inTank Media Baskets

I tested my alk with Hanna,  ca/mag with Salifert then used those values to calibrate the trident. Not recommended per Neptune but highly recommended from trident users on the Facebook page. Curious to see what values I get after this calibration. If it aligns with the test kits consistently I’d be more inclined to calibrate it that way. 

tank is doing great. Red acros are the only ones looking meh 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

getting really good growth on this red slimer as it was just a little nub when I got it, but the color is just so drab. 

Does look a bit pale. I read somewhere that potassium is helpful for red corals. But have no idea about safely dosing it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Does look a bit pale. I read somewhere that potassium is helpful for red corals. But have no idea about safely dosing it. 

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Look into Red Sea ABCD trace/color supplement. Had some of my best colors when I was doing that. 

I’m dosing the TM elements weekly. 
And I know some parts of the Red Sea color  is all based on dosing Ca which I’m not doing either. 

TheKleinReef
2 minutes ago, Murphs_Reef said:

Only way to do it... just guessing if you don't ICP. Fe or potassium overdosing won't be great 

I've done the whole dose specific elements for a color chase with the TOTM 65 and it's not my favorite thing to do. just reef philosophy wise. I'm a tinker-er so I like to keep it as hands off as possible or else I'll just mess things up lol 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
12 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

Light spectrum or too much par maybe?

Possibly. I’m runninG AB+ with a little more white at 55%. There’s some anacropora at the same height which don’t seem to be pale. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Nitrates are at 1. I dont like that. I cannot figure out how to balance phosphate removal so I can dump more food in. Phosphate is at .1 and that’s already pushing it but color isn’t suffering (aside from the pale red problem) so I’m not too concerned. I just need to add nitrate. 

maybe I just dose ammonium chloride. 

TheKleinReef

i seriously need to figure out how to bottle whatever is going on with my alk. 

cause i'd make a fortune. I haven't dosed in literal months and my corals are 2-2.5x the size as the were a few months ago

TheKleinReef
2 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Your first coral was a torch and it survived to grow that big? Super cool! They can be finicky. 

I cannot prove this but I feel like corals used to be a lot hardier back in the day, especially things like torches, brains, and gonis. 

11 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

IMG_0211.thumb.jpeg.51c57fd14606d680d2b5766c06c9bd2e.jpeg

there it is in the middle right. Just below the nems. 

Absolutely lovely! Look at that plate coral. Even that looks fat as heck. 

TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Absolutely lovely! Look at that plate coral. Even that looks fat as heck. 

that was one of my first corals too. I remember buying it almost dead. It was about 1.5" across. It was probably 6" by the time I lost it. 

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36