SaltCritters.com

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

On 4/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, mbarton2010 said:

No but he hasn’t posted since February. Search Valentini89 and you’ll find it. It’s called New Here or something

How did I miss that? lol

• Haha 3
mbarton2010
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

How did I miss that? lol

I knew it as soon as I saw it but I was gonna let him play it out. Hasn't been active though

• Like 1
Just now, mbarton2010 said:

I knew it as soon as I saw it but I was gonna let him play it out. Hasn't been active though

Yeah, I would have recognized that tank if I had seen that post. lol

ill keep my eyes peeled. :D  

On 08/04/2018 at 11:31 PM, mbarton2010 said:

No but Derrick did make a short comeback with a different username. Posted pics of his “new” tank and it was obvious lol

Really? 

What name?

Never mind. Saw you mentioned it.

5 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

So after my illustrious return and, after the ticker tape has been cleaned up...

Anyway, my most recent birthday came and went last week. My seven year old decided to get me a fish. This conspiracy took place between him and mommy so I actually had no idea. The good news is that a LFS (local as in I can walk there) has been sold to a new owner and man, he’s a sw guy for sure. Bad news is the old owner that ran the dump I could’ve walked to before well, she died. Back to the point, my awesome family decides to get me a fish. A yellow and purple wrasse..........

Honestly though, it’s a great addition and 0 aggression so far. It’s gonna outgrow this tank. I know it. We all know it. What the hell to do about it though?

Happy Belated Birthday and welcome back

• Like 1

Welcome back! And the solution to the wrasse problem is obvious isn't it? Since your family bought you a fish that is going to outgrow the tank, they clearly have pre-approved the tank upgrade :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Welcome back! And the solution to the wrasse problem is obvious isn't it? Since your family bought you a fish that is going to outgrow the tank, they clearly have pre-approved the tank upgrade :D

They might but the landlord isn’t so easy to persuade. 

• Sad 2

Oh man oh man! Friday! 

Bit the bullet and ordered the hydrofill ato. Full kit seeing as my tunze pump won’t work with it. Bastards. 

On to the weekend! Going down to Monterey. Big kid is on spring break so I’m skipping Monday, another bonus! Gonna do the aquarium there, booked a whale watching trip. Paid way too much for a room on cannery row so we can just walk everywhere. Got the tide schedule so we can go critter hunting during low tide. Should be a nice lil trip. 

Y'all drink one for me cause I’m gonna try to drink one for every last one of y’all. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Oh man oh man! Friday! 

Bit the bullet and ordered the hydrofill ato. Full kit seeing as my tunze pump won’t work with it. Bastards. 

On to the weekend! Going down to Monterey. Big kid is on spring break so I’m skipping Monday, another bonus! Gonna do the aquarium there, booked a whale watching trip. Paid way too much for a room on cannery row so we can just walk everywhere. Got the tide schedule so we can go critter hunting during low tide. Should be a nice lil trip. 

Y'all drink one for me cause I’m gonna try to drink one for every last one of y’all. 

Sounds like you're going to have a VERY good weekend.?

Enjoy it!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Oh man oh man! Friday! 

Good weekend planned! i never thought of going whale watching, i bet the kids will love it! im in SJ also and havent done the trip! I really want to look it up! hope you are having fun!

I know everyone is waiting with baited breath to hear about the title change lol.   

Vacation with kids. Oh man. So a bit of back story. Youngest had a little 24 hour stomach bug a few days ago. It hit the big kid today almost as soon as we got out of the car. Running through the lobby trying to get to the bathroom and he popped. Puke everywhere. Every. ####ing. Where. Also he decides to shit himself soon after getting into the room. So there’s shit on the carpet of a NOT CHEAP hotel room. ####ing rockstars don’t trash rooms like this. Poor kid. He’s been a trooper though. 

Props to the staff of InterContinental The clement Monterey. Never a nasty look. Super friendly and understanding.  Getting what we paid for. I did take the lil guy tide pooling at low tide though so a few photos. Tough to do much toting a two year old. It was cool though. Tons of snails hermits and nems. God damn starfish and octopus have to make a show tomorrow if I’m lucky. Enjoy the pics. 

78CD709A-F217-4D3E-BF9E-E56A90C5C647.jpeg

03BE1464-02D3-46E1-BAB3-DD5295C576DF.jpeg

77BE65C8-4DDB-4407-8A35-FC6AD71E4C2F.jpeg

5028CE1F-BA3E-4E11-A769-EF97E65A31EF.jpeg

Last photo is from the the back of the hotel. And one last pic from my current location. 

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

I know everyone is waiting with baited breath to hear about the title change lol.   

Vacation with kids. Oh man. So a bit of back story. Youngest had a little 24 hour stomach bug a few days ago. It hit the big kid today almost as soon as we got out of the car. Running through the lobby trying to get to the bathroom and he popped. Puke everywhere. Every. ####ing. Where. Also he decides to shit himself soon after getting into the room. So there’s shit on the carpet of a NOT CHEAP hotel room. ####ing rockstars don’t trash rooms like this. Poor kid. He’s been a trooper though. 

Props to the staff of InterContinental The clement Monterey. Never a nasty look. Super friendly and understanding.  Getting what we paid for. I did take the lil guy tide pooling at low tide though so a few photos. Tough to do much toting a two year old. It was cool though. Tons of snails hermits and nems. God damn starfish and octopus have to make a show tomorrow if I’m lucky. Enjoy the pics. 

