Acropora all doing amazing

IMG_5953_zpsjlzagky2.jpg

IMG_5991_zpswp0p4co5.jpg

IMG_5955_zps7aixy2rr.jpg

IMG_5986_zpsgzjkhqom.jpg

IMG_5954_zps0urw3l3v.jpg

And clams all doing well

IMG_5965_zps3roe9yul.jpg

What DI resin do you recommend? Saving up for a booster pump.

I just bought DI resin from them! :o

Lol I received 2 bags of resin from them today and already did it :lol:

It can't be THAT BAD if the're everyone's go to for RODI stuff. All my stuff comes in Friday. Gonna mount the RODI in my coat closet by the front door where the hose is hahahah. Apartment life!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

SPS? The polyps look pretty large here!

Has anyone seen a digitata SUPER CLOSE?

IMG_6027_zpsyywvpxew.jpg

Or Sunset

IMG_6026_zpsty98idw2.jpg

Or little acro stubs; whichever you prefer

IMG_6022_zpsjioymllm.jpg

Lets not forget Zoas!

IMG_6025_zpsrpxdu8kt.jpg

IMG_6017_zpsuoh0tlft.jpg

IMG_6024_zpslcebr2hu.jpg

IMG_6005%201_zpshbn65ec7.jpg

• Like 7
jedimasterben

It can't be THAT BAD if the're everyone's go to for RODI stuff.

I can't even begin to describe the amount of people that believe in the 'healing effects' of homeopathy, which is the 'medicine' of diluting stuff so much that the active ingredients are no longer present, yet that makes it 'more effective'. Lots of people using something doesn't make it good or better :)

That being said, Harold's problem is likely CO2 if he doesn't have chloramine in his tap water, in which case it will burn through DI resin like mad no matter what brand he chooses.

HarryPotter

That being said, Harold's problem is likely CO2 if he doesn't have chloramine in his tap water, in which case it will burn through DI resin like mad no matter what brand he chooses.

No chloramines. Ill look up a cheap CO2 test later. Whats the solution Jedi?

jedimasterben

If you got high CO2, what you need to do is make just RO water and then aerate it with a very strong air pump in a bucket for 24 hours, then use a very slow pump to push it through the DI canister separately. CO2 is really difficult to deal with. :(

HarryPotter

If you got high CO2, what you need to do is make just RO water and then aerate it with a very strong air pump in a bucket for 24 hours, then use a very slow pump to push it through the DI canister separately. CO2 is really difficult to deal with. :(

lol! Nuts. Of course it's something that's a total PITA!

It's not THAT bad; I made 40g and there's about 1.5" of brown on one canister. I think a booster pump is in my future and no more color changing resin

In other news.... Swapped both socks today (using mesh only since cloth is a PITA to clean) and emptied skimmer. Boy the skimmer was nasty.... Super black gunk! I set it really dry a while ago and just realized how bad that would smell :lol:

• Like 1

I don't have chloramines either. So you're saying the water typically is high in Co2? And the best/only way to truly get super low numbers for TDI is ro, air pump 24hrs, then small pump for di? Crazy pita. I will do a regular RODI fill up and see what the TDS says then try what you are saying and see what the TDS says.

HarryPotter

I don't have chloramines either. So you're saying the water typically is high in Co2? And the best/only way to truly get super low numbers for TDI is ro, air pump 24hrs, then small pump for di? Crazy pita. I will do a regular RODI fill up and see what the TDS says then try what you are saying and see what the TDS says.

No water is NOT typically high in CO2. I may personally have an issue with the well and/or water softener but it does not mean you will have the same issue. You should be fine :)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

CO2 isn't a dissolved solid, so it cannot show up on a TDS meter, you need a CO2 test kit to determine the level.

No water is NOT typically high in CO2. I may personally have an issue with the well and/or water softener but it does not mean you will have the same issue. You should be fine :)

Oh, you have a well? Yeah, you're ####ed, it's CO2. :(
  • Like 1

CO2 isn't a dissolved solid, so it cannot show up on a TDS meter, you need a CO2 test kit to determine the level.

ohhhhhhh yay for me! sad for you Harry:( just do giant 55 gallon buckets worth to make it worth your time?

HarryPotter

Lol it's okay, 40 gallons used up about 2" of DI resin. I can live with that, no worries. A booster pump will help a lot too :)

If you're really burning through the DI that quick I would stick with the cheapest. That sucks.

I may have missed some posts, did you make sure TDS out of RO membrane is low, like < 4?

SPS still look fantastic!

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350