Pod Your Reef

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

mitten_reef
2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Well the address on box and google maps still puts them in Richmond. I see the reps at Neptune’s Aquatics (very nice place btw, little pricey but it’s the Bay Area) quite a bit so I would venture to guess that the corporate is still nearby. ####ing bastards and their local company address with foreign made products. Same shit is why it took me five months to find a refrigerator that I would buy. For #### sake I’m wearing flip flops made in usa ?? from recycled tires! Why is it so damn hard? I’ll pay the premium! 

Which fridge did you go with?  Most large appliances made by Whirlpool corp are made here in Michigan (Whirlpool and Kitchenaid are the first two brands to mind). 

Kalamazoo grill is probably on top of every chef's dream list (but I certainly can't afford one), Detroit Denim, Shinola watches - just a few names that carry michigan-made products.   

34 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Which fridge did you go with?  Most large appliances made by Whirlpool corp are made here in Michigan (Whirlpool and Kitchenaid are the first two brands to mind). 

Kalamazoo grill is probably on top of every chef's dream list (but I certainly can't afford one), Detroit Denim, Shinola watches - just a few names that carry michigan-made products.   

If it ain’t shinola it ain’t shit. I can’t afford those watches but I do drool over them from time to time. This fridge was at my old (sold) house. No manufacturing label on anything in store. Had to call the brands and ask what was made where. Would’ve been easier but the wife had specifics that had to be met as well so it went complicated. Cars are easy. 1 as the first VIN digit tells you where and the UAW sticker in the door jamb tells you it was done right. Like I said before I’m wearing made in USA flip flops. My jeans are USA made. My shirt is union made in USA. Undies are questionable and I can’t check the label at my current location. Typing on a Chinese phone 

Edit. And #### a damn Tesla cause that anti union ####er musk wants to pay piss ant wages in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country. Should’ve built your plant In Alabama. 

Waterchange day has rolled around again. Cleaning some glass, took the thermometer out just to wipe some micro algae off. Well the actual thermometer ?, the glass part was just all loose, had at least .25” of vertical travel. So whatever it’s been reading really doesn’t mean shit. And while wiping it fell on out and broke. Broken glass plus kids? Playtime! Anyway ordered a replacement, wish I had known this earlier and might’ve saved a whopping 25 bucks on the heater replacement. Hell, that’s enough money to get good and drunk on the cheap swill I’m so fond of. So I guess I’ll use ye olde finger test to temp match the waterchange tonight. It’s as good as the sniff test for matching salinity. 

• Haha 3

There’s an ad from a sponsor on this forum that appears as a banner on the top of the home page that reads “Got TDS” and has a photo of what I assume is a TDS meter. Every time I see it my mind reads “Got STD” and I see a disposable pregnancy test. I don’t know what sponsor has this ad up but, maybe they need help in the marketing dept. 

Edit: to add a photo and 

Deep thoughts 💭 

3C3C6DF3-1EC6-4415-AC5F-42074FA6A5EE.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, 1891Bro said:

There’s an ad from a sponsor on this forum that appears as a banner on the top of the home page that reads “Got TDS” and has a photo of what I assume is a TDS meter. Every time I see it my mind reads “Got STD” and I see a disposable pregnancy test. I don’t know what sponsor has this ad up but, maybe they need help in the marketing dept. 

🤔 Helpful either way though really. 

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

🤔 Helpful either way though really. 

Maybe...

Can a fetus be considered an STI? I don’t think it falls into the D catergory. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Maybe...

Can a fetus be considered an STI? I don’t think it falls into the D catergory. 

I would certainly consider it an invader..... so that works too. 😆

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I would certainly consider it an invader..... so that works too. 😆

Invader works. I like what you did there.

• Haha 1

God damn it! Done with the waterchange. I got some dirty water in my mouth from the siphon tube. I don’t feel so good. I thinks it’s fish aids or something. #### me running! Update the will now. 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

God damn it! Done with the waterchange. I got some dirty water in my mouth from the siphon tube. I don’t feel so good. I thinks it’s fish aids or something. #### me running! Update the will now. 

That’s what happens when you suck the hose. ??‍♀️

8 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

You got a Siphon Transmitted Infection?

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Hope you're not dead...

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Hope you're not dead...

Nah. Wouldn’t have been so bad if I was, then I could’ve skipped work. 

• Haha 2

I needa post a video. My wife videoed the snails a ####ing and even added music and it’s ####ing hilarious. Can’t just post from my phone. I don’t do Instagram. Or YouTube. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

I needa post a video. My wife videoed the snails a ####ing and even added music and it’s ####ing hilarious. Can’t just post from my phone. I don’t do Instagram. Or YouTube. 

No really it’s funny and you can see the snails 🐌 dingdongs or whatever they got and they’re all moving and it’s gross and funny. So @Christopher Marks why can’t I post a video right from my phone? It’s short. 

• Haha 2

Went to lfs today... well went last weekend too. Last weekend got a favia. Not the healthiest looking I’ve ever seen but doable for the price. Went to the good one today. Picked up two pieces from the ten dollar frag tanks (well, really 9.99, what a deal!) another micro and a lepto. I’ve never had a lepto before, it was a tiny piece but, they have one grown out in one of the displays that is the same tank and light as mine so there’s a chance I can keep it too. A. Chance. I’ll get some photos. Maybe soon. 

Wind outta the sails, wife pointed out that the new micro looks a lot like the other one...

Pretty sure she’s right. I’m a dumbass. But the favia and lepto are definitely not something I already had so here’s some photos of them. 

31DD4C85-ECEB-42E6-A8F8-C757C5B4A71D.jpeg

7E662EF8-A37C-4E84-B67D-256A670D40F9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s really not that bad. Well it is in the apartment, 86F (#### You metric system) but the water hit 80F (my dad didn’t not fight in the Cold War to protect your metric system)  so I iced it down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I run a cheap computer fan on mine, just blowing across the back chambers. It works surprisingly well for a $10 chiller. 

45 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Like I says. Golden State for the win!

9CD9B5EE-802B-4E28-93A7-62BC431EA22C.gif

Was up in the gay bay last week almost went to the first game but damn it was pricey. Couldn't agree more if they lose it's all about more $$$$.. I am just glad Houston have them a little challenge..