Innovative Marine Aquariums

19 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Shoot- do you have a backup for the return pump? This happened to me with my last tank around Christmas time. It was a disaster. 

i'm using the vortech power supply right now and dropped the flow to abut 30% to avoid blowing up this power supply.

new one should come tomorrow. I'm going to get another vectra at some point

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Anyone have an idea why I get these random corraline die offs? 

here’s today:

IMG_6853.thumb.jpeg.c2a0372e5e7a2eb0cece618d876c63bf.jpeg

heres November (I’m too lazy to flip it. NR needs to fix this issue)

72280769597__BF2174BA-E0BE-4F63-B078-3CFFFA6D3612.thumb.jpeg.8ed2f5eac04b0a26cd5c7f8706fd0226.jpeg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Anyone have an idea why I get these random corraline die offs? 

here’s today:

IMG_6853.thumb.jpeg.c2a0372e5e7a2eb0cece618d876c63bf.jpeg

heres November (I’m too lazy to flip it. NR needs to fix this issue)

72280769597__BF2174BA-E0BE-4F63-B078-3CFFFA6D3612.thumb.jpeg.8ed2f5eac04b0a26cd5c7f8706fd0226.jpeg

Lookin good.

thats a good question, I’ll see mine disappear from time to time.  Maybe mg levels?

id also think that after a year my rocks would be more covered but it seems like it never wants to grow on those surfaces…

TheKleinReef
11 hours ago, ml86743 said:

Lookin good.

thats a good question, I’ll see mine disappear from time to time.  Maybe mg levels?

id also think that after a year my rocks would be more covered but it seems like it never wants to grow on those surfaces…

mag has been about 1230-1280 for the last few months, a little low

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G
Justind823
1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

I should probably mount the corals from my last unique corals order. they're still on the rack. encrusting to it

mount those suckers! I love uniquecorals, always had a good experience ordering from them. 

as for the coralline, p04? light change? that is a weird thing to happen if nothing has changed

TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, Justind823 said:

mount those suckers! I love uniquecorals, always had a good experience ordering from them. 

as for the coralline, p04? light change? that is a weird thing to happen if nothing has changed

yeah i love unique and cherry corals. they're the best imo.

po4 has been pretty stable at 0.08-0.1 a little high but nothing is browning.

light program has been the same until yesterday night when i turned them down cause some of the higher mounted sps are just significantly paler than the lower mounted ones.

this same thing would happen in this tank before the move too.

TheKleinReef

WWC called me, apparently they double listed that golden dragon and there wasn't actually one available. he gave me some options. I asked if he could just swap it out for something roughly the same value in that same color scheme. He said that'd be fine. So i'm not sure what's coming lol. the other 4 are though.

• Like 2
Justind823
1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

if my corralline is growing at the same rate it's melting, is that why my alk/ca never seem to change?

🤷‍♂️ self regulating coralline sounds good to me

• Like 1

Nice haul.  I gotta get down to their store to check it out.  I've only ever ordered online from them.  I can appreciate some of the goodies they'll send with the corals too.  Got a free ICP test my last order:)

TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, ml86743 said:

Nice haul.  I gotta get down to their store to check it out.  I've only ever ordered online from them.  I can appreciate some of the goodies they'll send with the corals too.  Got a free ICP test my last order:)

the 6th coral they sent me is one i already bought from them tho😅

so now i have 2 red slimers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Elizabeth94

Those are some nice frags! 

edit: I cant remember if I ever ordered from WWC. Seems you had a good experience? 

TheKleinReef
4 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Those are some nice frags! 

edit: I cant remember if I ever ordered from WWC. Seems you had a good experience? 

yeah they’re really good. 

WWC, unique, and cherry are my go to’s 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

cherry blossom is peeling 😕

Nooooooo! I was reading through and was going to ask for another pic of it. Thats a sick coral. Sad days.

Have you ordered from Golden Basket Reef out of Portland? Rudy is the man. I just gave him $400. He sent me what I paid for and $180 in freebies.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
37 minutes ago, braaap said:

Nooooooo! I was reading through and was going to ask for another pic of it. Thats a sick coral. Sad days.

Have you ordered from Golden Basket Reef out of Portland? Rudy is the man. I just gave him $400. He sent me what I paid for and $180 in freebies.

i haven't. but i have no more room for acros. i literally can't even mount these 11 lol 

• Like 1
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36