great in the frag tank. 

:lol:  I hear they can kinda be buttheads...

Nixperience
7 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol:  I hear they can kinda be buttheads...

That's what I've heard, but probably the least likely to be a jumping wrasse and I like them. 

Nixperience

Got some halimeda shipping next week. Woohoo! Not sure what other macro to squeeze in, but halimeda was one I wanted. 

• Like 1
Nixperience

So I will need to increase bioload soon. I'm already feeding way heavier than necessary. 

Suggestions please. My thoughts are a few chromis, a wrASSe, or pajama cardinal. Open to other ideas. Open top: keep that in mind. 

I don't know which fish are jumpers except firefish lol but Divers Den had a trio of little cardinals the other day, can't remember which ones off the top of my head.  They were cute though!  Also some pretty pygmy wrasses added yesterday, dunno if they are still there. 

You could always do a tang. :P

Nixperience
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I don't know which fish are jumpers except firefish lol but Divers Den had a trio of little cardinals the other day, can't remember which ones off the top of my head.  They were cute though!  Also some pretty pygmy wrasses added yesterday, dunno if they are still there. 

You could always do a tang. :P

Lol. If I did a tang, it would be so stressed and I would get banned from this forum. 

3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Lol. If I did a tang, it would be so stressed and I would get banned from this forum. 

:lol: yeah I only suggested it since I knew you wouldn't take it seriously.

I do think chromis probably need more space to be kept in a group (remember Derrick and his group that kept picking each other off in his 26 or so gallon?).  A pink-streaked wrasse would be awesome if you could find one.  Maybe a small puffer?  Just kinda throwing stuff out there.  Gobies are always an option and there's so many to choose from!

• Like 1
Nixperience
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol: yeah I only suggested it since I knew you wouldn't take it seriously.

I do think chromis probably need more space to be kept in a group (remember Derrick and his group that kept picking each other off in his 26 or so gallon?).  A pink-streaked wrasse would be awesome if you could find one.  Maybe a small puffer?  Just kinda throwing stuff out there.  Gobies are always an option and there's so many to choose from!

Lol Derrick. I want an active swimmer. My blenny perches and darts. The clowns hover in a few spots and my royal gramma just hides in the caves. 

Nixperience
3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hmm maybe a single chromis or a terrorist damsel? :lol:

That's what I'm leaning towards. 

Nixperience
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Or maybe something like a pseudochromis?  Dunno if it'd be too aggressive.

I already have a royal gramma which is similar. Blue/green chromis or pink streaked wrasse. That would be awesome if I could find one. 

18 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I already have a royal gramma which is similar. Blue/green chromis or pink streaked wrasse. That would be awesome if I could find one. 

Yes it would!  I think I'm gonna put in an order for a PSW at the LFS soon since I will probably have another, larger tank ready before they find one! :lol:

• Like 1

Painted or Wartskin Anglerfish. The tinier the better. :happy:

Obvi unsuitable for most tanks probably including yours but it's always my first fish choice. I mean who can resist this?!...

3f474c0d1754c137839fd8edaad75e09.jpg.4dee53eac50e312a113cf44c97ba8d09.jpg

• Like 4
Nixperience
2 minutes ago, samnaz said:

Obvi unsuitable for most tanks probably including yours but it's always my first fish choice. I mean who can resist this?!...

Lmao ? 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, samnaz said:

Now that's what I call a nano fish!

• Like 2
Nixperience

My lfs said they can get me a pink streaked wrasse, but said they are big time hiders. I don't think I want another hidey fish. 

Nixperience

Looking for a deep red rose bta, but can only find the rainbows. Got my hosting box ready to go in the tank once I find it. 

28556141-B1C2-4218-9011-FA877D8D2942_zps

1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

My lfs said they can get me a pink streaked wrasse, but said they are big time hiders. I don't think I want another hidey fish. 

Maybe @gena and @teenyreef can chime in too... I have a PSW and I wouldn't call him a BIG TIME hider. Just a bit on the shy side. But I've only had mine for a few months. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Maybe @gena and @teenyreef can chime in too... I have a PSW and I wouldn't call him a BIG TIME hider. Just a bit on the shy side. But I've only had mine for a few months. 

Agreed. Not big-time hiders.  But they are shy.  The longer you have it, the braver it will get. Great fish.

• Like 3