ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

I'm having an issue with air bubbles coming in on my return lines. It appears that where the black 90 degree fittings from the pump go into the wall that runs into the display tank, that air is getting slowly sucked in and then blowing into the display tank through the nozzles. Has anybody else had this issue, and if so was there a way to seal this area up so that air doesn't get sucked into the return nozzles?

4 hours ago, colinlevy said:

I have the 100w.

I am guessing you have the 75w? Which is 2 inches shorter.

Yeah I’m sorry, I should have asked you that before I recommended. I have two 75w cobalts for redundancy. If you decide to replace yours let me know, I have a buddy who just got a Solana 34g

Fishy snowman
On 10/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, coreyisag said:

pls50 is the best you can get but for some reason cadlights quit making it and good luck finding one on the resale market, ive been looking for awhile and havent seen anything.....with that being said i went with the eshopps nano and i have no complaints...10x better than the ghost from IM

Thx.  I also looking at the Reef glass & Mame skimmers.  But not sure. I do like the look of the  simplicity but you need an air pump.   Anyway.  

18 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Yeah I’m sorry, I should have asked you that before I recommended. I have two 75w cobalts for redundancy. If you decide to replace yours let me know, I have a buddy who just got a Solana 34g

No problem at all! I bought it off amazon. Their return is easy as pie.

I managed to get the heater in the same chamber with the media reactor, so probably will just return the floss holder and run both intank media baskets again.

1022171311.jpg

getting on the 25 wagon. i downgraded and wanted something easier to maintain. after researching, this tank was i decided and pretty impressed so far. i went with the aps stand and i love it. it is so light and easy to install.

20171022_121726.jpg

• Like 1

I'm fixing to jump on the bandwagon. I picked up the 25 black series had it drilled for a sump. Found this thread to get some ideas on the tank. 

Whats everyone stocking fish wise in these tanks. Want to keep my bioload down.

Plan on 2x oc. clown

royal gramma

and some type of shrimp goby. 

Here's a link to my build thread. 

59f88f574adef_thumbnail(7).thumb.jpg.e7066342191ea8def40eefc16dfb6ec1.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, c_man7 said:

I'm fixing to jump on the bandwagon. I picked up the 25 black series had it drilled for a sump. Found this thread to get some ideas on the tank. 

Whats everyone stocking fish wise in these tanks. Want to keep my bioload down.

Plan on 2x oc. clown

royal gramma

and some type of shrimp goby. 

Here's a link to my build thread. 

59f88f574adef_thumbnail(7).thumb.jpg.e7066342191ea8def40eefc16dfb6ec1.jpg

Tank looks good! Did you buy one of the DIY frame kits off BRS or similar or get the stuff from a hardware store?

I just ordered the BRS kit, just to get it all in one place.

I am not hands on at all, so a little worried about making the lid

5 hours ago, colinlevy said:

Tank looks good! Did you buy one of the DIY frame kits off BRS or similar or get the stuff from a hardware store?

I just ordered the BRS kit, just to get it all in one place.

I am not hands on at all, so a little worried about making the lid

This one was the hardest one i've made. lay it out so it flattens out and it will make it way easier to keep it tight. The screen is from BRS the rest is from home depot

@c_man7 cool build. I like it.

My stocking is: 2 clowns, 1 starry blenny, 1 yasha goby + randall shrimp, and some snails and invert.

I grow chaeto in the back chambers and have no issues with my bio-load. I'm never able to register any nitrates or phosphates in my tank. I read up on the ULNS theory, so I started dosing KNO3 to see how my corals color up and grow, so far, so good.

Test kits used: Salifert Nitrate and Red Sea Phosphate

Without dosing KNO3, Nitrates: >1 , Phos: 0.00

Dosing KNO3, Nitrates: >5, Phos: 0.00

Is anyone running an Algae reactor setup on this tank they are happy with? I'm trying to get a sense if I should DIY as cheaply as possible or look at the more expensive reactors I see available.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:25 AM, nickyJ said:

Is anyone running an Algae reactor setup on this tank they are happy with? I'm trying to get a sense if I should DIY as cheaply as possible or look at the more expensive reactors I see available.

I'm running an Aquamaxx DIY reactor. It'll definitely grow chaeto if you've got nutrients for it. I was going from fist sized ball to packed reactor in 2 weeks during cycle. It was definitely a lot cheaper than a high-end Pax Bellum and seems to work pretty well for me.

Resized_20170813_155654.jpeg

Resized_20170813_155638.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone running the Apex on their IM25?

I just got mine up and running but having trouble finding a good place to put the probes/probe holder.

All 5 of my back chambers seem pretty full. 

going to set up a lagoon 25. i have been running intank basket w/chaeto in my biocube14 for 4 years.

run 1 intank media basket floss/chemipure elite/empty bay for now

does it make sense to just get another media basket for the other side/remove middle and grow chaeto in it with floss on top? i mean once you get the fuge basket and a floss holder it is the SAME cost - then my middle chambers are wide open for ato/heater/probes etc

or am i missing a reason for the fuge basket other than a bigger chaeto area?

thanks

Just bought the 25 lagoon from BRS Black Friday sale and am expecting to get it in a couple days. Ive upgraded the return to the sicce 1.5, and will be using an AI Prime HD, from my last build. What other mods and skimmer would you all recommend? I've heard the filter socks suck, but any other advice is greatly appreciated.

I dropped the filter socks right away and switched to an intank filter.  also running a ns-80 skimmer thats ok but runs a little wet for me. and the im desktop media reactor. gotitfor60 dollars from a local store cause it had a crack in it. use it to run chemipure.  

for the return i have a maxijet 1200. but ive been looking for a different return thats a bit quieter.  is the sicce 1.5 the golden standard for these tanks?

5 hours ago, corey01 said:

is the sicce 1.5 the golden standard for these tanks?

I don't know about gold standard, but everyone says they're silent. I've heard good things about the sicce, and the Eheim 600.

@Corey01 is your MJ1200 by Marineland or Cobalt? that might make a difference. I run the Colbalt MJ1200 in mine and it is quiettttt the light fan is louder than my pump.

With that said though, I'm going with the 2 smaller pumps for the return just to create a redundancy and jic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 7:53 AM, Nart said:

@Corey01 is your MJ1200 by Marineland or Cobalt? that might make a difference. I run the Colbalt MJ1200 in mine and it is quiettttt the light fan is louder than my pump.

With that said though, I'm going with the 2 smaller pumps for the return just to create a redundancy and jic.

sorry it took a min. guess I missed the notification

it was an old cobalt. the gray ones with the black printing on them. but it was rather beaten up. Actually I purchased a sicce 1.5 from BRS for the black friday sale for about 44 dollars or so. installed it yesterday and seems like its doing allright so far.

but when i replaced it I did a through cleaning if my skimmer media reactor and siphoned out the gunk that accumulates in the back chambers. when I did I found....something.

im hoping it isnt a crack or a chip  its in the top right of the picture. it almost looks like a bubble? anyone have any input on this? the only thing I can think of is to drain almost the entire tank and slide the corner off the stand and actually look at it. but I cant do that until tuesday as I wont have time. showed it to a buddy of mine he thinks the foam under the tank isnt stuck to the glass in that spot.  any input on this?  this would be the back right chamber against the corner.

20171130_113807.jpg