Pod Your Reef

The Rainy Day Aquarium
27 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

low key wanna upgrade my lights to T5 do i?

I love LEDs and for most of my tanks I will run them, but my Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 from 2010 kicks butt.

I’d try out a T5 fixture!

TheKleinReef
Just now, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

I love LEDs and for most of my tanks I will run them, but my Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 from 2010 kicks butt. 

aka try a T5 fixture 

the only thing a bout t5 i'm not a fan of is the fact a 6 bulb would need 2 outlets on the EB8. that's annoying.

The Rainy Day Aquarium
Just now, TheKleinReef said:

the only thing a bout t5 i'm not a fan of is the fact a 6 bulb would need 2 outlets on the EB8. that's annoying.

Oh yeah it’s a pain. My light takes up 3 outlets including the moon lights. And you have to change out bulbs every year or so too so something to think about for cost. But even something like an ATI fixture would be hard to go wrong with.

TheKleinReef
12 minutes ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Oh yeah it’s a pain. My light takes up 3 outlets including the moon lights. And you have to change out bulbs every year or so too so something to think about for cost. But even something like an ATI fixture would be hard to go wrong with.

I remember doing the math, IIRC it would take the fixture +6 years of bulb replacements (yearly) to match the price of 2 radions with mounts

• Like 2
InAtTheDeepEnd
52 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

i have LED, I've never been impressed with the radions

Omg, I love my led aquarium lights. One of the best things I ever did was get rid of t8s!! 

TheKleinReef
52 minutes ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

Omg, I love my led aquarium lights. One of the best things I ever did was get rid of t8s!! 

after the success i had using T5 with my TOTM, it's so hard to not switch back

TheKleinReef

getting some stn on the slytherin and can't get it under control on my myagi. 

phosphate and nitrate bottomed out again. kinda strange. I even decreased my gfo use. 

TheKleinReef

thinking about doing a mr aqua 22g long 36x12x12 with a small overflow box for the frag tank. then get a little AI nero 3 for the flow. should be able to use the same m2 and heaters should have enough power.

we moved the tank over about 24" and started installing the mini bar cabinets. Will take some pics when the room isn't a total disaster and is painted/cleaned up.

TheKleinReef

how tf do i light a 36x12x12. i was thinking blades, but the reviews are doggo

i wouldn't mind a 4x39w ATI but they're v hard to find cause they're discontinued

TheKleinReef

acro with potential rtn'd over about an hour. not shocked it didn't look that great in the bag. The golden carduus looks amazing though. Torch is getting mad at the fish constantly swimming near it, so does the red goni. Need to find spots that the fish won't constantly annoy it.

Also got the dos set up. I diluted the ATI essentials 1:1 and i'm dosing 5mL per day alk and 2mL per day Ca. Numbers are looking solid for the past 5 days.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
TheKleinReef
17 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Hope things are doing well. Finally got back on NR a bit more, and your tank has been unusually quiet 

yeah it's going well, kinda on auto pilot.

finally got a pretty stable drop in parameters so the DOS is up and running with ATI essentials pro 1&2

only problem i'm having is this weird green soft coral that is sexual and sprouting up every where.

the fox flame also lost it's yellow tips, but i'm not too worried about it.  I'll take some pics soon.

• Like 1