Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

57 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Grats on the growth! Maybe they should do all your reef shopping.

I was excited when my magician paly popped a new head as I had trouble keeping them in the past. Fingers crossed. 

Lol, I dunno. I’d imagine they’d bring home a fish 9 out of 10 times and well limited space and all. I’m not getting my hopes up either. Most of what I touch turns to shit (what’s the opposite of king Midas? King feces?) so at some point I’ll have to have the talk with my kids. It’s gonna be hard letting them know they’re destined for prison or a mental ward. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Across a few different tanks I’ve had I’ve never had any success with zoas. The birthday frag that my wife a kids got me seems to be happy and actually has put out a few new polyps in the monthish it’s been in. The big polyp took a massive dump today. I tried my hand at macro photography, well my version of it. Kids toy magnifying glass and a cell phone but the images with and without the mag glass were no different. Someone send me a nice camera and photog skills for free and use it as a charitable donation for the 2018 returns (if those ####os in dc don’t rob that away too)....

Anyway, I’m gonna try to get a pic of the zoos and the micro as they are both seeming to grow. I complain too much, the wife and kids getting me the fish and the frag for my bday has renewed my motivation for this tank and it seems to be doing well. I keep thinking about getting more coral. I’ll edit with photos in a few minutes. 

Edit: You can only see one of the tiny new zoa polyps as the other is in the shade of the large one. If you really zoom in on the micro you’ll se the lil tiny feeders from the newer growth. Just so no one thinks I’m lying. 

188FD567-3DAA-453B-8F39-898A29706F2A.jpeg

Another edit. This photo really shows why I’ve been eyeing different lighting.  The par38 is really a nice light but here you can see the disco frozen. 

I have the A80 over my 10 gallon and its a nice light. Before the Kessil I used Ledtric par38 full spectrum bulbs (which I still have) and when I switch between the two its amazing how much disco there is with the par bulbs.  With the Kessil there is zero disco, the color is totally uniform.  I remember finding some pics of a reef tank with par38 bulbs without the optics, I wonder if removing the optics takes care of the disco effect, because this tank, which I believe was a 40 Breeder with only two par38 bulbs had complete coverage without any disco.  Not sure how much removing the optics reduces par, but the tank looked to have even coverage, so maybe that would solve your problem.  The tank I mention also had the bulbs pretty close to the water, so maybe that was to keep par value high.  

9 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

I have the A80 over my 10 gallon and its a nice light. Before the Kessil I used Ledtric par38 full spectrum bulbs (which I still have) and when I switch between the two its amazing how much disco there is with the par bulbs.  With the Kessil there is zero disco, the color is totally uniform.  I remember finding some pics of a reef tank with par38 bulbs without the optics, I wonder if removing the optics takes care of the disco effect, because this tank, which I believe was a 40 Breeder with only two par38 bulbs had complete coverage without any disco.  Not sure how much removing the optics reduces par, but the tank looked to have even coverage, so maybe that would solve your problem.  The tank I mention also had the bulbs pretty close to the water, so maybe that was to keep par value high.  

That’s solid. My light would melt the plastic screen top if it could so it’s maybe two inches from the water. I’m gonna see about how easy removing those optics is after lights out. Thanks. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

That’s solid. My light would melt the plastic screen top of it could so it’s maybe two inches from the water. I’m gonna see about how easy removing those optics is after lights out. Thanks. 

Cool.  Interested in your findings.  

Hopefully someone chimes in on how to actually remove them....

Red_Blenny

Nice, you gonna be full on Nature Boy, with the rolex wearin', stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun for father's day?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

Nice, you gonna be full on Nature Boy, with the rolex wearin', stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun for father's day?

God damn right!

Red_Blenny
2 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

God damn right!

Don't forget to randomly elbow drop your jacket and yell WOOO  to your kids when they ask you a question.

2 hours ago, Red_Blenny said:

Don't forget to randomly elbow drop your jacket and yell WOOO  to your kids when they ask you a question.

I don’t call that Father’s Day I call that Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@StevieT just got reupped on some floss and nano blue and of course, the single Swedish fish that we all appreciate. Unfortunately my two sons appreciate it to the point of bare knuckle brotherly love to see who gets it. Well seven vs two year old...

Any way. Thanks for the solid order fulfillment as usual. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

@StevieT just got reupped on some floss and nano blue and of course, the single Swedish fish that we all appreciate. Unfortunately my two sons appreciate it to the point of bare knuckle brotherly love to see who gets it. Well seven vs two year old...

