Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Psh. This is 'merica, we don't get a choice in internet speed or have options for getting faster :P

speedtest.net

This is my work connection at peak time with around 2500 concurrent users right now :)

5194387474.png

Holy crap.

Download 42mb/s and upload 5mb/s

jedimasterben

Holy crap.

Download 42mb/s and upload 5mb/s

On a 5Mbps upload connection, a 100MB video will take around 3.5 minutes to upload as long as no one else is using the connection.

That internet connection is a 1Gbps/1Gbps fiber link that costs somewhere around $5k per month, including maintaining the fiber links between the county office and each school. When school is out, I get somewhere around 800/800Mbps or so. At home, my connection is from the same company, but I get roughly 24/1.6Mbps or so.

HarryPotter

On a 5Mbps upload connection, a 100MB video will take around 3.5 minutes to upload as long as no one else is using the connection.

That internet connection is a 1Gbps/1Gbps fiber link that costs somewhere around $5k per month, including maintaining the fiber links between the county office and each school. When school is out, I get somewhere around 800/800Mbps or so. At home, my connection is from the same company, but I get roughly 24/1.6Mbps or so.

Original video was 4gb but I took it to 400mb... Will try uploading again.

Yeah I WISH I had internet like that! Mine isn't that bad though at 42/5

edit: Says 15 minutes, not bad.

Better :)

But buy this: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-60-Inch-Lightweight-Tripod-Bag/dp/B005KP473Q

It is light, but plenty for what you need.

Arrived today, nice! I like how you can raise the height of the camera via the knob w/o adjusting the legs.

I still feel totally lost with the camera itself. I just zoom in, focus, and take the photo. There are so many things that pop up on the screen and settings that I probably messed up... Can I factory reset it?

Speaking of download speed, my living room where my TV is mounted is a complete dead zone. I get 3 mb/s there but 25 mb/s just a few feet away. There has to be something in the wall that's creating interference. Pisses me off because I can't watch Netflix or Hulu or HBO Go on my TV. Tried plugging in a wifi extender but didn't help.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Original video was 4gb but I took it to 400mb... Will try uploading again.

Yeah I WISH I had internet like that! Mine isn't that bad though at 42/5

edit: Says 15 minutes, not bad.

Arrived today, nice! I like how you can raise the height of the camera via the knob w/o adjusting the legs.

I still feel totally lost with the camera itself. I just zoom in, focus, and take the photo. There are so many things that pop up on the screen and settings that I probably messed up... Can I factory reset it?

Yes, it's in the menu.

Speaking of download speed, my living room where my TV is mounted is a complete dead zone. I get 3 mb/s there but 25 mb/s just a few feet away. There has to be something in the wall that's creating interference. Pisses me off because I can't watch Netflix or Hulu or HBO Go on my TV. Tried plugging in a wifi extender but didn't help.

Depends on your router, mostly, and what wifi signal you're sending out. A 5GHz N or AC signal can be faster than a 2.4GHz one, but 2.4GHz sends better through obstructions.

HarryPotter

Nice ... !! I had the same blue sides wrasse as urs. Sold it and got a linespot fairy wrasse..

Cool. I think I might be impulsive and pick up a baby yellow tang today. I have a 20l and aqua clear for a possible quarantine but would rather not as I feel it stresses the fish MORE. Hmm.

HarryPotter

RODI Success

BRS replaced my defective membrane after a few emails back and forth as it was under 6 months old and not performing nearly as well as it should. So now tap is about 450 TDS, then the post RO is 9, and then post DI is 0. Im happy with that, it may not be perfect but it shouldn't blast through DI like it was.

HarryPotter

why do you need remote? you have a timer in the camera...

I know I was just using the timer, came out well

IMG_5326_zpszyg9zptx.jpg

Leather closed up

IMG_5315_zpsl8e32nxi.jpg

Rainbow Montipora

IMG_5311_zpsiwsyhory.jpg

Torch

IMG_5322_zpsdekq4rro.jpg

Macro

IMG_5314_zps47odg7ji.jpg

Slimy acropora tip

IMG_5319_zpsq7ysgbtv.jpg

Sexy neon green thingy:

IMG_5324_zps9zuad6br.jpg

Tiny acro with some badass color

IMG_5320_zpstda6rqom.jpg

• Like 3

i like the timer better, has a built in mirror lock up funtion for stills (might be a pentax thing though for the moving sensor). i also put all my pumps on a single outlet so i can unplug the waterflow for quick pics

nice pics btw

• Like 1

Careful balance! haha

New tripod is neat, need a remote now though :lol:

+1 remote is a great thing to have w/ tripod shooting..... That said I prefer to just shoot freehand w/o any helpers. I hate how long it takes to set up everything for each shot. Just gotta be steady and take lots of throw away shots lol

• Like 1
jedimasterben

+1 remote is a great thing to have w/ tripod shooting..... That said I prefer to just shoot freehand w/o any helpers. I hate how long it takes to set up everything for each shot. Just gotta be steady and take lots of throw away shots lol

As long as you can get a fast enough shutter speed, then shooting freehand is good enough, but anything less than 1/125 or so is getting iffy.

No idea! Stella told me at one point but I forgot :(

Haliptilon sp.
  • Like 2
HarryPotter

So the tank seems.... off. Some cyano which is to be expected but the water seems not as clear as usual and the corals just not as happy as they should be. Leather corals are closed (Weird), rescued bubble coral still doesn't look any better, and the rocks have some GHA in patches. Im preparing a few water changes since they're my universal solution but I can't put my finger on the problem.

Red Montipora has some STN from the top, weird.

I am just running mechanical filtration, as usual. Thinking of running some carbon and possibly using chemiclean.

Some of my rocks have a layer of sand on them that doesn't come off with flow, you have to toothbrush it. Like its sticky.

Do you think its the leather corals? Im all for returning them if they're causing this issue.

HarryPotter

your pictures from 2 days ago look good. did this just suddenly happen? your skimmer is still going strong? i would run carbon. i thought people always run carbon with leather.

Skimmer was actually not working, I set it too dry and the bubbles didn't reach the cup. Had to clean everything out.

Not "all the sudden" but now I see some cyano, hair algae, and there is a film on the glass. Maybe just nutrients.

Just the rock has some GHA, cyano, some corals not happy, etc. Need to run a full range test asap, etc.

Skimmer was actually not working, I set it too dry and the bubbles didn't reach the cup. Had to clean everything out.

Not "all the sudden" but now I see some cyano, hair algae, and there is a film on the glass. Maybe just nutrients.

What are your nitrates and phosphates?

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350