Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

4 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

i haven't. but i have no more room for acros. i literally can't even mount these 11 lol 

I just got 5 from him and have 5 more coming tomorrow from Dr Reef and another ebay vendor I figured I would give a shot. They were in Denver so its a short travel.

TheKleinReef
11 hours ago, braaap said:

I just got 5 from him and have 5 more coming tomorrow from Dr Reef and another ebay vendor I figured I would give a shot. They were in Denver so its a short travel.

lemme know how it goes. I think I'm done collecting SPS unless there's an OG I find or one that really catches my eye. The last SPS i really want is a Fox Flame.

I'm gonna start collecting some LPS now.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Nooo 😞 I thought I selected tomorrow for a delivery date for my next order and I just checked and chose next week. The wait stinks. 

Better they hold off instead of loose your package. I ordered snails in October and usps is still looking for my missing package. I still get emails from them saying they haven’t found it. I feel bad whoever opens the box of dozens of dead snails lmao. 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
1 minute ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Nooo 😞 I thought I selected tomorrow for a delivery date for my next order and I just checked and chose next week. The wait stinks. 

Better they hold off instead of loose your package. I ordered snails in October and usps is still looking for my missing package. I still get emails from them saying they haven’t found it. I feel bad whoever opens the box of dozens of dead snails lmao. 

Yeah I’m not mad about the delay at all. Just sad cause they’re all lps and I haven’t been excited about lps in a long time. 

yeah rip that package. It’s gotta be foul by now. 🫣

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 35
TheKleinReef

dealing with 3 pale SPS (myagi, shades of fall, and red slimer) i think these three sit in a massive lighting hot spot since they're in the middle of the tank.  I dropped the lights down 15% to see how everything reacts.

alk has been pretty stable between 8.6-9.1, i dose 10mL of ATI #1 when it hits 8.6

cal seems to drop quickly, i'm dosing it every 3-4 days or so

hopefully getting mag up above 1300 will help with my corralline die offs.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Hopefully you’ll get the pale sps under control. I had to lower my Mitras, its pretty OP for my tank and my frogspawn was pale. Took two months but its looking better. 

Is that a potters angel? How has he been with your corals? 

TheKleinReef
6 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Hopefully you’ll get the pale sps under control. I had to lower my Mitras, its pretty OP for my tank and my frogspawn was pale. Took two months but its looking better. 

Is that a potters angel? How has he been with your corals? 

yeah the inner two radion pucks are really close together creating a hot spot.

he's been good. the only coral i've ever seen him pick at is the brain i used to have.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:34 PM, TheKleinReef said:

this tank has come a long way since august:

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc065e706abb329dd35d81f9b211edb.jpeg

Looks great, your scape is perfect.  You got the eye for it 👍

TheKleinReef
16 minutes ago, ml86743 said:

Looks great, your scape is perfect.  You got the eye for it 👍

this is the old pic! the post above is the most recent one.

edited the post for clarity 😆

5 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

this is the old pic! the post above is the most recent one.

edited the post for clarity 😆

lol still looks great my b 😂😂

geekreef_05

Nice reef! Looks great. 

That'll functionally work for a frag tank. Would you be displeased that you cant see through it? 

TheKleinReef
2 minutes ago, geekreef_05 said:

Nice reef! Looks great. 

That'll functionally work for a frag tank. Would you be displeased that you cant see through it? 

probably not. it might be nice to see corals from the side ig.

would be nice to not have to deal with glass though

TheKleinReef

seeing a bit of STN on the underside of the myagi. wonder if it's flow related.

I'll probably take it out and super glue over it.

first STN i've had in well over a year. 😠

• Sad 1
geekreef_05
30 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

seeing a bit of STN on the underside of the myagi. wonder if it's flow related.

I'll probably take it out and super glue over it.

first STN i've had in well over a year. 😠

Hm, does that help? Ive never heard of doing that before for STN. 

For InAtTheDeepEnd the term STN stands for Slow Tissue Narcrossis. 

Describes a coral illness where sections of an SPS die, while the rest looks ok. Could be so many things effecting that particular spot... like a sting from another coral, water parameters, flow, etc etc. 

• Thanks 1
TheKleinReef
11 minutes ago, geekreef_05 said:

Hm, does that help? Ive never heard of doing that before for STN. 

it can be, just like lack of light can be. huge corals often have patches of lost flesh due to flow/light restrictions. i don't have the vortechs running that high, ~25% which is like 1800gph each.

I love CC.  Haven't put in an order with them since my 40 gal but they always have some great stuff.  Question - you start this tank with all dry rock? 

TheKleinReef
8 hours ago, ml86743 said:

I love CC.  Haven't put in an order with them since my 40 gal but they always have some great stuff.  Question - you start this tank with all dry rock? 

yeah, twice lol

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36