Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

They are not turbo snails, they are Turbinarids. The leftmost one is Astraea tecta and the rightmost is Lithopoma phoebium.

Next question. My pH is 7.99 to 8.32. Thats good?

• Like 1
HarryPotter

tank looks great! i may be getting a clam from CultivatedReef soon. any tips?

Tips for clams? They're pretty simple creatures. The more light the merrier and enough flow that they can filter feed but NOT to rustle their mantle too much.

Give it something so mount onto. A clam hammock is best- so its foot can attach strongly while still enabling you to move it around. All of my clams are on small ceramic pieces, whether flat ceramic disks or something else.

Seems to be no problem.

pH 7.8-8.5 OK

8.1-8.3 is better 8.0-8.3 (can be lower or higher in lagoons)

from

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/

Thanks! My pH used to be 7.8- 8 but now it is 8-8.3

• Like 1
HarryPotter

how do you get them to attach to the disk in the first place?

Um. They have feet that have sticky byssal threads.

*Place clam on disk, make sure it doesn't fall over*

Wait 12 hours

*Clam is attached to disk*

• Like 1

Um. They have feet that have sticky byssal threads.

*Place clam on disk, make sure it doesn't fall over*

Wait 12 hours

*Clam is attached to disk*

hmm...gonna need to find something for it to stick to. may have to get some rock rubles somewhere. i have to find a place to put it too. it's a maxima so need to find somewhere on the rock.

your monti rock is awesome by the way

• Like 1
HarryPotter

hmm...gonna need to find something for it to stick to. may have to get some rock rubles somewhere. i have to find a place to put it too. it's a maxima so need to find somewhere on the rock.

your monti rock is awesome by the way

I have another clam hammock I believe in my room, might be able to get it to you if you like with 2 day shipping for a few bucks. From TheAlternativeReef. Benefit is that it is concave in the center so that the clam doesn't fall easily.

• Like 1

I have another clam hammock I believe in my room, might be able to get it to you if you like with 2 day shipping for a few bucks. From TheAlternativeReef. Benefit is that it is concave in the center so that the clam doesn't fall easily.

thanks man. will let u know. i have some ruble in the sump i may be able to use.

Just refilled reefing supplies:

Sponges for MiniMax reactor

Where are u getting this from ...I could not find them when I was looking for them last.

HarryPotter

Where are u getting this from ...I could not find them when I was looking for them last.

BRS

Tanks coming along nicely Harry ? When you gonna mount the frags on the rack?

When the snails are done mowing down the algae!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Whew! Worked today on wiring and organization in the stand. Installed a shelf in the right side cabinet to put my doser on, untangled some stuff, and decided I needed to get another EB8. Right after I sold one to Stella! Lol! Whoops!

Noticed my Alkalinity solution is WHITE again. Weird as heck. I might be changing to BRS stuff since this batch of B-Ionic is being so odd!

HarryPotter

*Something Smart*

Can you link me to some standard wire like that is used for float switches? I can't figure it out!

Preferably it would be 2 cables that are "stuck together" around 22 gauge I think. Even better if it is two cables wrapped in white so that it matches my stand better.

HarryPotter

Branches are POPPING all the sudden. Really excited... White growth tips starting and I am lowering the T5s slowly :lol:

IMG_5600_zpswffdp0ln.jpg

This guy is pretty cute

IMG_5603_zpszuv4e2jq.jpg

Heres a sexy rainbow RFA ;)

IMG_5599_zpst5qsfmej.jpg

• Like 6
HarryPotter

All of those are awesome :) Nice going Harry :D

Thank you! I tried to use the DSLR but it just wasn't working well for me- glass is kind of dirty and I worked in the tank earlier.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Photos look great! I do not see a quality issue in the Pics. I really need to get a DSLR, SOON :D

These were three of 40 that make the cut! haha :)

Yeah they're sweet. This week I will get out the DSLR and the tripod and get some close ups with the pumps off :)

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

I'm jelly of that RFA! Gotta score some if I ever get my new tank running! Lol. Tank looks good! Looks like the T5's are treating you well.

HarryPotter

I'm jelly of that RFA! Gotta score some if I ever get my new tank running! Lol. Tank looks good! Looks like the T5's are treating you well.

I found a store (Exotic Aquariums) that has ALL their RFAs at the same price no matter the color or size. Picked up that one from there.

The T5s are doing really really well. I am lowering the fixture however since I feel the tank needs more light but there is not much more room to lower! Maybe I need the 8 bulbs :o

3 C+, 2B+, 1 P+

Marc.The.Shark

Maybe I need the 8 bulbs :o3

Oh no, not again! I don't think we could go thru you needing a new light again!! It was pretty stressful! Hahaha

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350