78CD709A-F217-4D3E-BF9E-E56A90C5C647.jpeg

03BE1464-02D3-46E1-BAB3-DD5295C576DF.jpeg

77BE65C8-4DDB-4407-8A35-FC6AD71E4C2F.jpeg

5028CE1F-BA3E-4E11-A769-EF97E65A31EF.jpeg

Last photo is from the the back of the hotel. And one last pic from my current location. 

image.jpg

Poor little dude. :(  

• Like 1

Oh man, been there done that. Spent a week in Hilton Head while each member of the family went through 48 hours of it. One at a time,  just so we could ruin the whole vacation. Hope he feels better and nobody else got it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh man, been there done that. Spent a week in Hilton Head while each member of the family went through 48 hours of it. One at a time,  just so we could ruin the whole vacation. Hope he feels better and nobody else got it!

Ha. Well about ten minutes after I posted that last photo it hit me. Not the beer, the bug. I was up once an hour on the toilet with a trash can in front of me. Still felt shitty and tired in the morning but we soldiered on and went on our whale watching trip. That was awesome, and worth it. Fifteen minutes into it we saw a pair of humpbacks. A bit later a pod of what must’ve been about a thousand pacific white sided dolphins with a few right whale dolphins mixed in. On the way back to dock was the best part. Two Orcas showed up. Got real close to the boat. Was a great trip. Did the Monterey Bay Aquarium today and it is the best one I’ve ever seen. I’ve only ever been to Atlanta, Shedd in Chicago and, some little piss ant tourist trap in key west so that’s my frame of reference. Still a great trip despite the twelve hours of dual ended spewing. Oh and somehow the wife dodged the bullet, if she had got it the thing would’ve fallen apart. 

• Like 3
On 4/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, el_ote said:

Good weekend planned! i never thought of going whale watching, i bet the kids will love it! im in SJ also and havent done the trip! I really want to look it up! hope you are having fun!

Just saw your post. It was a blast. You’ve never made the trip to Monterey? You could do it as just a day trip. Without traffic it’s about 80 minutes. 17 to 1 and you’ll get there. I booked on gowhale.com I think. If you go down fisherman’s wharf you’ll get to the crab house, hang a right and you’ll see a building with a sign reading “Monterey Bay whale watch center”. There’s a bunch of different ones there though so I can’t compare them with any others but we were all very pleased. I will warn you, if you’re succeptable to motion sickness get one of those patches or if you can’t stand watching other people puke you might not have as much fun. Personally I loved seeing the wild life and watching weak kneed tourists spend five hours either puking or harassing staff about how long the ride is (clearly marked a four hour trip) was an added bonus. One guy was begging them to turn around ten minutes out. It was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

Just kicked the box in the door on my way out to smoke. Told the kids they better not #### with it. Yes, that’s how I talk to my kids. Been missing the convenience of an ato. Not sure how long that last unused gallon or so has been sitting in the container but I think I saw some tetras in there last I looked. Better clean it out. I’ll let y’all know what I think. 

• Haha 3
A Little Blue
On 4/13/2018 at 7:31 PM, 1891Bro said:

Oh man oh man! Friday! 

Seems like a solid product. Certainly on my upgrade list. Floats and light sensors are PITA in a long run.

You should also take a  look into beerski ATO. 

Enjoy your trip 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Seems like a solid product. Certainly on my upgrade list. Floats and light sensors are PITA in a long run.

You should also take a  look into beerski ATO. 

Enjoy your trip 

I agree. Hope it works out. Trip is over and it was great. Unless you’re the guy that sold me that acid, in which case I’ll let you know. 

• Haha 3

Well just finished setting up the new ato. IM hydrofill. Quickly tested and it is in working order. Only complaint is the non submersible pump, space in my tiny little cabinet is very limited and this bulky pump takes up a whole lot of it. Gonna borrow a slim Phillips driver from a neighbor (all my tools stay at work) and see if I can find some space to mount it on the inside. 

• Like 2

Well I was at my lfs today. Went to pick up some tubing for the new ato (they didn’t have it so went to HD) so the thing is, they must have some kinda deal with Kessil. I’ve run into some of the company reps there before and all their tanks, the displays (I’ve got to get a video for y’all theyve got a whole room of multiple large displays half reef, half planted, all gorgeous for those of you not in the Bay Area I feel bad. Awesome lfs.) and the for sale tanks, even the FO non reef safe are lit up with kessil. Anyway, they’ve got two IM 10s on display over the kessil lights, one with the a80 and another with the 160. They look really nice. A bit bluer than I prefer but very clean and healthy stuff. I’m trying to talk myself out of it but, an a80 with a gooseneck is just a bit more than replacing my CC par38. It doesn’t need replaceing but you know how it is. Opinions? Should I? Should I go for the 160 instead? There’s a used one I can pick up local if I can talk the SO into letting me drop the coin. Anyone with these lights over a similar dimension tank feel free to chime in. 

Oh, and I was at the cvs getting distilled water. You know how they have all that impulse buy crap near the counter? So my son is playing with everything and I’m yelling “put it down boy! God damn it don’t make me beatcha!” And he’s lighting up this stupid what looks like a light switch thing. Light bulb goes off. So now mi little cabinet has a light in it so when I’m sitting down stopped under the kitchen table the inside is lit. Needless to say he received only a mild beating. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3