Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

ATI looks great. I want one too. How are you hanging it?

Right now from the AI EXT mount, but I will be hanging from the ceiling once my hanging kit arrives. I traded a used XR15 for the 6x54w with all new bulbs. Its awesome

Get Dave to retrofit some LEDs for you.

As soon I sell the Radion I will look into that

Damn that light really set it off.

Thanks, really like it. And thats 2 bulbs! It'll look better once hung, shame I can't find a local hanging kit

• Like 1

Looks very nice. What bulb combo are you using? Are you using ATI bulbs?

Two bulbs! Blue+ and blue+

They are putting out greater PE to feed more from the water column as they are now relying more on feeding to sustain themselves rather then on the light they were receiving..... 2 t5s isn't likely giving them near they par they were used to ;) Why the #### are you only running two anyways noob :lol:

No idea. I thought since the fixture isn't hung yet; it's 5" above the water line. Should I add another? Or run the 6 bulbs all together for a few hours even at this power

the 6 bulbs is likely alot closer in par to the radions then the current two are. At the very least run 4..... but really I'd just run em all lol

Okay, I will run 4 tomorrow; easy enough. Thanks.

the 6 bulbs is likely alot closer in par to the radions then the current two are. At the very least run 4..... but really I'd just run em all lol

+1 I ran 4 of my 6 for a week and then I setup the 6 bulb schedule.

Run all 6

10 hour blue bulbs 8 hours all on with one hour of blues before and after the 8 hour all on.

Right now it is 6" above the water lol..... Thats too low. Hanging kit coming on Wednesday :)

um...why cant you just shorten the wire ropes and bring it up a bit in the meantime?

Sadly that doesn't work with these arms- they are too close together so anything more than this makes them start to go sideways

• Like 1

Why do you say they are to low? I ran my t5's like 5-6" off the surface on my 180. :lol:

I don't know. Braaap was warning me about burning things

Yeh they aren't too low. My 4 t5 are about 3" off the water.

You are not going to burn anything with t5 like you would led.

4 bulbs tomorrow and I will see for a few days. 9 hours sounds good, no? Then I will add the 6 in the middle

I don't know. Braaap was warning me about burning things

4 bulbs tomorrow and I will see for a few days. 9 hours sounds good, no? Then I will add the 6 in the middle

This whole thing about burning or melting corals seemed to take hold after LED's hit the market. Yeah you had to be careful with placement while running a halide as too much light would bleach some corals. I ran Halides and T5's back in the day on in the morning 100% for 8 to 10 hours off at night. Maybe JMB can shed some light on this issue. I have seen set ups with 6 to 8 T5's in a hood no taller than 6" they look fantastic. I can bet if you took a par meter to your tank right now you would not be close to what you had with the radion running 2 bulbs.

• Like 4

This whole thing about burning or melting corals seemed to take hold after LED's hit the market. Yeah you had to be careful with placement while running a halide as too much light would bleach some corals. I ran Halides and T5's back in the day on in the morning 100% for 8 to 10 hours off at night. Maybe JMB can shed some light on this issue. I have seen set ups with 6 to 8 T5's in a hood no taller than 6" they look fantastic. I can bet if you took a par meter to your tank right now you would not be close to what you had with the radion running 2 bulbs.

I wish I had a par meter! I will have the lights set for 10 hours with 4 bulbs, 11-9. I already am missing having very dim moonlights on it :(

Here is an "under tank" shot. Everything is up and running perfectly!

My favorite piece of equipment is the DC Return Pump. You just press a "pause" button and it will pause for 15 minutes- toss in a cube and you're done.

5BCE8FEE-F3D5-414E-B328-4A1D0EF9869C_zps

And the display. I don't like the bulb combo.... Too blue. I want more white.

2A3BA9CB-4860-4135-A803-8AC1AEC57B96_zps

Get Dave to retrofit some LEDs for you.

Ninjamyst check out that white "shelf" on the right side of the stand. $6 at home depot- fits tightly with rubber feet holding it up- no screwing necessary for items that don't weigh much. I might grab another one of them; they make the right side of the stand so much more "useful".

• Like 6

Ninjamyst check out that white "shelf" on the right side of the stand. $6 at home depot- fits tightly with rubber feet holding it up- no screwing necessary for items that don't weigh much. I might grab another one of them; they make the right side of the stand so much more "useful".

I want it. Just rubber feet huh? Do you have to cut it to size?

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350