Pod Your Reef

IM ten gallons of tank breakdown and free critters.

1891Bro

1 hour ago, Weikel said:

Was up in the gay bay last week almost went to the first game but damn it was pricey. Couldn't agree more if they lose it's all about more $$$$.. I am just glad Houston have them a little challenge..

Ha! I have had this rolling discussion with a coworker for years. I’m convinced these things last 6-7 games to rack in that skrilla. 

1 hour ago, Weikel said:

Was up in the gay bay last week almost went to the first game but damn it was pricey. Couldn't agree more if they lose it's all about more $$$$.. I am just glad Houston have them a little challenge..

Talk like that in Oakland and get shot. 

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Is that $10-piece a Jack o lantern?

9.99 Brody! 

Nail in the coffin in Cleveland! #### ticket sales!

2 hours ago, Weikel said:

Had to go up that way after thaybshitndown the ole backpage?

On 5/26/2018 at 5:54 PM, 1891Bro said:

Wind outta the sails, wife pointed out that the new micro looks a lot like the other one...

Pretty sure she’s right. I’m a dumbass. But the favia and lepto are definitely not something I already had so here’s some photos of them. 

31DD4C85-ECEB-42E6-A8F8-C757C5B4A71D.jpeg

7E662EF8-A37C-4E84-B67D-256A670D40F9.jpeg

Quoting myself for the record. That lepto I got, I just wasn’t so sure about. Looking closer today the flesh seems to be covering all the sides now. I was gonna get a photo but the lights went out. All that skeleton in the pic quoted is covered in dripping color. And the favia looks real good too. Way fuller. Swear to the booze gods I’ll get some photos tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Photos as promised to the booze gods. Please smile you’re inebriating love down on thee. Maxed out the white on the a80 cause it seemed to do better for the iPhone camera. 

EAC21231-0802-464C-BAD0-98F56D9A5414.jpeg

0E7FE389-3400-49E8-A8D3-B04B6C948014.jpeg

• Like 6

No. I’m not talking about your visit to the local rub-n-tug, the free crabs aren’t even reef safe but, the salt man!

8964B811-7B15-4DFC-AA21-D0677F69641F.jpeg

Dont know if it has been there or just happened but since I was scooping salt this evening I noticed it. Double bagged now. 

image.jpg

Bag almost empty anyway. 

• Haha 2

Well, The waterchange last light went as expected. I had a bit too much and made a mess but I cleaned it up so I’ll still be in good graces with the old lady. I pulled the three biggest rocks out to really rinse and scrub them. Getting a bit of, well I don’t know if it’s considered micro or macro algae. Very fine, very short, easy to remove, brownish? I dunno, I ####ed it up with an old toothbrush, well then I lost my good toothbrush.... enough about that.  

Meow the beer gots me ranting. 

So, this stuff that slowly grows, micro macro algae aids hpv stuff, more snails me thinks. No crabs! I’m gonna be sober sometime this week and get some snails, maybe I can find some rehab snails just twitching for a relapse. Ok then. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Dat wrasse! 👏

Best of luck in your quest for junkie snails this week!

That was a lie. I’m not planning on sobriety at any point this week or this upcoming weekend or, well let’s just say if I end up sober it damn sure wasn’t planned. 

Yeah thanks. I like that yellow ####er. Feel bad he’s stuck in this tiny tank but try explaining  to a kid that you got rid of the fish he picked out for you, (with mom without my knowledge or any research on their part)... too much hassle. 

Yeah. I need those snails, but I’m not planning to be a state to be able to drive. Hell, I might not be in a legit state to Uber. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Oceanbox Designs hey man, you still making those mag cleaners? The outer side of mine decided to lose the soft velvety fuzz so I had to rig it up with some of the fluffy side of some sticky Velcro. Still works awesome though. I want to get another one or two sos for backups. Can’t find them on the website. 