Any way. Thanks for the solid order fulfillment as usual. 

FBIT

Next time type on the comments. Yo Shipping Jeff I reproduced and like da crumb crunchers are fueled by and steal my sugar, to the point blood. So be a good Shipping Jeff and add in a handful of Swedish pleasure. K - inTank You

• Haha 3

Glad to see the fish is still kickin, what was its name again?  Something entertaining, I seem to recall.  My tanks have grown and divided and maybe soon shrinking back down cuz I got too much going on now.  Back to school, homework stinks, what was I thinking?  Anyway your pink zoas are nice, they remind me of pink zippers!  The other thing looks nice too (acan? I dunno, I worked too much this week and can't remember squat).

On 4/8/2018 at 11:31 PM, mbarton2010 said:

No but Derrick did make a short comeback with a different username. Posted pics of his “new” tank and it was obvious lol

On 4/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, mbarton2010 said:

No but he hasn’t posted since February. Search Valentini89 and you’ll find it. It’s called New Here or something

:whoa: I totally missed this!!  *scurries off to search*

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Glad to see the fish is still kickin, what was its name again?  Something entertaining, I seem to recall.  My tanks have grown and divided and maybe soon shrinking back down cuz I got too much going on now.  Back to school, homework stinks, what was I thinking?  Anyway your pink zoas are nice, they remind me of pink zippers!  The other thing looks nice too (acan? I dunno, I worked too much this week and can't remember squat).

Yeah so I step out to smoke and have 12 in the red circle at the top next to the lines and it seems @Lula_Mae has decided to go a’ stalkin’. Hope it’s not one of those rip-off schools that charge ya money. Pink zoas? Man I dunno. You got into this way to late on a Friday. Thanks for the creeping though. 

• Haha 2
Just now, 1891Bro said:

Yeah so I step out to smoke and have 12 in the red circle at the top next to the lines and it seems @Lula_Mae has decided to go a’ stalkin’. Hope it’s not one of those rip-off schools that charge ya money. Pink zoas? Man I dunno. You got into this way to late on a Friday. Thanks for the creeping though. 

Don't worry, @WV Reefer got the same treatment earlier.  I'm off after three on and still so tired I can't think straight.  Can't be held responsible for what comes out of my keyboard. :lol:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Don't worry, @WV Reefer got the same treatment earlier.  I'm off after three on and still so tired I can't think straight.  Can't be held responsible for what comes out of my keyboard. :lol:

E662CB34-CF69-4262-BE2B-0965A677C2E8.gif

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

And I forgot (too drunk same thing) gupple is the name you’re looking for.  The wrasse is yella fella. Damn kids lol. 

• Haha 2

Well, the a80 hit the doorstep today. Got it set up. On just the appearance it’s a big step up from the par38 with the apatosaurus sized gooseneck🦕. Much sleeker. The color adjusts from papa smurf all the way to David duke. I just went ahead and started it at full intensity with the color adjusted to a bit bluer than the par bulb was. I was hesitant to replace the light because things were doing well so I’m gonna hold onto it and if things don’t respond well I’ll just put it back on and hock the kessil. Initial impressions. It seems a solid product for the price. Got the gooseneck free when I ordered it from saltwateraquarium.com  .

Edit meant to ask if anyone knows where these are manufactured? The corporate hq is not too far from me so it’s nice to support local but I couldn’t find where it was assembled on the box. 

4 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Taiwan. 

Total ####ing bummer 

edit: And now I’m going to cut myself sos I can feel real.  

16 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

But I am honestly not %100 sure. They might have moved both facilities. 

Well the address on box and google maps still puts them in Richmond. I see the reps at Neptune’s Aquatics (very nice place btw, little pricey but it’s the Bay Area) quite a bit so I would venture to guess that the corporate is still nearby. ####ing bastards and their local company address with foreign made products. Same shit is why it took me five months to find a refrigerator that I would buy. For #### sake I’m wearing flip flops made in usa ?? from recycled tires! Why is it so damn hard? I’ll pay the premium! 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Kessil lab, development, research is all here under DiCon umbrella. %90 of Aquarium LEDs are manufactured in Asia. I would also agree to pay %20 extra for products manucatured here in US. 

But I do understand outsourcing approach by manufacturers and buyers on limited budget, searching for a bargain. That’s how free market works.