Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Thank you! Its not too "Crazy" with all the different types of corals? haha

Never! I love a lot of diversity! I sqeeze things in everywhere. If it gets to crowded and I find something new I love and have to have... I sell or give something else away to make room for it!

HarryPotter

That sucks. :(

I know right. At least I got some mushrooms? But poor caps :(

Never! I love a lot of diversity! I sqeeze things in everywhere. If it gets to crowded and I find something new I love and have to have... I sell or give something else away to make room for it!

Cool, I like that style!

• Like 2

Ive read online that ich is in EVERY tank and you just have to keep your fish stress free and well fed. Not sure though, lots of different ideas.

I am using this super concentrated garlic stuff made for reefs, four drops with a cube of mysis three times a day. I will get the name of it later

you feed 3 cubes of mysis a day???? woah. makes me feel like i am starving my fish....

HarryPotter

you feed 3 cubes of mysis a day???? woah. makes me feel like i am starving my fish....

I was feeding cubes every other day and then pellets on the off days but Stella pointed out that my phosphates were also zero why why not feed more? :)

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Will just take some time for everything to really adjust and settle in to the new tank. :)

Paging Jedimaster!

Both of these snails can't be "turbos" right. Can you ID the other and is it okay?

7714D480-1336-42C3-949D-ABE06A04F44B_zps

jedimasterben

They are not turbo snails, they are Turbinarids. The leftmost one is Astraea tecta and the rightmost is Lithopoma phoebium.

HarryPotter

They are not turbo snails, they are Turbinarids. The leftmost one is Astraea tecta and the rightmost is Lithopoma phoebium.

Um. What I meant to ask was "Are they good/safe or should I trash the spikey one?"

HarryPotter

Leaving for Boston for the weekend!

1. Fill up ATO (Good for 1.5 weeks)
  2. Showed Dad how to feed (1 cube per day, press "PAUSE" on the return pump first)
  3. Cleaned glass!
  • Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Leaving for Boston for the weekend!

• Fill up ATO (Good for 1.5 weeks)
  • Showed Dad how to feed (1 cube per day, press "PAUSE" on the return pump first)
  • Cleaned glass!
this thread has been too dead lately :P
HarryPotter

this thread has been too dead lately :P

1. Your signature is too large!

2. Yeah totally! Ive been slacking with updates maybe? lol

Cencalfishguy56

1. Your signature is too large!

2. Yeah totally! Ive been slacking with updates maybe? lol

ben has already bugged me about it lmao I'm on mobile I'll fix it when I get on my MacBook
  • Like 1
HarryPotter

Still too big IMO :lol:

Question.

If I plug my Vortech into an apex outlet I can shut it "off" for feeding. If the outlet goes "off" the Vortech resorts to 10% from the battery backup, which is perfect for feeding.

Any drawbacks of that?

HarryPotter

Not that I know of.

Cool thanks. I don't think it's worth buying the WXM module when I can just shut off the outlet for a "feed mode"

HarryPotter

Just refilled reefing supplies:

175g RSCP

1 gallon ROX .8 Carbon (Stella convinced my to take this out of my order!)

Salifert Ca

Salifert Kh

Salifert Nitrate

Loc-Line fittings to convert the stock return

Sponges for MiniMax reactor

You sure that aint some pulsing xenia? lol

Crazy no?!?! It lost a TON of color when I brought it in but I think its going to be something really badass in a month or two.

When the lights are back on ill be able to see how it went over the weekend :)

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350