• Like 1

So according to when I started this thread I’m just a bit over a year in with this go round. It’s been good so far until, I noticed two ugly, disgusting spots of garbage on the back wall. I went to my last FTS and it was there then but I failed to notice. Yes folks, it’s the scourge known as corraline algae. I’m debating draining enough water to kill it. I’ve done my best to avoid introducing it and other pains in the ass crap but, I’ve failed. Anyone know a good way to kill this stuff? I’m hesitant to scrape it for fear of it spreading. I hate this shit, ####ing ends up on the glass and sucks up the goodies in the water I was saving for better things 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

So according to when I started this thread I’m just a bit over a year in with this go round. It’s been good so far until, I noticed two ugly, disgusting spots of garbage on the back wall. I went to my last FTS and it was there then but I failed to notice. Yes folks, it’s the scourge known as corraline algae. I’m debating draining enough water to kill it. I’ve done my best to avoid introducing it and other pains in the ass crap but, I’ve failed. Anyone know a good way to kill this stuff? I’m hesitant to scrape it for fear of it spreading. I hate this shit, ####ing ends up on the glass and sucks up the goodies in the water I was saving for better things 

Nope.  I scrape at least a pound of it off of my glass once a month. 

26 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Nope.  I scrape at least a pound of it off of my glass once a month. 

Never tried to just kill it? Cmon! Plenty of knowledge here. I need tips to eradicate this unwelcomed menace!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Never tried to just kill it? Cmon! Plenty of knowledge here. I need tips to eradicate this unwelcomed menace!

🤔. You’re  f*cked. I’m thinking you may need to do a full breakdown. 

or maybe rip out your sand. 

• Haha 3
39 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

🤔. You’re  f*cked. I’m thinking you may need to do a full breakdown. 

or maybe rip out your sand. 

Maybe both. Thinking bleach and fire. Maybe something more flammable than bleach. Gotta get ahead of this thing. 

• Like 1

God damn it! Next thing you know I’ll be ruining credit cards scraping this shit off every surface in my home! It’s an invasive menace that must be ####ing stopped!

• Haha 2

Drunk ranting aside I do no what this 💩 in there. If I drain the water down below it and give it some peroxide on a qtip will that be likely to kill it? I’d rather not scrape on it as I’m sure it will just spread. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1891Bro said:

Drunk ranting aside I do no what this 💩 in there. If I drain the water down below it and give it some peroxide on a qtip will that be likely to kill it? I’d rather not scrape on it as I’m sure it will just spread. 

I'll bleach white....and color back up.

Embrace it. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I'll bleach white....and color back up.

Embrace it. 

No, I’ve made that mistake in the past. First tank I had just couldn’t wait for it. Then I was scraping it off the glass like a mad man. Maybe if it would just stick to the rocks but it doesn’t. Roaches have been around since the dinosaurs and I just need a boot to kill them. Gotta be a way to kill it. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

No, I’ve made that mistake in the past. First tank I had just couldn’t wait for it. Then I was scraping it off the glass like a mad man. Maybe if it would just stick to the rocks but it doesn’t. Roaches have been around since the dinosaurs and I just need a boot to kill them. Gotta be a way to kill it. 

If you're serious about killing it and making sure it doesn't return, you can do the following.  In most cases it has been proven effective. 

Step 1

Drain all of your water.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

If you're serious about killing it and making sure it doesn't return, you can do the following.  In most cases it has been proven effective. 

Step 1

Drain all of your water.

I can vouch for this method. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Step 1

Drain all of your water.

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I can vouch for this method. 

Now you’ve got me thinking... 

so I can just set up a temp establishment for the inhabitants, that’s easy. So how long to keep it dry before I know this shit is full blown aids dead?

• Like 1
On 6/30/2018 at 12:45 AM, 1891Bro said:

Maybe both. Thinking bleach and fire. Maybe something more flammable than bleach. Gotta get ahead of this thing. 

I hear tell gasoline is flammable. Or maybe alcohol. 

• Like 1